trois

A Piece Of Me

Ren waited outside the house for her brother. It seemed like it was the only way she was ever going to talk to him alone. Her parents have been all over him since he arrived from Hong Kong. She wondered how he managed to leave the place unharmed. WAIT. Of course, he had Xu Xian. Ren sighed. Kris Wu was an idiot. He was the BIGGEST IDIOT EVER. Just because Xu Xian didn’t give him the attention he much wanted, he’s made it a hobby to destroy his little sister’s love affairs. IT WAS STUPID. KRIS IS STUPID.

 

 

The door creaked and the said man came out of the house.

 

 

“You’ve been out here for hours, is that guy calling you again?!” Kris scoffed as he stood beside her, watching the lonely moon above the sky.

 

 

“You have NO right to threaten my suitors. I can threaten them fine by myself” Ren rolled her eyes, although deep down, she was scared of what Kris can do.

 

 

“Hey, I’m your brother! Cut me some slack. I HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO WORRY ABOUT  YOU”

 

 

“You should worry about yourself. How long has it been since you last had a girlfriend? Oh wait. YOU NEVER HAD ONE. Tell me gege, are you like, gay?!”

 

 

“YAH!” Kris smacked her head, making the younger girl flinch and glare at her older brother.

 

 

“YOU’RE EVEN WORSE THAN LUHAN GE! ATLEAST HE HAS THE GUTS TO TELL XU XIAN JIE HIS FEELINGS! ATLEAST HE ADMITS TO HIMSELF THE FACT THAT HE’S INLOVE WITH HER! HE’S NOT LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW, WHO HIDES HIMSELF IN THE SHADOWS AND ACT LIKE HE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT THE ONE GIRL HE HAS EVER LOVED!” Ren continued to glare at Kris dangerously.

 

 

Kris gave Ren a dangerous look. NO ONE. I repeat, NO ONE has EVER known what KRIS feels for Xu Xian, yet Ren noticed and pointed it out to him.

 

 

Ren returned the intensity of his stare. Now they looked like siblings.

 

 

“Yi Fan!” Their mother called from inside the house. “The car is here as well as Xu Xian!”

 

 

Kris was the first to avert his gaze and turned around.

 

 

“Tell me Ren, what would you feel if your best friend is in love with the person you love? Are you selfish enough to fight for your love? Or are you selfless enough to give up your feelings to someone who’s like family?”

 

 

Kris never waited for an answer as he left Ren teary-eyed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Xu Xian watched Kris from the rear-view mirror as she sat in the driver’s seat and Kris at the back by himself.

 

 

“Wow. 15 minutes of silence. A new Kris Wu record” Xu Xian broke the heavy silence.

 

 

“WOW! You actually talked first! A NEW XU XIAN RECORD!” Kris replied as he rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Hey creep, I’m not used to you being all emo there and quiet. Mind telling me what’s up?”

 

 

“You actually care!” Kris replied with so much sarcasm, it made Xu Xian flinch.

 

 

“HEY! What bothers you, bothers me. I’m your bodyguard. I swore I’d protect you under ANY circumstances. How can I protect you if you won’t tell me what’s the matter with you?!”

 

 

Kris gave a defeated groan making Xu Xian smirk. He was always bad at keeping his own secrets.

 

 

“If you needed to choose between a friend and a person you love, who would you choose?” Kris asked, his gaze was so far off that it was like he wasn’t even there. Physically present but mentally absent.

 

 

“A friend or a loved one?”

 

 

“A friend who’s like family. A friend who’s like a sibling. And a person. A person who protects you but can never feel the same way about you”

 

 

“What’s that person like? That person who can never feel the same way?” Xu Xian’s brows furrowed as she thought of an answer.

 

 

“Well, that person is… well, she’s cold and heartless and pretty much out of my league and could beat me into a pulp if she wanted to. But she…… she’s also the one person who would willingly lay her life for me. The one person who could never love me back yet give everything up for me. Crazy right?” Kris gave a nervous chuckle.

 

 

“That girl you say… she’s not worth it if she can’t love you back, even if she will give everything, even her life for you. If she doesn’t feel the same way, she’s not worth it” Xu Xian said in a quiet tone. Her voice like ice shards. Kris couldn’t help but let out a frustrated sigh.

 

 

“So you’re saying I should let my friend have her?”

 

 

“I’m saying you should give up on her because she may never love you back” Xu Xian said as she parked the car. That’s when Kris realized that they were already home.

 

 

Kris got out first and headed straight for bed, not giving Xu Xian another glance.

