Tuesday night vlog

Vlog

“Hey there,” Leeteuk said with a wave to his webcam. “Just a quick update ‘cause I have to sleep soon.” Leeteuk smiled, his black hoodie was back in place with his dark room as backdrop. “Do I look happier? I feel a little happier. I made an out of myself at school, no thanks to the popular jerks, but I think I managed to make a friend. The new guy Donghae. He gave me his number after school and I texted him already. We’re going to have dinner tomorrow night, just go and hang out.

“It’s been so long since I left the house with anyone other than family. I’m kind of scared to go, but I know everyone will just tell me that it’d be good for me.” Leeteuk paused, smiling again. “Sorry for all the rambling, I’m just excited that someone asked me to hang out. Since Heechul left I haven’t had anyone to even talk to. But this Donghae guy, he seems like a really good person. I mean, who would pick to hang out with the nerds if you had your choice of the whole school?”

Leeteuk looked away. After a pause he shook his head in astonishment, smiling. “I mean, that’s exactly how Heechul was. I was being picked on in primary school and he just jumped in and told them to leave me alone.

“That reminds me, Heechul was there today. He pulled me out of the way of a punch. I can still feel where his hands touched me. It just reminded me of better times you know? When he used to give free hugs, when he used to be there when I needed someone. Maybe I was just too clingy and it got to him after a while?”

Leeteuk rubbed his nose and sighed. “I guess if Donghae’s a lot like Heechul I should be extra careful. More potential for him to turn out the same way Heechul did. Donghae might get annoyed with me too and just leave.”

He was quiet for a while, picking at his hoodie as he looked down at the keyboard. “Anyway, I know I’m nothing great, but Donghae doesn’t seem to care, so I’m going to go and try to be a normal kid with him. I have a feeling he can help me forget Heechul. Maybe he’ll be what Heechul’s popular people are for him, someone to help him ignore that he had a different life once.”

Leeteuk shrugged and swallowed, glancing up at the camera. “Heechul knows I go by Leeteuk now. I guess it was only a matter of time.” He smiled and shrugged. “I doubt he even remembers anyway.

“But, I should sleep now, I’ll have a long day tomorrow and then maybe some fun after. Thanks for listening, even though I’ll probably never share these videos with anyone.” Leeteuk smiled and waved to the camera before stopping the recording.