Siete

A Piece Of Me

The last thing I remembered last night was me, sulking in a luxurious hotel room, a bottle of whiskey and a picture in my hand.

 

My head was swirling and the bright rays of the sun wasn’t helping.

 

I’m having them again. Emotions. I shouldn’t. I can’t. I will not tolerate feeling.

 

I groaned, getting up on my elbows. That was when I noticed I wasn’t the only person in the room.

 

“You sure look like a jewel in the morning” A pair of mischievous eyes and smirking lips came into view. Bile rose to my throat.

 

“How did you---“

 

“It’s good to see you too Xu Xian” He smiled. If I was any other dumb girl, I would’ve fallen for him already. Fortunately, I wasn’t. Even with a head splitting hangover, I was clearly sane.

 

“GET.OUT” My vulnerable demeanour changed. I changed back to the cold .

 

“I am afraid I cannot. You see, I own this hotel. I come and go as I please”

 

Kim Himchan stood up from the sofa placed in front of the bed. He straightened his coat and tie as he gave me one good inspection, his eyes undressing me.

 

I could have flushed. I could have yelled. But I didn’t.

 

I AM ICE.

 

“GET.THE..OUT.NOW.” My voice low and dangerous. My body regaining its strength.

 

“Now Xu Xian---“

 

Before he can say more, I swiftly tackled him. He landed on the cold floor with me pinning his arms and legs. He gave a surprised look. He wasn’t expecting this.

 

“GET.OUT.” I repeated as I looked down at him, glaring right into his thick skull.

 

He didn’t answer. He didn’t move. He just stared at me. His eyes bore into my soul. He wasn’t afraid. He wasn’t flinching. His eyes trailed down from my eyes down to my lips. The way he stared made me shiver and when his eyes met mine again, I realized the distance of our lips.

 

I stood up, not giving anything away.

 

“Get out” The only thing I could say. My heart beating loudly.

 

Himchan shuffled to his feet. He diverted his gaze to anything but me.

 

“It’s good to see you” He muttered loud enough for me to hear. Then he walked towards the door, not looking back.

 

As he got out, I ruffled my hair in frustration.

 

“Calm down” I whispered. Inhale. Exhale.

 

It’s the alcohol. It’s the alcohol. It’s not you.

 

 

 

 

I made my way to the receptionist, giving her my credit card.

 

“You’re room is already paid for miss” The girl smiled at me as she gave back my card.

 

“What?!” My eyes widened. “Who paid?!”

 

“Mr. Kim said he wouldn’t charge an old friend”

 

Friend. Funny, he wasn’t my friend.

 

“Where is he?” I asked, cracking my knuckles.

 

“Miss?” The girl asked, shocked at my un-lady like behaviour.

 

“You heard me. Where is Kim Himchan?” My eyes sharpened.

 

“H-he’s in his private suit”

 

“Room number?”

 

“1004” The girl looked horrified.

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t think twice about not knocking. Privacy wasn’t in my dictionary when it came to hunting my targets. I kicked down his door, not minding the terrified looks of both hotel staff and guests alike.

 

There he was, Kim Himchan.

 

His eyes widened as he saw me. Shock registered throughout his body.

 

“Xu Xian!”

 

“FRIEND?!” I closed the distance and gave him a right hook. “WE are not friends. WE are nothing. WE are----“

 

Kim Himchan didn’t let me finish as he pulled me into his arms. His strong arms. He leaned in and kissed me! His mouth covered mine. Yearning and longing and desperation all rolled into one.

 

I pushed him. I pushed him with all my might. I pushed him as I thought of only one thing.

 

KRIS WU

 

I stare at his face coldly.

 

“GET AWAY FROM ME” I say, pulling out a roll of cash from my pocket and throwing it at his feet. “I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN”

 

And I walked out, half of my heart hurting.

 

 

 

 

 

Kris stared at the picture placed on his table.

 

Those brown eyes dull and bored as its attention was anywhere but the camera, that black hair that could rival the colour of charcoal, made into a messy braid, that face that could bring men on their knees and beg for recognition, showed nothing but a hint of a smirk, and those lips. Those pink soft lips.

 

He traced his own lips, remembering the taste of her lips on his.

 

 

 

Ren was by all means, the biggest blurter EVER.

 

“So you haven’t had your first kiss yet?!” Xu Xian asked again when Ren ran out of the house, out of his reach.

 

“SO WHAT?!” I groaned as irritation hit me.

 

They’ve been teasing him since this morning about how inexperienced he was in love.

 

“You’re like what? 16 and never been kissed?” Xu Xian snorted as she opened the door for them.

 

“We’re on the freaking same page and you have the guts to tease me of my inexperience?!” I gave her a look that was meant to scare her but she just shrugged, holding back a chuckle.

 

“You ADMIT you’re INEXPERIENCED!” Xu Xian did something that was so near to a smile. Kris couldn’t believe his eyes, but instead of pointing it out, he thought it was more important to defend his manly pride.

 

“I KNOW HOW TO KISS!”

 

“You don’t”

 

“YES I DO!”

 

“No you don’t”

 

“I DO”

 

Xu Xian gave him that you’re-fighting-a-loosing-war-buddy look. He face palmed himself, letting Xu Xian walk ahead of him as he tried to regain his sanity.

 

“Hey, we’re going to be late if you don’t quit moping---“

 

Kris didn’t know what got into him, his body moved so quickly that he himself was surprised that Xu Xian was now in his arms, shocked by his sudden move. He wasted no time as his eyes met her lips. He bent his head down, mouth on hers. It was supposed to be a peck, fast and sweet. But when their lips touched, it was like magnet. Her lips were soft and wonderful that he couldn’t get enough of her. And she moaned. His mind went blank and his arms s down from her waist to her hips and then nothing else mattered but them. The world could have been on destruction and they still wouldn’t have cared. Yet, the need for oxygen forced them apart.

 

Xu Xian stared at him, wide-eyed. He stared at her, mirroring her own reaction.

 

“Um—“

 

Before he could form a complete sentence, he felt weightless in the air and then his body hit the cold concrete. He felt pain surge on his lower back. A crack on his wrist.

 

“Kiss me again and I WILL KILL YOU” Xu Xian said as she was back to her mode. Eyes turned into ice. But the faint blush on her cheeks made Kris smile a little. So she wasn’t an ice queen after all. She could still feel.

 

Kris could only nod. Hiding his smile.