Chapter 10

Most Valuable Players

Over a few weeks everything seemed to be going well for Taemin, or so some thought. In any case, the bullying worsened. At lunch when he'd hang out with Jinki, Shin Hye, Hyoyeon, Krystal, Jessica and Yuri, he was safe. But no one predicted that hanging out with five beautiful girls would add onto the jealousy guys felt over him. 

One day, a couple of guys had seen Taemin putting his books into his locker. They walked over and just bashed his head into the neighboring locker, laughing as his nose poured out blood. Though when he showed up to dance class covered in blood, he just brushed it off as clumsiness.

Another time was when Jinki and Jonghyun were talking but the second Jinki saw Taemin, he rushed over to cover his face with kisses. And when Jinki had to book it to get to his class (because Taemin constantly scolded him about doing good in school), Jonghyun took the opportunity to beat Taemin senseless and leave him lying there.

Minho was always somehow around these awful moments, wishing he could in, until one day he and Shin Hye walked in on in happening.

"I'm sorry for anything I've done to upset you," Taemin wimpered as he lied on the ground, stomach getting kicked and stomped on.

"You hear that fellas? Mr. Perfect is the one apologizin' to us!!" One male shouted.

"Why don't you just die!?" Another added.

Shin Hye's eyes widened in horror, she turned to Minho and told him to cover his ears as tightly as he could. In that instant, she shrieked the loudest she could, causing everyone in the hall to fall to their knees. The tears built in her eyes when she saw Taemin spitting blood. She ran over to him, kneeling beside him and placing his head into her lap.

"Oppa, you pabo... Why don't you just fight back?" Her tears began to fall. Why would you let this happen!? Why don't you just toss them aside like the trash they are!?

Taemin smiled weakly at her. You don't always have to worry about me. I let this happen because I wouldn't want to disappoint my parents with senseless fighting. You're new so you don't know, but everyone at this school seems to hate me. I don't know why, but since the very beginning I've been treated this way. I just never wanted you or Jinki to see it.

Why haven't you asked Minho oppa? Her eyes still glossy with tears. She looked at Taemin up and down and started to his hair in a comforting way.

Taemin shut his eyes and leaned into her touch. Sorry to say but he actually takes part in this.

"What!?" Shin Hye finally voiced herself. She turned to look at Minho who had been staring intently at the two. "You... You knew?? You knew and didn't tell me? You knew and took part in it... You're a monster Choi Minho, do not ever come near Taemin or any of our friends for that matter!"

"What? No, I didn't -- I mean -- I tried to stop -- I didn't want to get bullied either." It all sounded so shallow once he said it out loud. 

Shin Hye looked at him in disbelief and turned to face Taemin. "Let's go oppa, I'll walk you to your room and call Jinki and Jongin."

--

In Taemin's room, chaos took over the second his boyfriend and his brother walked in.

"Hyung.. oh my god..." Jongin just stared at how bruised and bloody his brother looked.

"Taemin!" Jinki shouted as he stepped through the doorframe. He ran over to his weak boyfriend that was laying on the couch and held his cheek. "What happened?" He whispered.

"I'll tell you what happened, some s were just beating Taeminnie oppa because they're jealous! They were calling him Mr. Perfect as they kicked him," Shin Hye shouted as she covered her eyes.

Jongin kneeled beside Jinki who was sitting in front of Taemin's face. "Hyung, why didn't you ask for help?"

But before Taemin could answer, Shin Hye took over once more. "He said this has been happening since the beginning of the school year! The beginning! Can you believe that! And not once has he asked anyone for help! Oppa, it's halfway through the school year..." Shin Hye's eyes began to water.

"Come on Shin, don't cry. I'm a big boy," Taemin said with a hoarse whisper. 

"You sure as hell aren't if you aren't standing up for yourself Min," Jinki said sternly, which cause Taemin's eyes to widen a bit from shock.

"Speaking of Min, you guys won't believe this next part," she started with a sarcastic laugh, "MINHO has been beating the crap out of Taemin too!"

Jongin stood up, "Are you serious? Has he really, hyung?" Jongin stared deeply into Taemin's eyes.

Taemin only nodded. 

