Actions and Inactions

Vlog

Leeteuk his webcam and waved solemnly. He sighed as he leaned back in his chair. The smiles were gone and a dark look had taken over around his eyes. “Things are weird.” He said softly. “Inyoung noona’s home, so yeah, I’m a little happy about that. But Sohee and Jessica are back in classes. They’re acting like nothing happened. Not like they don’t remember being sick, but that it was nothing. Out for a week, is nothing?” Leeteuk shrugged.

“I’m probably just paranoid about everything, because now Heechul’s gone. I haven’t seen him since Saturday morning and it’s Tuesday night. He’s not returning texts, he’s not answering phone calls. I can only think that I did something wrong. But how could I have done something? We were so happy.” Leeteuk frowned and looked close to tears.

“He was short with me the last text he gave. Maybe I came on too strong with wanting to be close again?” Leeteuk shook his head. “I can’t even do this right now.” He turned off the recording and dived from his desk chair right into bed, covering himself up.

Curled up with his legs against his chest, Leeteuk held his phone out in front of him and debated texting Heechul again. It was probably just something with his dad again, but Heechul had promised he wouldn’t do something like this again. He’d promised. Leaving his phone on his bed, he started shaking with silent tears, hiding his face against his pillow.

Why did I even get my hopes up? He thought. Why did I bother trying to get close to him again? I should have kept my guard up; I shouldn’t have even let him talk to me. Leeteuk wiped his face as a tendril of thought pressured him. Good thing you didn’t tell him you love him. Sighing as he thought then about how much he did love Heechul, Leeteuk started crying again.

He wished he could talk to someone about it, but who could he tell. Donghae had guessed it, but Leeteuk was sure he wouldn’t want to hear details. While Leeteuk knew he could talk to his sister, Inyoung was out with his mom doing girl things. He hadn’t even told her the whole truth that he wanted Heechul, wanted him fully and forever. They wouldn’t understand how he felt, hell he didn’t even understand how he felt. And people who listened to him only ever wanted to give him advice instead of just listen.

Calming himself out of his tears, Leeteuk took a shaky breath and wiped his eyes. He should eat something, he should check on his dad, he should do a lot of things, but all he wanted to do was sit and stare at his phone. He fell asleep wishing for a text.

A knock on his door a little later woke him from his fitful dreams. Leeteuk got up to answer and saw Inyoung. She held up a bag of food containers.

“Mom and I brought you some mandu and ddeokbokki. Do you want it now or in the fridge?”

“I’ll take it,” Leeteuk said softly as he took the food. “Thanks.”

“Yeah. Eat well and get some sleep okay?” Inyoung asked.

Her worry was clear to Leeteuk so he tried a happy smile for her sake. “I will. Let’s do something tomorrow night maybe?”

“Anything.” Inyoung nodded and left him be.

Leeteuk relocked his door and went to sit on his bed, opening up the food and picking at it. The ddeok just reminded him of Heechul, but he wouldn’t let himself cry anymore. Not tonight. With a mouthful of ddeok, Leeteuk heard his phone. Swallowing slowly, he picked it up, he’d been expecting Donghae, but it was an unknown number. Curiosity took over his good sense and he answered it.

 

“Leeteuk?” Heechul said from the other line. “You remember what I told you?”

Leeteuk almost gave in and let his feelings for Heechul come out, but he suddenly, hotly, remembered how angry he was. “That you wouldn’t do this again?”

Heechul was quiet for a moment and Leeteuk could hear talking around him that died down before he spoke again. “This is important, I don’t have long. You need to be careful. You need to stay away from anyone that looks sick. Even your dad.”

“Cut the , Heechul. You can’t pretend your dad is the problem anymore. I don’t want to hear any of this, just, you.”

Heechul’s voice got quiet and pleading. “Please be safe. I promise you, you’ll be okay.”

Leeteuk scoffed. “Your promises mean nothing. I hate you.” He hung up the phone before Heechul could continue and turned it off.

 

Leeteuk let his anger fuel his appetite and continued to eat, the flavors tasted stronger and he sighed in content when he was finished. He was happy he could get some of his anger out at Heechul. He could finally vent at the person who could destroy him with such tiny little actions or inactions.