Wednesday night vlog

Vlog

"Welcome to Wednesday night," Leeteuk smiled at the laptop camera and relaxed back in his chair. "I'm really tired tonight, so this might be short."

Leeteuk in a breath and puffed his cheeks. "A lot happened today. Ever since Heechul heard the nickname Leeteuk, I seem relevant again. I caught him looking at me a few times at lunch. Which was actually pretty hard to do because not only was Heechul far away, Donghae was showing me all these dance moves.” Leeteuk chuckled. “That’s partly why I’m so tired tonight.

“Off Heechul topic, Donghae’s found all the dance kids with the help of Sora and they’re thinking of starting a club. They asked me to join, but dancing isn’t really a top priority of mine.” Leeteuk chuckled. “Plus I’m really weak compared to them. But there’s this kid that’s a dancer. I’ve seen him around before but figured he was just one of Sora’s drama geeks. Turns out he’s a really amazing dancer, better than Donghae and Donghae’s the best I’d seen. He calls himself Eunhyuk and nicknames are obviously good enough for me.” Leeteuk smiled. “But he and Donghae get along well, I might just have friend competition.”

Leeteuk stretched back with a yawn. “Who would have guessed dancing would make me feel beat up?” He smiled and looked to the side, thinking.

“Oh yeah, back to Heechul. So during our last two classes I couldn’t stop looking over at him. We caught eyes before I sat down, but I couldn’t hold his glance.” He swallowed. “I don’t know, something about him today felt so intense. I used to hate when he was like that, because he’d never tell me what he was thinking about. Well, I guess Kangin isn’t any more special than I was when it comes to Heechul’s inner thoughts, because he wasn’t talking to him either.

“I could hear pieces of their conversation. It sounded like Heechul needed to be out of the house. Probably something because of his dad’s work. Heechul used to get silent when his dad was busy.” Leeteuk sighed and couldn’t help a soft smile that grew as he spoke. “But Heechul was drawing something. He must not have liked it because he tossed the drawing. It didn’t make the garbage and I picked it up secretly after class.”

Leeteuk was almost grinning as he pulled a crumpled paper from his pocket and unfolded it in front of the camera. “It’s Heecat and Leeteuk.” He moved the paper back down so his face was visible again. “It’s just how I remember from when Heechul first gave me the nickname. It means he’s remembering too. It means Heechul is at least thinking about me. And just maybe I’ll have a chance to talk to him. To really understand why he just left me behind. If I could at least talk to him about it, even if we can’t be friends anymore, I could get some closure and know I need to move on. Maybe I can stop being so sad.” Leeteuk sighed.

“He did crumple it up and throw it away though. So maybe I don’t have a chance at all. But I can tell you I’m excited to find out. I hope it’s good news.” He was quiet as he looked at the drawings with a smile on his face. “However it turns out, I’ll be here to let you know about it, for sure.”

Still smiling his calm smile to himself, Leeteuk waved and turned off the recording. He sent a quick email to his sister to update her on what was happening with Heechul and Donghae. Leeteuk knew she’d give him some advice too and he wanted her opinion before he did anything about Heechul.

Setting his pilfered drawing in a safe place within his drawer, Leeteuk crawled into bed. He had a hard time getting to sleep as he imagined all the good things that might happen if he could finally talk to Heechul again.