 

 

“And he’s also quite fond of you”

 

 

“This shouldn’t happen” Xu Xian muttered as she slammed the door shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris and Ren walked side by side together as another one of their meetings had just ended. Xu Xian followed behind them, checking various directions for any sign of threats. Kris and Ren spoke in hushed voices as they occasionally gave quick glances at Xu Xian.

 

 

“Is it me or are you two keeping secrets from me?” Xu Xian gave a sharp look at the two once they all got out of the building.

 

 

“Hey! This squirt has been muttering how lame the business proposal was. I was just telling her the benefits of the proposal” Kris gave a shrug. Ren rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Jie, there are no secrets between us three” Ren said as she placed her hands inside her pockets. Her eyes suddenly widened as she keep pulling something from her pockets. Suddenly she pulled out her hands and opened her bag, rummaging inside it.

 

 

“Ren?” Kris gave his sister a look of annoyance.

 

 

“Schist. I must’ve left my phone inside the conference room. I’ll get it. You guys wait for me” Ren was about to leave when Xu Xian blocked her way.

 

 

“I’LL get it. You guys stay put and behave” With that, Xu Xian rushed back inside the building leaving the Wu siblings outside.

 

 

 

 

Xu Xian didn’t think of knocking before entering so she caught a sneaky Kim Him Chan making out with some random girl inside the conference room. The two broke apart and the girl instantly rushed out of the room, leaving Xu Xian all alone with THE KIM HIMCHAN. Kris’ number one rival.

 

 

“Who gave you permission to enter in this place?” Xu Xian raised as eyebrow as her hands turned to fists.

 

 

“I was just around. Checking the company I invested in. Plus, I had some important papers to sign. Why are you here?” Him Chan shrugged as he lit up a cigar that he picked from the table.

 

 

“Ren left her phone here” She eyed Him Chan from head to toe as she picked up Ren’s phone from the table.  “Just because you bought a portion of Kris’ company doesn’t mean you could with every girl you like!” Xu Xian’s tone was dead serious. “It’s still Kris’ company and you’re just one of the few people gaining money from his hard work”

 

 

“You speak of Kris as if he’s a god. Tell me Xu Xian, what has Kris Wu done to gain attention from a lovely lady such as yourself? My, if I were him, I’d already bed you” Him Chan chuckled as he exhaled smoke from his lips.

 

 

“You erted son of a !” Xu Xian lunged toward him as she grabbed his collar and gave him a heavy punch. Him Chan laughed as he offered his other cheek, not minding his already bruised left cheek.

 

 

“Keep going Xu Xian. You know I’m immune to pain” Xu Xian was about to launch another fist when a guard suddenly barged in with a bleeding forehead.

 

 

“Ma’am! Mr. Wu’s kidnapped!” The guard had a very worried and serious expression on his face. Xu Xian’s facial features immediately changed as she let go Him Chan and ran outside.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ren!” Xu Xian kneeled at the younger girl who was bleeding intensely. It seemed like she was shot on the shoulder. A dozen guards surrounded them, fire arms already loaded.

 

 

“JIE! GE IS----!”

 

 

“I know! Did you see anything important? A face or even a hint of an identity?!”

 

 

“NO! BUT I REMEMBER THE PLATE NUMBER OF THE VAN!  GWH321! HURRY JIE! THEY WENT ON THAT STREET!” Ren’s eyes were teary as she winced every time she moved.

 

 

“Call 119! Get her to the hospital! Alert security personnel! Everyone in this building is on lockdown! No one leaves this place! Double the guards at the Wu Manor and tell the Senator what happened here! Call Luhan and tell him to take charge of this situation! I’ll find Kris and get him back!” Xu Xian ordered her trusty men as she ran towards the first vehicle she saw, a Ducati bike. She then sped out to the direction where Ren pointed out.

 

 

As soon as she was far off, she took out her phone and dialled the first number that came to her mind.

 

 

“Li Wei xiānshēng, I need your help. It’s about your son. He’s been kidnapped” Xu Xian bit her lower lip. If ANYTHING ever happens to KRIS WU, she will never be able to forgive herself. Soon, her eyes landed at a green coloured vehicle with tinted windows.

 

 

GWH321.

 

 

“Where are you?” Li Wei asked in a dangerous voice.

 

 

“Near Incheon. I’ll follow the van and call you soon.”

 

 

"She’s also the one person who would willingly lay her life for me. The one person who could never love me back yet give everything up for me."

 

 

"Hang on Kris, hang on a little longer. I'm coming"

 

 

 

 

 

AU: updated