Sais

A Piece Of Me

8 months passed…….

 

 

A howl of pain disturbed the silent night. There were a few gunshots heard and a scream of terror filled the air.

 

Blood. It was everywhere. It reeked of red blood.

 

The child stared at the tall figure with shining brown hair. She couldn’t utter a single word.

 

“It’s alright Soo Jung, I came to return you to your parents” The woman said as she held out her hand for the child.

 

The child could only look at her, eyes were full of horror.

 

“I won’t hurt you” The woman said softly.

 

“W-who are you?” Soo Jung asked, her voice quiet and scared.

 

“All you need to know is that you are safe and no one will hurt you anymore” The lady said as she patted the younger girls’ head. “Hush now”

 

The little girl hugged her, tears streaming down her face, sobbing on the older woman’s waist.

 

 

 

 

Another mission finished. Xu Xian sighed as she her bike, give the Jung Family a light nod, and sped her way.

 

It has been like this for the past 8 months. Her services were for hire. Everyone in Chicago was asking for her, she was a tracker. No one needed to hire a dozen cops or a bunch of bodyguards. Not when you can have one deadly Xu Xian. Yet everyone was so formal, they couldn’t offer her a single smile of gratitude.

 

Unlike Kris

 

She shook her head, stopping herself from thinking more. This Kris Wu thing needs to stop. She knew she has to forget. She needed a drink.

 

 

 

Frost was a private pub, only for people like her. People who were assassins, mercenaries, ex-SEAL agents or bodyguards for hire. Everyone who came there had deep skills of their own, no one messes with each other to keep the peace. The owner of the club made it a rule that no fights will be hosted by the place or they will be banned. That’s why she loved the place so much, it had what she wanted. Peace of mind.

 

“Jack Daniel’s” She ordered as soon as she walked in. The usual people who knew her gave her a nod in recognition, she nodded back in return. She took her usual spot on the bar stool, facing the rack full of liquors.

 

“Heard you just finished another job” Amber Liu, a former secret agent from China, said as she handed Xu Xian her drink.

 

“How do you know these things?” She arched a brow as she sipped on her glass, wincing as the alcohol burned .

 

“News travels fast. Taking three former navy’s down must’ve been hard” Amber said as she wiped the marbled table.

 

“Not when you know the right place to hit” She shrugged. She leaned on the bar, eyes searching for an even harder liquor to drink.

 

“A blonde guy came here a few hours ago”

 

“Really?”

 

“He was actually looking for you”

 

Blonde.

 

Blonde guy. Her guts screamed his name. Her heart trembled. She made sure no one knew where she was going to go. Not even Li Wei. She made sure that there would be no trace left. How?

 

“What did he look like?” Her face gave off nothing but her insides were swirling.

 

“Chinese fellow, handsome, has great accent” Amber eyed her. “Is he your boyfriend or something? I swear, he looked like he was finding for his long lost love”

 

“I have to go. Thanks Amber” She gave Amber money for her drink and a huge tip.

 

She walked out of the place, feeling a bit queasy from the news she has heard.

 

He’s found me

Her eyes searched for her bike when she found a tall figure waiting for her where she placed her ride.

 

His eyes stared longingly at her, his face screamed for attention. Her lips twitched into the most sinister smirk she could muster.

 

Time to face this

 

She willed herself to move forward, her legs turning into lead.

 

“Xu Xian” He called. His voice so foreign to her.

 

“What do you want?” She stood a few feet away from him, arms crossed around her chest.

 

“Why did you leave?” He asked, his voice pained.

 

“My business is my own. Move away from my bike” She scowled, although deep down she was hurting she had to be like this.

 

“Xu Xian---“He moved towards her, attempting to touch her.

 

“Don’t you dare lay a finger on me or I will break you”

 

His handsome features were still noticeable under the eyebags and the bony frame. It looks as if he hadn’t eaten for days.

 

Did she really do this to him?

 

“It’s not about me Xu Xian” He sighed in defeat, hands were balled into fists.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Yi Fan. He’s in trouble” His face showed anger.

 

“It’s your problem… Lu Han” His name sounded weird on her lips, it’s been a while since she said it.

 

She didn’t want to be like this to him but he was giving her no choice. And he just had to pull the Kris card out.

 

“He’s losing it Xu Xian”

 

“I don’t give a damn”

 

“Xu Xian, he’s your friend!”

 

“I don’t ing care!”

 

She yelled, her face was red. It wasn’t true, what she said. But she doesn’t want to see Kris. She doesn’t want to ruin everything for him. She doesn’t want to be loved. She doesn’t deserve anything good and she knows it.

 

“HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?!”

 

“BECAUSE, LU HAN, HE WAS MY MISSION AND NOW IT’S DONE. I LEFT, CUT OUT MY TIES WITH HIM AND YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE. I CHOSE TO LEAVE BECAUSE I’VE ALREADY DONE MY PART! NOW LEAVE ME BE WHILE I LIVE MY ING LIFE!”

 

“YOU CALL THIS LIVING?! HE LOVES YOU!! CAN’T YOU SEE?!”

 

It hit her. Right in the deepest part of her heart. And somehow, it hurt like hell.

 

“I.DO.NOT.FALL.INLOVE.” She muttered each word darkly. She walked towards Lu Han, pushed him aside and her bike, she sat on it and gave Lu Han one last look. “Goodbye, Luhan”

 

And she left him there.

 

 

 

 

Luhan didn’t know what hit his brain, he only knew he needed to talk to her. Feelings aside, he was worried about Kris. The big guy had been depressed. Although Kris didn’t show it in his work ethics, but when Kris got home, he was all over the place. His eyes would turn red from crying, making his place a mess. His constant drinking and getting into fights at public places. It was horrific.

 

 

 

“DAMN IT YI FAN! GET OVER IT ALREADY!” He pulled Kris from the railings, clutching tight on Kris’ sleeve.

 

“Easy for you to say, you don’t feel what I feel” Kris snorted, tears dried on his face. He had that empty look in his eyes. It was as if all the life in him drained.

 

“SHE’S NOT COMING BACK! SHE ISN’T! SHE MADE IT CLEAR!” He didn’t notice it, but tears streamed downed his face.

 

“I.Love.Her! I love no one but her. I was willing to give everything up for her. And she left me. Without a ing word or a letter. Without an explanation. Without a single ‘goodbye’” Kris quietly said, emptiness filled his face.

 

Luhan punched Kris out of fear. This Kris wasn’t the one he knew all these years. This wasn’t his best friend. This was the Kris that had been broken and battered. This was the Kris that had snapped from his sanity. This was the Kris that he never wanted to see. This was the Kris that he feared.

 

“AND WHAT ABOUT ME? DON’T YOU THINK I DIDN’T LOVE HER?! I LOVE HER TOO!” He screamed, trying to put some sense to the man. But Kris could only stare at him, not even minding his swelling cheek. Kris pulled away from his grasp, turning his back at him.

 

“Isn’t it ing terrifying that no matter how many promises they made, no matter how long you’ve been together, someone can get up and walk out of your life without a second thought and you have to carry on living because the world doesn’t stop for any of us” Kris sighed, his body shook.

 

Right then, Luhan knew he had to find Xu Xian. And it wasn’t because he wanted it. But it was because Kris needed her.

 

 

 

 

Luhan did what he had to do, using all his connections just to find this girl that drove him and Kris insane. When he found out her location, he did everything just to get to her. And now, she’s walking out again. His heart screamed her name.

 

He clenched his fist, taking out his phone and dialled a memorized set of numbers

 

“I found her” He said, his eyes not leaving the motorbike fading from his sight.