Chapter 1

Most Valuable Players

 

"Get back here Lee Taemin!" Minho screamed, chasing the said boy down the hall. 

I don't know what I've done wrong... Taemin thought to himself as he used his power to his advantage. Taemin had several powers: Mindreading,  telekinesis, and he was a psychic siren. And he was still discovering new powers and abilities he never knew he had. The fact that he had more than one power added to the jealousy others felt over him.

Taemin swung his arms, moving students to block Minho's path while he ran. He ran all the way outside, finally seeing the other building. The school for the humans. He jumped over the small river stream that divided the two parts of the school and made his way to the front of the building.

The school was called Most Valuable Players Academy, MVP Academy. It was a school that had two goals. To have highest academics and the most powerful students. Yes, MVP Academy was not your ordinary school. It aimed to excel the highest, but the highest of two completely different things. MVP consisted of the top students within its' human school. All were brainiacs whose knowledge and wisdom was way past the average human. It also consisted of the top rank superhumans. These students had special powers and some were even anthropomorphic. MVP's goal was to have the very best students, the most valuable players. 

Meanwhile Minho had given up his chase for the younger.

Though Minho chased Taemin with an angry look on his face, he had just wanted to ask Taemin for help on his classwork. He was failing most of his subjects, and he knew Taemin was the number one student in MVP's school for nonhumans. Not only had the fragile boy been very gifted with multiple talents, but he had the amount of brains to be part of the other school in MVP Academy.

Taemin was catching his breath, clutching a hand onto his chest when he heard a familiar voice, "Taemin what are you doing here?"

Taemin jumped in his spot and saw his little brother looking at him questioningly.

"Hyung, are you still being bullied? Why don't you just use that moving power to kill them with some huge thing!" Jongin said while waving his arms to emphasize the size.

Taemin chuckled and ruffled his brother's hair. "Jongin that's unnecessary, as well as against the school rules."

"Technically you're breaking a rule right now," Jongin said and stuck his tongue out at his hyung. And he was right, students of the two schools were not allowed to interact. The head of the academic side of MVP feared that the "monsters" on the other side would attack. Taemin, however, was an exception.

Taemin came from a different kind of family. His father was human, but his mother was, well, not. Taemin's mother, Taeyeon, was not only a siren but she also had the power of invisibility and was immortal. She had the gift of making someone immortal by mating with them, and gifting them with immortality was her choice. Taeyeon would use her beauty to lure in men, only wanting to satisfy lustful needs. One day she lured in a business man, a very handsome one at that, yet when she mated with him he didn't just try to run off. He actually wanted to know more about her, and it was all on his own. No hypnosis by her. And with that, she gave him immortality and fell in love. He remained in his human state, only having immortality, but he needed someone to take over the company. Taeyeon bore Taemin first, he was to inherit the company. But no one suspected he would also be immortal, the chances were 50/50.

When Taemin was born, his parents fell in love with him. Discovering his powers became a game, they first discovered the telekinesis. When he would cry, he would lift his mother and bring her to his side. Soon after they discovered his mindreading, when they'd think to themselves what they've done wrong for a baby to cry so much, he'd instantly stop crying. Finally when he was 10 years old, he sang a beautiful tune that brought many girls and boys to him. 

Two years after Taemin was born, Taeyeon had given birth to Jongin. Who was born human. Without any powers. At first Jongin resented Taemin for being so amazing like their mother, but when he saw how hurt his older brother was, he took it all back and loved him with every fiber in his being. The two boys were inseperable and were geniuses, and when Taeyeon and Jong Suk had found MVPAcademy, they enrolled their prized possessions. The headmaster even let the boys have the freedom to see each other however many times and whenever they wanted. 

"Ne, but not technically I'm not."

"Well don't you have classes soon? Or your clubs or extra curriculars?"

"Crap, dance!"

Jongin laughed at his brother and waved before heading to his own class.

--

Taemin had returned to his campus and was with his head down, rushing to his class.

"S-sorry I'm late," he bowed and ran to change.

"Yah Taemin, you're one of the best dancers and co-captain of this club. Stop stressing if you come one minute late." Kibum said as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Taemin said quietly after pulling on some sweats. 

"Sure, sure. Anyway, everyone else here? Good. Let's get started. Taemin will show you the first half of the routine--"

"And she was like Hyoyeon you can't even dance so I was like--"

"Bro but did you get it in last night--"

"Haha! Man that must , what--"

"Guys please stop talking--" Kibum was cut off by the loud chatter within the room.

Taemin lifted his hands, lifting the lockers and slammed them down causing everyone to shut up.

"Thanks Taem. As I was saying, Taemin will show you the first half, and I the second."

After a few hours of dancing, Taemin decided it was time to wrap it up and clapped his hands. Everyone packed up but Taemin was the second to leave right after Kibum. He rushed to the door, where three girls blocked his path.

"Where ya goin' cap?" Hyoyeon said with her arms crossed.

"Why were you avoiding Minho oppa today? That was pretty rude," Yuri continued with an annoyed glare on her face.

"Why is he even co-captain? He's too damn quiet!" Jessica added.

Taemin just kept his head down, holding back his tears. Jessica pushed him back. 

"Jess, he's still a siren, he can screech and kill us all with one note." Hyoyeon said with a bit of worry.

"Oh please, you think this little punk will do anything? No. He's too chicken." Jessica continued to push him back, until he finally tripped on his own feet and fell on his .

"I'm s-sorry, d-did I do something wrong?" Taemin said, voice quivering.

Suddenly Taemin was having a vision. His eyes changed into a yellow, golden color, his body shook, and everyone who was left in the room knew he was seeing someting. Taemin saw Yuri, getting pushed into a wall, slammed so hard she broke through two walls, but unfortunately stopped when a metal pipe pierced through her stomach, ending her superhuman life.

Taemin couldn't help but tear up as soon as the vision ended. Even though this girl tortured him, his visions of someone's death never ceased to make him cry.

The three girls took a step back in fear, they knew he saw death.

"Tae-Taemin w-what did you see?" Yuri said, scared of what she would hear.

"N-nothing noona, don't worry okay, I'll make sure it doesn't happen...." Taemin said softly, picking his stuff up off the ground.

"Taemin make sure what doesn't happen?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I-I saw noona get pushed by some feminine hand so hard, she went through 2 walls and was pierced in the stomach by a pipe."

Yuri's face lost color and the two girls beside her trembled in fear. 

"But don't worry, m-my visions can always be changed. Th-they aren't 100% permanent." Taemin smiled weakly and left the dance room.

--

Taemin was wandering around the school's empty courtyard to clear his thoughts. He walked for an hour before turning to see someone on the practice field.

A tall man with a nice muscley build. The man seemed to be transforming into different types of animals and absorbing people's powers.

"Mimicry..." Taemin said to himself as he saw the man with a serious face turn to face Taemin and smirk. The man raised his hand directly aimed to where Taemin was and closed his eyes. Within the next second, the man spread his arms to his sides and lifted the trees before placing them back down. Taemin blinked and then the man was in front on him, looking down and smiling.

"Hello~" the man sang.

 

--

Hello, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter...

It's kind of---- everywhere. Hehe ^^;;
Well I really wanted some more OnTae in my life so here is some...
Hmm, well any comments on anything I should improve?