Feelings confirmed

Vlog

On the drive to Leeteuk’s home, his mom kept Heechul busy with questions about his schooling, appetite and overall health. She asked about Heechul’s father’s work and how he was doing too. Heechul answered all of her questions without hesitation and Leeteuk felt like this was just another day with them, back together again. His mom always had checked on everything with Heechul as if he were her own son. Leeteuk figured it was because Heechul’s own mother had passed away early in his life.

His mom parked outside their house and everyone unloaded onto the driveway.

“Dinner is already waiting,” Park eomma said.

Heechul grinned and walked up to the front door first, stepping inside to get his shoes off. He was looking forward to eating home cooked food from his second mom. Everything was the same, he realized as he walked through the entryway toward the kitchen. The same clean smell, the warm floorboards under his feet, even the decorations, simple and elegant, hadn’t changed. This was home, more than his own. Leeteuk passed his shoulder and they smiled at each other. His mom stepped around them, getting bowls and plates.

Dinner was sundubu jjigae with several different pickled banchan. Even when he was full, Heechul found room for more of Park eomma’s food. Leeteuk was laughing at him by his third helping. The noise in the kitchen brought out Leeteuk’s dad. He didn’t look angry at the company, but he did look pale and sick, not to mention the splitting image of Leeteuk. Heechul greeted him formally and he said hello and welcome in return, but quickly favored sleep over company and left them to eat with a pleasant farewell.

Leeteuk could hit his father sometimes. Nice and neat to company, total jerk to him. At least their hadn’t been a violent scene. He sighed and finished his food, getting up to help his mom clean up. She refused the help and sent her boys to bed.

“And sleep. I don’t want to hear a loud party coming from your room Jungsu.”

Leeteuk laughed. “Jealous you wouldn’t be invited?” He teased his mom.

She waved her hand at him and Heechul wished her a good night before following Leeteuk into his room.

“You want to borrow some clothes to sleep in?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yeah, if you don’t mind.”

Leeteuk smiled and got into his dresser for a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt for both of them. Heechul took the chance to look around his small room. It hadn’t changed much either, except a few posters had been taken down and there were less things that made it feel like his old friend.

“How long has your dad been sick?” Heechul asked absently, sitting in Leeteuk’s desk chair.

“Just a couple days,” Leeteuk said. It may have been more, but Leeteuk didn’t exactly make a habit of keeping track of his dad. He handed over the clothes he’d picked for Heechul and bowed out to go change in the bathroom.

Heechul changed while he was gone chuckling at the image on the t-shirt he’d been given. Digital Pocket Monsters. Someone might think the shirt was from when Leeteuk was little, but Heechul knew better, probably a year or two old at the most. Heechul still had a sizeable trading card collection in his closet, he played it off as if they’d be worth money someday but in honesty they were his memories of good times.

Leeteuk was taking a while in the bathroom so Heechul kept himself busy by turning on his laptop. He frowned for a second, looking at the recording program that was still up. Giving in to temptation, he played the most recent video. A slow smile came to his face as he listened to Leeteuk talking about Kangin. His heart jumped when Leeteuk said he was in love with him, even though he’d qualified it after as brother love; Heechul couldn’t help feeling he wasn’t alone in having romantic thoughts about his best friend. Heechul turned off the video, and set the computer back to sleep, he didn’t want to break Leeteuk’s trust so early in their new beginning.

Leeteuk came back a moment later to find Heechul sitting on his bed with his eyes closed. He wondered if he was asleep already as he shifted the comforter he was carrying in his arms. Closing his door behind him, Leeteuk locked it out of habit and went to set up the bedding on the floor. Sitting back when he was finished, Leeteuk looked up to see Heechul smiling at him.

“Are you sleeping on the floor?” Heechul teased.

“No, but you are.” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Oh, you want to sleep with me?” Heechul chuckled. He was really tired from the warm food and the comfortable smells all around him. He felt silly and cuddly because of it, almost like he was drunk on tiredness.

“Yah,” Leeteuk laughed and shoved Heechul’s shoulder.

“Come on,” Heechul begged softly, tugging at his arm. “It’ll be warmer together.”

Leeteuk debated his options and Heechul knew he’d won. He let go of his arm and moved on his bed to make room for Leeteuk. “Bring the other blanket too.”

Leeteuk wasn’t sure if he liked this idea or not as he smoothed the blanket over his own. He and Heechul had slept in the same room together, sure. They’d usually been on the floor and nowhere near cuddling. Leeteuk wasn’t sure he could control himself with how badly his fantasies and dreams had been plaguing him. But he knew Heechul wasn’t going to give up, so he did and slid into bed beside him, blushing and nervous.

Heechul curled up on his side, facing Leeteuk. He nuzzled his pillow and kept a few inches between them, feeling how nervous Leeteuk was. “I’m not going to do anything to you,” Heechul whispered.

Leeteuk glanced at him and tried to chuckle off his nerves but only succeeded in sounding more nervous. “I know. It’s just been a while since we were this close, for this long, alone.”

Heechul smiled as he started to drift off, despite wanting to stay awake with Leeteuk. “I promise, I won’t touch you.”

Leeteuk listened to his breathing and turned to face Heechul when he was sure he was asleep. “I know,” he whispered. “But I don’t want you to promise that.” Knowing that Heechul was a light sleeper, Leeteuk resisted the urge to push his hair off his forehead. He moved a little closer, almost close enough to breathe the same air and closed his eyes.

Heechul hadn’t been fully asleep when Leeteuk had whispered to him. During the night he pulled him into his arms and against his chest; nuzzling his hair, Heechul fell back to sleep.