"Well I don't trust leaving Taemin by himself ever anymore. I'm going to go change my schedule so that I end exactly the times Taemin does." Jinki stood up and walked towards the door, "Don't leave him here alone guys, wait til I'm back please!" He gave a puppy dog look and pout and in the blink of an eye, he was gone.

"Jongin please get Taemin oppa some fresh clothes, I'm going to clean his wounds and wash him up."

Both Jongin and Taemin blushed at Shin Hye's orders. Jongin quickly walked over to his hyung's room.

"Shin, I think I can wash myse--"

"Sit up by yourself then." Shin Hye requested, testing to see if Taemin was okay enough to wash himself.

The second he moved his hand to help himself sit up he cried out in pain.

"Yeah I don't think so. I'll be back in a sec!" With those two sentences her tone changed from scary and demanding to the sweet girl everyone was used to and Taemin shivered at that.

"I hate when she does that," Taemin mumbled to himself.

--

Jinki finally returned and when he did, it was with Victoria, one of Krystal's friends. Victoria had the power to heal, and when Jinki saw her in the front office building next to him, he quickly explained the situation and begged her to come help. Though she would've come with a simple request.

"Oh no, are you okay sweety?" Victoria said upon seeing the boy that was now fresh and clean lying upon the sofa weakly.

Jongin and Shin Hye were sitting with their legs criss crossed and looked up at Victoria.

"Oh hi unnie!" Shin Hye waved. "He's pretty weak right now."

"Mhm, I can feel it. It hurts really bad, doesn't it?" She asked while crouching down next to Taemin.

"What do you mean feel it?" Taemin asked.

"Well along with my healing abilities, part of it is to sense the pain, the second I touch you I will be able to feel exactly what you feel. Though just being around you, I can already feel some of the pain." She smiled sweetly. "Here's what's gonna happen, okay? We're going to link our hands together for five seconds, when those five seconds are up you will be completely restored to you usual physique and you shouldn't feel any pain. However, all those bruises, cuts, and that pain is transferred over to my body. The way I rid of it is by either singing a song or having someone sing to me."

"I can sing to you," Taemin smiled, trying not to open the cut on his lip again.

"Oh, Taemin's singing will be a reward to all of us noona," Jinki smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

Victoria laughed and asked Jinki to help Taemin sit up. "You ready?"

Taemin nodded and lifted both his hands. Victoria linked their fingers and shut her eyes. She took in a deep breath and released it.

"One... Two... Three... Four... Five..."

And within those five seconds, the marks slowly disappeared from Taemin's body and face and appeared on Victoria.

"Omo, noona! I feel great thank you so much! I'll sing you this song that I wrote a long time ago, just because~" He smiled and placed his fists into his last.

"Nunan neomu yeppeoseo

Namjadeuri gaman an dwo
Heundeullineun geunyeoui mam sasir algo isseo
Geunyeoege sarangeun hansunganui neukkimir ppun
Mwora haedo naegen salmui everything

Ama geunyeoneun eorin naega budamseureoungabwa
Nal baraboneun nunbici malhaejujanha
And I think I’m gonna hate it girl
Kkeuti daga oneun geol
Gaseumi malhaejunda
Nuga mworaedo

Victoria neomu yeppeo
Michyeo
Replay Replay Replay
Chueogi nae mameur halkwieo
Gochyeo
Replay Replay Replay~
"

Victoria sprang up and clapped and cheered, "That was beautiful Taemin! Thank you! I loved it!"

The group giggled when Victoria scooped Taemin into her arms and gave him a tight bear hug, though Shin Hye and Jinki couldn't hold back the pang of jealousy when seeing their favorite person getting hugged by someone who wasn't them.

 

As time had gone by, the group had invited Victoria to stay and ate dinner together. Taemin had received a phone call from Kibum demanding to know where he was, but Jinki just answered sassily and hung up without waiting for a response. They shared a few laughs, and even called over the girls from dance to play some games. The night ended with peace and with Taemin having one more friend, one more person on his side.

--

What was this? I don't know.

Celebrating because I am literally, so, so close to finishing my college app. I just need my brother in law to finish revising my paper before I can click submit and MOVE ON. woo!

Anyway, maybe this was a chapter to just show that Taemin is still getting bullied on the sidelines.

Thank you for reading and please comment! Come on guys, I seriously have so many subscribers and like one comment per chapter v.v