dos

A Piece Of Me

Kris walked out of the airport while carrying their bags. Yes he was a gentleman. IF he wanted to. 

 

 

"Where is he?" Xu Xian groaned as she walked beside Kris, carrying their handbags. 

 

 

"Relax. He'd be here any moment" Kris smiled. It was the most carefree smile Xu Xian has ever seen.

 

 

"Did you eat something horrid?" 

 

 

"No. Why?"

 

 

"You're smiling. It's weird. Are you drunk?" She asked. Remembering the last time he was drunk. It was a nightmare and she isn't going to talk about it again or he's gonna freak and she herself will vomit.

 

 

"I am not drunk. I'm just admiring the sweet view of your legs" Kris winked as he eyed her lucious legs. The shorts she was wearing wasn't even helping a bit. Although she was emotionless, Kris had to admit that Xu Xian IS the hottest lady he's ever laid eyes on. Especially when she's just finished exercising, sweat covering her body.

 

 

"You're a . I hate you"

 

 

Kris was going to reply when a car stopped in front of them, a handsome face greeted their eyes.

 

 

"Hi Xu Xian!" Luhan smiled at the lady, earning a groan from the girl and a chuckle from Kris.

 

 

"Nice to see you too man" Kris took seat on the front seat while Xu Xian sat quietly on the back. 

 

Kris knew since the beginning of his best friend's crush on his bodyguard. Poor Luhan even asked Xu Xian out on a date which turned out to have a sad ending. 

 

 

"How was Hong Kong?" Luhan randomly asked.

 

 

"Same as usual"

 

 

"By same meaning...."

 

 

"Treasure hunting. Gun shots. Business deals." Xu xian shrugged.

 

 

"Sounds fun"

 

 

"Exciting!" Kris chuckled.

 

 

The trip to Kris' house was long but when they reaches their destination, Kris made an excuse of wanting to take a long hot bath, leaving Xu xian alone with Luhan. Luhan decided to help Xu Xian unpack wanting to talk to her alone.

 

 

"You're ignoring me" He muttered once he finished putting all her stuff inside her room.

 

 

"That's nothing new" Xu xian replied, ping her bags.

 

 

"You know how I feel"

 

 

"And you know how I FEEL"

 

 

"Atleast look at me when I'm talking to you!" Luhan moved closer to Xu xian, holding her wrist.

 

 

"You're crazy. You don't deserve someone like me, how many times do I have to say that?!" Xu xian pulled herself out of his grip.

 

 

"Maybe I am crazy. I'm insane! But I'm also honest. Please Xu Xian ------"

 

 

"Yo! Where is the----"

 

 

Kris suddenly popped from the door,  face full of confusion. 

 

 

"Oh I, did I interrupt ???" 

 

 

"No you didn't" Xu Xian was the first to react "What is it?"

 

 

"I was going to ask if you've seen my towel. I can't seem to find it" Kris eyed the two knowingly.

 

 

"Did you look for it in your closet?" Xu xian said in a shrilly voice.

 

 

"I... I better go check it out. Continue what you were doing" Kris headed back to his bedroom.

 

 

"Xu xian I--"

 

 

"Listen Luhan, I'm going to say this one more time. I can't fall in love. My JOB is to protect Kris Wu and HE always comes first. Copy?" Then, she left without waiting for his answer.

 

 

Kris wanted to spend the rest of his day at his parents (adoptive parents) place with Luhan, giving Xu xian a half day off. Xu xian decided to go for a jog by the Han River. She was on her 4th lap when she saw a familiar face sitting by the benches. She stopped in the middle of her route and proceeded to sit beside the familiar face.

 

He was tall, well-built in his old age. His hair was the darkest black Xu xian has ever seen and his eyes were sharp as he watched the surroundings.

 

 

"How do you do?" She politely asked.

 

 

"It's been a long time since I came here. About ten years. I dropped you off to be my son's personal bodyguard now here you are, full grown and more powerful. How is he?"

 

 

"Safe as promised"

 

 

"Good. I see he's grown quite well. And he's also quite fond of you" The man's eyes twinkled.

 

 

"He uses me as entertainment and see's to annoy me every single moment" She could remember all of Kris' jokes and count them.

 

 

"How is his skills? Do you think he'd likely survive in the real world without you?"

 

 

Xu xian froze. Now that she thinks about it, she's taught Kris all things necessary in order to survive. From hand-to-hand combat, gun shooting, knife throwing, to wilderness skills. Could it be, was Li Wei going to take her away from Kris now? Was her mission done?

 

 

"Am I going to leave him?" She didn't expect her own voice to sound so weird. 

 

 

"Do you want to?" Li Wei retorted. 

 

Does she? If you asked her ten years ago she wouldn't doubt about saying yes. Now, she wasn't so sure. If Kris was dependent on her, she was also dependent on him. She couldn't imagine her life without that annoying ert mocking her everyday. She didn't want admit it but she didn't want to deny it either.

 

 

"Don't answer that. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll know when you have to leave" Li Wei stood up and brushed the dust off his coat. "Thank you, I never said that before. Thank you for protecting my boy" And with that, Li Wei walked off, disappearing from her sight