Promise Me

I'll Always Be Here

Jessica's POV

 

Once I see Hyobaby run towards the snow I know there's going to be trouble.

"Hyo! I thought you said we were running late!" I gry to pull her out since everyone is waiting but those dancer's muscles overpower me and I'm dragged into the snow.

"Hyooooooo!" I whine for her attention but secretly I'm glad she did it.

I just wish it wasn't so cold.

Pabo, why didn't I bring a jacket?

As if she read my mind Hyobaby begins to take off her jacket and a smile forms across my face.

As she's about to put it on me that troll face I've come to despise creeps its way into the romantic scene.

"Hyoyeonnie, why do you have that look on your face?"

She answers the question by wrapping the jacket around my back and forcefully pulling me forward. I feel her lips crash onto mine and we intensify the moment.

Okay. I think I like this kind of prank.

My heart beats rapidly and any cold is forced away by the flourish of red that takes over my face.

"I don't care how late we are. How could I miss the chance to play in the first snow with my first love?"

Her hot breath tickles my ear and sends a shiver through my body.

"The first snow?" I ask.

My first thought is of Tiffany. Looks like I just broke the cycle but I'm glad I did. I want the first snow to be another symbol of our love for each other.

"Do you know what that means Hyo?"

She shakes her head goofily and I giggle at how cute she is. 

Whoever says she doesn't have any aegyo is dead wrong.

"It means we are meant to be together forever." I squeal with my infamous dolphin scream.

I'm just so excited. In fact I'm so excited I initiate the kiss for once.

I see her face light up and I smile at my success.

"But haven't you seen the first snow with Tiffany a bunch of times?" She pouts childishely but I can tell she really is upset.

I'm one of the only people that can tell when she's hiding something.

Why do you hide things from me Hyo? I want you to tell me everything. I want to be the person you can cry on when you're feeling weak. Don't hide behind that smile hyeonnie, not around me.

Are you upset that Jeti is so popular even though our relationship is real? But it's you I love Hyoyeon. Don't you know that?

"Silly Hyo. That legend is meant for lovers only."

She grins my favorite v-shaped smile and I melt.

How you do this to me is something a million people would like to know.

"Oh so I'm your lover?"

"My one and only." 

And I mean that.

We get up from the snow and I see her shiver from the cold.

Why couldn't I bring a jacket? My poor baby.

She glances at her watch and her eyes grow wide with fear.

Pabo, you're running late for your own party.

"Oh ! We are so late! Tae is going to kill us," she shouts and I stifle my laughter.

She grabs my arm but I repeat my familiar mantra.

"A Jung never runs Hyo."

"Get on," she crouches to the ground and I clap madly from excitement.

I immediately jump on before she can change her mind.

She walk really fast so I try to enjoy the time while I can.

I bury my head in her golden hair and take in her scent.

She always smells like laundry. My little homemaker.

I can't believe she's doing this.

I always ask her to give me a piggy back ride but she refuses. In face she literally does everything I ask except for this. It's probably because of what happened at Music Bank. I think she doesn't trust herself enough and she's scared she'll hurt me. She almost cried after last time and I didn't even really fall.

My caring Hyobaby.

I see the restaurant across the street and I smile like an idiot.

Almost there.

The wind blows a lock of her honey hair on my face and I start to play with it. There's a ton of snow caught in it.

When did it get this heavy?

I hear her say something to me but I can't hear her over this strange noise.

Suddenly my body is thrown to the sidewalk. My ribs cry out in pain an I let out a sigh.

It's Music Bank all over again.

How could a girl with all that muscle drop me?

"Hyo?"

Did she fall too?

"Hyo?"

I see something a few yards away and a realization hits me.

"Hyoooooo!"

 

No One's POV

 

Jessica runs towards the body lying face down in the snow. She turns it over and vomits in the snow at the site of her girlfriend.

"Jessie!" Tiffany runs outside towards her.

"Tiff! I Hyoyeon she and truck and..." Jessica latches onto Tiffany and buries her head in the crook of the girl's neck. Her body racks violently with sobs and she continues to scream incoherently as the other members gather around Hyoyeon.

"Yuri call 911!" Taeyeon commands.

"Hyo," Sunny taps her bloodied cheek softly. "Wake up Hyo this isn't funny!" She shouts.

Taeyeon take off her jacket and forces it against Hyoyeon's chest to stop the bleeding.

"There's so much blood..." Seohyun whispers.

"What's that sticking out of her leg?" Sooyoung and Yoona bend down to examine it.

"Oh my god it's her bone!"

The jagged piece of bone protrudes from her shin and bleeds more crimson onto the snow. There's also something pushing against her shirt but no one is brave enough to check.

