I Hope You Know

I'll Always Be Here

Hyoyeon's POV

"Sica hurry up or we're going to be late," I whine and playfully tug on my girlfriend's arm.

Girlfriend, I never get tired of that word, even after so many years.

"Hyo, after all these years do I still need to repeat myself? A Jung NEVER runs for anything!"

I laugh at my baby's silly motto and the serious look on her face melts into a smile.

I reach out my hand to intertwine with hers and feels something cold fall onto my hand. I mean I know she's called the ice princess but this is freezing. Suddenly more and more drops fall and I realize what's happening.

"Look babe it's snowing!" I run into the nearby park and play around in the freshly fallen snow like the ten year old I am.

"Hyo! I thought you said we were running late!" She grabs my hand to drag me out of the pile but instead of rising with her force I turn it against her and pull her into the winter wonderland.

"Hyooooooo!" She whines as her teeth chatter in protest of her newly found position.

I take off my jacket to warm her but as I'm about to cover her a mischievious idea pops into my head.

"Hyoyoennie, why do you have that look on your face?"

Before che can back away I snake the jacket around her back and pull her into an Eskimo style kiss with the hood keeping the heat of the kiss locked inside.

"I don't care how late we are. How could I miss the chance to play in the first snow with my first love?" I whisper seductively.

"The first snow?"

I nod.

"Do you know what that means Hyo?"

I shake my head goofily and she giggles at my chodingness.

"It means we are meant to be together forever." She squeals with her dolphin pitch and I cover my ears before my brain explodes.

"We really need to learn how to.." before I finish I feel her pull me into a kiss as I had done only moments ago.

My cheeks immediately flame a bright shade of red and my whole body heats up, despite the weather.

I would listen to that terrible screech everyday if she kissed me like that afterwards.

"But haven't you seen the first snow with Tiffany a bunch of times?" I pout and she smiles at me. 

"Silly Hyo. That legend is meant for lovers only."

"Oh, so I'm your lover?" I joke.

"My one and only," we both laugh and finally rise from the now mountainous pile of snow to spare our butts from the sleet we created with our 'heated moments'.

I glance at my watch and a lump forms in my throat.

"Oh ! We are so late! Tae is going to kill us," I panic and attempt to drag  her into a sprint but the ice princess remains as frozen as her name.

"A Jung never runs Hyo."

"Get on," I crouch in the white powder and open up my back for the stubborn girl.

She claps her hands in that strange way of hers and jumps on.

Being the amazinly strong dancer I am we quickly arrive at the corner across from our destinaition without so much as breaking a sweat. Then again it's so cold, especially now that Sica has my jacket, maybe it froze on the way and broke on the sidewalk like tiny droplets of glass on the pavement.

I look up at the crosswalk signal and see the walk symbol flashing white. 

Without bothering to look, in too much of a hurry I guess, I begin crossing the street. I feel Sica's skin grace against mine as she fiddles with my hair. Goosebumps race down my body from her touch but I'm much too focused on getting us there swiftly. I have to keep swatting her hands out of my face so I can see through the snow that's now falling much more quickly and already impairing my vision enough.

"Babe stop. I can't see when you do that."

But she ignores me and continues to mess with me in other ways that are just as impairing.

Suddenly I hear a noise much more horrifying than the blowing wind and soft falling of the dense flakes. I turn to look and my worst fears are realized. Through the snow a massive 18 wheeler is speeding through, going much too fast to stop. It's only feet away from us and my mind is racing. 

I don't hae time to run, but I do have time to turn. I quickly whip around my body and send my girlfriend sprawling onto the frozen street corner.

Sica, my love, I hope you know how much I love you.

A single tear escapes before I feel the numbness of the impact take over my body and I'm sent flying yards away from the scene of the accident. I can't feel the pain yet but I know that this has to be the end when I see the red liquid cover my eyes and turns the pure snow I loved moments ago into the crimson of my death. I try to stand but my head and eyes grow heavy as I drift into darkness. 

"Hyooooo!"