Home

Vlog

Heechul wanted another horror movie as they got to the theatre, but he knew Leeteuk wouldn’t go for that again. He watched Leeteuk trying to make a decision and chuckled. Heechul could only imagine that Leeteuk was thinking to see the cheesy romance movies or the intense thriller type. So when he picked a sci-fi film, it came as a shock.

“Really?”

“Problem?” Leeteuk chuckled. They were still holding hands and Leeteuk pulled him into the theatre to buy their tickets.

“I didn’t think it’d be your kind of thing is all.” Heechul smiled. He paid for their tickets and brought them toward the concessions stand. “What sweet things this time?”

“Just popcorn and a drink?” Leeteuk asked, letting Heechul’s hand go to look at the bottled drinks.

While Heechul would rather spend his time staring at Leeteuk, he moved to order popcorn from the guy at the counter. Coming together again, they walked to their auditorium and found seats near the top and to the left. Heechul pulled his legs up in the seat and squished the popcorn container next to him so Leeteuk could take some whenever.

“Are you excited for this dance thing?” Heechul asked.

“Honestly? No. I know Sora and Donghae will force me to dance and I don’t really want to. It’s not anywhere near one of my favorite things to do.”

Heechul chuckled and grabbed a handful of popcorn. “But you’re going anyway?”

“You are too aren’t you?”

“I’ll go. I’ll keep you company while you chicken out.” Heechul grinned at him.

Leeteuk glared playfully. “Hey, whatever happened to Sohee and Jessica?”

Heechul was quiet for a second, thinking of how to word his answer. “I don’t know. They just got sick and they’re not at school anymore. Kangin hasn’t heard anything about them either.”

Leeteuk seemed to accept his answer and Heechul relaxed a little. He knew the truth, but he couldn’t tell Leeteuk. Things could still work out in their favor and it wasn’t a good idea to start a panic.

“Have you noticed that a lot of kids are getting sick recently?” Leeteuk asked.

Heechul’s heart sped up and he looked at Leeteuk, reaching for more popcorn. “No, not really.”

Leeteuk chuckled. “You really don’t notice anything but yourself do you?”

Heechul stuck out his tongue and tossed a couple pieces of popcorn at him.

“I just hope it’s not something like chicken pox or mono.” Leeteuk frowned.

Shrugging, Heechul got quiet as the theatre dimmed and the trailers started. “Don’t worry about it, you’ll be safe.” Heechul whispered with a smile.

No matter what happened, Heechul would keep Leeteuk safe. He’d been doing it for most of his life, it was part of the reason he’d left Leeteuk when he had. Heechul felt a responsibility to his friend that ran deeper than blood.

Leeteuk took the popcorn container and ate a handful and Heechul smiled, watching him instead of the movie. He wondered what attracted him to Leeteuk sometimes. They had more differences than similarities but where they were different they complimented the other in the best ways. Leeteuk could be so uptight and tidy whereas Heechul was a relaxed, let things happen as they may kind of person. Leeteuk had taught him how to straighten himself up and Heechul and lent his laid back calm to Leeteuk. They both had senses of adventure and the ability to find humor in their own actions and the world around them. Heechul’s thoughts were cut short as Leeteuk noticed him watching him. He smiled and reached for a handful of popcorn before looking back at the movie.

Leeteuk leaned closer as the movie got more intense. Heechul smiled and offered him a shoulder, Leeteuk gladly accepted, taking up their former position on the bench, leaning against each other. Leeteuk’s shoulders were easier access for Heechul and he wrapped his arm around them. This was closer touch than friendship, the beating of Heechul’s heart confirmed that, but Leeteuk hadn’t made a move to stop him.

Heechul was finding it a lot harder to pay attention to the movie now with Leeteuk’s cheek against his shoulder. He wanted so badly to pet his hair or even steal a kiss. Sure that Leeteuk could hear his heartbeat, Heechul tried to pull his attention back to the movie and evened out his breathing.

Eventually getting himself under control, Heechul relaxed with Leeteuk through the rest of the movie. He could have closed his eyes and gone to sleep like that but he had to get Leeteuk home eventually.

Leeteuk leaned away when it was over and stretched, smiling at Heechul. “I liked that movie.”

Nodding and stretching, Heechul smiled. “Do you have a way home?”

“My mom will come. Want to be rid of me already?” Leeteuk smirked.

“Yah, no. I just don’t need you in trouble because of me.”

Heechul stood up and checked the time on his phone. He wanted to keep Leeteuk all to himself, but it was getting late.

Leeteuk tugged his bag onto his back as he stood up. “I’ll call her now.” He smiled. “Thanks for hanging out with me.”

“Thanks for the company.” Heechul smiled and pushed his shoulder gently before leading the way out. “And don’t think I’m done with you yet. Unless you have plans for tomorrow, I’m probably going to steal you again.”

Leeteuk laughed. “You’re welcome to kidnap me, but I think Donghae and Sora wanted to meet up. I’ll text and see tomorrow.”

Heechul nodded and stood close to Leeteuk, waiting for his mom. It was getting colder as autumn took over for summer. A hoodie didn’t feel warm enough anymore.

As Leeteuk’s mom drove up, Heechul was surprised to get a tight hug from him. He smiled and squeezed back. Leeteuk didn’t stop there. Taking Heechul’s hand he tugged him over to the car.

“Look eomma.” Leeteuk said happily.

“Heechul-ssi?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Yeah, it’s me eomma.” Heechul waved and smiled.

“I’m glad you’re back together with Jungsu. We missed seeing you stop by. Come by again soon.”

Grinning, Heechul nodded, “Yes eomma. I need more Park-ssi-jjigae.”

Leeteuk’s mom laughed. “Do you need a ride home?”

“Ah, no. My appa’s keeping me out of the house tonight.” Heechul smiled.

“Do you want to come home with us?”

Heechul thought about it, glancing at Leeteuk. “Is that okay with Park-appa?”

“Don’t you worry about him. It’s cold out and I’m not letting you stay in it.” Mrs. Park assured.

“Yeah, I’ll come.” Heechul slid into the backseat of the car.

Leeteuk grinned and got in the front seat, he was nearly jumping out of his skin in excitement.