Taeyeon and her jacket are now both soaked in the dancer's blood but she's still loosing too much of it.

"Hyoyeon!" Jessica screams and tries to rush towards her lover but Tiffany stops her.

There are already so many things she'll never be able to unsee already.

"Uaghhhh!" 

Hyoyeon's body shakes violently and the girls have to hold her down so she won't hurt herself. She groans loudly and vomits blood all over the sidewalk.

"Just hold on Hyo!" Yoona calls.

"Where is that ambulance?" Yuri asks.

As if on cue the ambulance comes through the snow and parks near us. The men take Hyoyeon on a stretcher and bring her into the ambulance. Taeyeon climbs into the ambulance with them and tells the others to meet her at the hospital.

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I watch helplessly as the men stick tubes, needles, and other strange things into the choding.

"We're not getting a pulse!" One shouts as the other readies the defibrilator.

"Clear!" They slam it into her chest and the dancer's body jumps from the shock.

Hyo... Don't do this. You're stronger than this. Are you really going to just let go? What about all those years of training? What about SNSD and Jessica? Are you just going to leave us all behind?! 

Wake up dammit! Stop faking it! You are faking it aren't you?

I start to sob uncontrollably and distract the paramedics from their work.

I pull myself together and cry silently.

The ambulance finally comes to a stop and in an instant we're running to the operating room.

"Stop!" Hyoyeon whispers.

She's awake?

"She shouldn't be able to talk right now. Miss we need to operate now," they explain.

"Just give me a second. Who's here?"

"What is it Hyo?"

"Tae? Is that you?" The blood is covering her eyes and she's too weak to lift her head.

"It's me Hyo," I intertwine our fingers to reassure her.

She must be so scared right now.

"Tae," she coughs. "I'm not going to come back this time..."

"Hyo don't say that!"

"Shh! Just listen. I'm going to be serious for a second. Promise me you'll tell Seororo that she'll always be unnie's favorite. Tell her I'll miss having her as my little maknae. Make sure Sooyoung doesn't eat too much. She can't maintain that figure forever. Tell Yuri she's the Dancing Queen now. Make sure she represents SNSD well because she has a lot to live up to," she laughs a little and continues.

"Make sure no one punches Sunny. That aegyo will get her in trouble one day. Tell Yoona not to let the antis get to her. She's always been so sensitive to what others say. Tell her that I'll always have her back. Take good care of Tiffany. Don't let her blame God for this. She's already lost so much I don't know what this'll do to her. Keep that beloved eye smile on her face or else you'll dissapoint our Sones. And to you Taengoo, always tell everyone what's on your mind. Leader isn't a synonym for alone. Don't push yourself too hard. Finally tell my Sica that every breath I breathe for her. Even though I'm running out of those it seems. Tell her there wasn't a day since I met her that she didn't make my heart flutter. You know our anniversary is coming up. I was going to give her this but now I want you to dispose of it. It'll only hurt her more. Promise me you'll get rid of it Tae." She points to her pocket and I remove the small box.

"And Tae one more thing." 

"Yes Hyo?" The tears are streaming down my face from the girl's thoughtful words.

"Promise me SNSD won't disband because of this. I know it sounds selfish but I couldn't die knowing I was the end of the nation's girl group. Don't dissapoint our Sones. I promise you'll forget about me in time. Always remember to smile on stage. You've all been through a lot of heartbreak to get where we are. Just think of me as another bump on the road."

"Hyo, go and tell everyone that yourself," I cry. "I'll see you in one hour arasso?"

"Ha ha ha, goodbye my leader. I love you. I love all of you. I promise, even in death, I'll always be here."

A tear escapes from her eyes and her head falls back to the stretcher from exerting herself so much.

"Please help her," I beg the paramedics before they wheel her into the operating room.

I walk into the waiting room and wipe my eyes with a box of tissues on the table.

You're coming back Hyo, whether you like it or not. You promised you'll always be here right? Then you can't break your promise. We all need you. Not just in SNSD but with us. You make us laugh when the antis get us down. You make us smile when the pressure becomes too much. You take the brunt of all the HellSica attacks.

Who else can melt the warm ice that is Jessica Jung? 

You make her happier than she's ever been.

You can't leave Hyo. Not before you give her what's in this box.

 

I flip off the lid and admire the sweet gift.

Where you going to do what I think you were Hyoyeon?

That's more reason than ever to come back. You owe her that.

We need you. I need you. We are forever 9 and I plan on keeping it that way.

 

 

So who literally spent all day looking at the #ItsHYOursDay tweets? Just me? Alright then. So let me know how you feel about this chapter, comment, subscribe, criticize, romanticize, and I'll see you guys again Saturday!