Another Whisper In The Wind

I'll Always Be Here

No One’s POV

 

A ray of sunlight peeks through the blinds and cast a small light over the members of Girl’s Generation. The girl with the eyesmile roles over and buries her head back into the pillow. She reaches over to her nightstand and takes hold of her phone. She presses the unlock button and her eyes widen in surprise.

16 missed calls from manager oppa… Hyoyeon!

She quickly presses the manager’s speed dial button and clasps the phone tightly to her ear.

She hears a click from the other side and immediately burst out,” Manager oppa!”

“Thank god one of you girls finally picked up! Get everyone over here ASAP!”
“But manager..”

“Now Tiffany!”

She immediately jumps out of her bed, flinging her phone and covers to the ground below.

“Everyone get up now! Something’s wrong with Hyoyeon!” She runs through the corridor of the dorm and bangs on each door.

“Get up! Get up! Get up!”

“Tiffany what the…” Sunny walks out of her and Taeyeon’s room, rubbing her eyes groggily.

“Sunny get in the car! Manager oppa says we need to get to the hospital now!”

The girl’s expression drops and she rushes to wake the others as well.

As usual Jessica Jung doesn’t wake up, even through this commotion. The six girls rush into her room and pounce on her bed.

“Jessica Jung wake up Hyoyeon needs us!”

“Hyoyeon?!” The lazy girl jumps out of her bed and runs, I repeat runs, to the car.

Yuri jumps into the drivers seat and speeds toward the hospital.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Why are there so many reporters? God please let us through.

We quickly push through the crowd of reporters. Normally they are just a nuisance but today they really do need to leave. Can’t they see we need to get inside?

We finally manage to push through the reporters and make our way inside the crowded hospital. Jessica is leading the girls in a sprint to the floor we were at just hours ago.

“Manager?” We burst through the doors to find him and Taeyeon in a tight embrace.

Taeyeon is sobbing violently and manager is trying his best to calm her down without crying himself.

He gives us one glance, just one, but that one glance is filled with grief, despair, anger, and hopelessness.

I don’t feel my knees hit the floor. I don’t feel the pain in my hands from beating the floor. All I can feel is the pain in my heart.

Why do you do this God?

Why did you give us hope?

Why do you take everything away from us?

Haven’t we suffered enough?

 

No One’s POV

 

Jessica runs at the stunned manager. She pushes Taeyeon aside as if she were just a stranger. She then grabs the manager by the collar and gives him the most pained glance he’s ever seen.

“You all said she was going to be fine! You said she could make it! That she had a chance! Why the did you lie to me?! Why did you give me any hope at all?!”

“Jessica I…”
“Shut your god damn mouth! The only words I’ve heard from that thing are lies! Don’t you ever say another ing word to me!” She pushes him forcefully in the chest and turns to face Taeyeon.

She is immediately greeted by a slap to the face from the kid leader.

“How dare you be so hurtful to him! Do you think he isn’t hurting just as much as us?! Hyoyeon was like his child damn it! Did you think he didn’t want to believe she was okay? Did you think he knew the words he told you in confidence were lies? She’s gone okay! Hurting other people isn’t going to bring her back!” She turns and walks away from the ice princess to calm herself down.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

Hyoyeon, why are you making me lie to them like this?

Why can’t I just tell them the truth?

Even if it hurts they would understand.

Why must you carry all this burden?

No matter what it takes Hyoyeon, I’ll fix things. Even if they can't be fixed, I'll try.

“I promise.”

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

Unnie, is it true? You’re gone.

But last night they said… we’re those just lies? Did you want us to have one more night of peace before you left us?

Why unnie?

We were supposed to be celebrating your birth, not mourning your death.

Why did this happen unnie?

Who is going to be my favorite unnie, my roommate, the reason for my smiles? Who is going to cook and clean and protect us like a mother?

You’re not really gone right?

They’re just lying… this is some kind of joke right?

“Tell me this is some kind of joke!”

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I watch Tiffany drop and hear the maknae's outburst but I don’t reach out to comfort them.

How can I comfort them when my heart is in so much turmoil?

Hyoyeon you aren’t dead.

You can’t be because the Hyoyeon I know wouldn’t break a promise.

You promised that we would dance together on stage. Not in a competition or with a bunch of other members or SM artist on stage. Just us. The two best dancers in SNSD. Becoming one with the music and letting out our pent up frustrations.

You would never speak seriously with me when I had a problem. Instead you would say, “Yuri, let’s dance.” And as silly as it seems dancing with you made me feel better. Even though my moves aren’t as fluid and the music and I aren’t quite as friendly as you two I felt like you solved my problems. 

If you’re gone, who’s going to dance with the music?

Who’s going to make me feel alright again?

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

No. They’re wrong. You’re just messing with us. That’s something you’d do right? Fake your own death and then pop up out of nowhere to surprise us.

Who am I kidding? You would never do something like that.

But can’t I at least believe that?

Just for a second, can’t I believe this isn’t reality?

Can’t I believe that tonight you’re coming home?

That even with all your injuries you’re going to hobble into the kitchen and make something delicious for making us worry? Making an extra serving for Yoona and I because you know us so well. Some sweet potatoes for the maknae. Maybe some cucumbers to mess with your girlfriend and then a kiss for her so that she won’t turn into HellSica and kill us all. Now that’s something you’d do.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Hyoyeon, aren’t you supposed to be the tough one?

As a dancer you’ve broken bones, you’ve gotten cut, you’ve been bruised.

So how could you die now?

How could you leave us like this?
“I hate you Hyoyeon…”

I love you Hyoyeon.

 

Sunny’s POV

 

Hyoyeon, we were supposed to go out to eat with the Invincible Youth girls for your birthday. Should I tell them you’re going to be a little late? Should I invite them to your funeral instead?

What about your partner from Dancing With The Stars? He was supposed to come too.

And the members of Super Junior and Shinee. Min, Kwang Hee, and Nicole. They were all looking forward to seeing you. That’s too bad.

I guess my thoughts have gotten pretty morbid. But without you it’s hard to think of anything happy.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

…………………………………………

 

No One’s POV

 

Behind the glass window of a certain room a certain person in a dark hood sits in a wheelchair. This person is looking out the tinted glass at the eight girls losing their minds in the waiting room. This mysterious figure presses their hand to the glass but quickly pulls it away and turns their chair back to face the nurse who brought them here. Their hearbeat begins to beat erratically and they grip their chest to ease the pain. The nurse slips them two pills and the person gladly accepts. They turn to look one more time before allowing the nurse to wheel them back to their private room, since they’re incapable of doing it themselves.

I chose this. I won’t live with any regrets. Jessica, I’m sorry, but it’s the only way you can be happy. The only way any of you can ever be happy again. Let me be just another memory, another whisper in the wind.

I'm so sorry that it literally take me like 50 chapters to get anything done in this fic. Dear god it's like a soap opera. But I assure you it all has a point. I want this to be a long heart wrenching, tear bringing, heart warming fanfic so be in for the long haul please. In the next chapter you'll find out what exactly happened that night from what happened to Hyoyeon to the conversation Taeyeon overheard and we'll just go day by day from there. I promise your HyoSica feels will be met. Until next time subscribe, fantasize, romanticize, criticize, and love SNSD. Your happiness is my #1 priority ~Love AFTERSNSD