Diez

A Piece Of Me

The first thing that came into Xu Xian’s view that morning was the crumpled sheets around her and the gorgeous being watching her from a short distance, seating on the chair next to her bed.

 

“How long have you been staring?” She asked with brows furrowed. Although she was quite disturbed with his ed top and worn-out jeans.

 

“Long enough” Kris chuckled as he checked her out in her ripped jeans and tank top that hugged her body perfectly.

 

“So are we going to stare at each other all day?” She playfully teased, propping her own self up with her elbows.

 

Kris laughed, standing from his seat and helping her up.

 

“Is this a dream?” Kris whispered as Xu Xian’s body got close to his. She clutched on his arm tightly, meeting his dreamy gaze.

 

“Unfortunately, this is reality” She gave him a smile. A real smile. The corners of her lips were so lovely that Kris leaned down and kissed her there. She sighed, relaxed and relieved.

 

“You’re beautiful” He said as he pulled away.

 

“High on compliments” Xu Xian rolled her eyes. “Okay, what do  you want?”

 

Kris grinned, taking her into his arms and embracing her tightly.

 

“This. Everyday. Forever” He whispered.

 

Xu Xian hugged him back, loving the feel of his skin on hers. It was nice. To have someone hold you like this and indirectly tell you how precious you are was exhilarating.  There were no need for words. No need for explanations. No need for anything. All that mattered was them, their story and their future.

 

 

“Xu Xian” As quick as lightning, Kris and Xu Xian pulled away from each other.

 

 

There, Lu Han stood at the entrance, shocked.

 

 

“Han” Kris felt mute; his mouth dry and words left him.

 

 

“The door was unlocked. I came to check if--. Excuse me” Lu Han couldn’t form a sensible thought, his heart was in havoc and his brain was running haywire. He ran out the door, leaving Kris and Xu Xian guilty.

 

 

“Han! Shoot, I’ll go—“ Kris grabbed his jacket but Xu Xian beat him to it, she was already at  the doorway.

 

 

“No! I should talk to him”

 

 

“But—“

 

“Kris” Xu Xian gave him a stern look. “I’m the one who betrayed him”

 

 

“Xu Xian—“

 

 

“Take care of the house!” Xu Xian said as she ran out, trying to find her way to Lu Han.

 

 

She searched for him at places he’d possibly be.

 

 

“Please” She whispered, as she got in the next place she found. He’s not there.

 

 

“Darn it Lu Han” She whispered, her energy drained. The cold weather didn’t even help, her skin feeling numb. After searching a total of 10 possible places, he was still out of sight. Disappointedly, she walked back to the familiar street near her place. That was when her eyes caught his caramel hair swaying in the wind as he sat quietly on the swing. The playground was two blocks away from her house, why did she not even notice him?!

 

 

Lu Han stared blankly at his feet, letting the swing have its way. He tried his best to feel better but his heart was still hurt.

 

 

“Hey” He stared up and found Xu Xian looking worriedly at him.

 

 

“Mind if I sit?” She asked, pointing at the empty swing beside him.

 

 

 He just shrugged and she sat down. His heart was screaming her name, asking for a thousand explanations, but deep down he knew.

 

 

“It’s been a long day” Xu Xian sighed as she leaned her head on the metal chain, eyes unfocused as she shivered from the cold.

 

 

“You didn’t come here to talk about the day” He answered coldly.

 

 

 

“And I didn’t come here to heal your aching heart either” Xu Xian replied in a manner that reminded him of how cold and heartless she can be.

 

 

“Then why did you come?” His voice brutal as he faced her without fear.

 

 

“Cause it’s about me. The issue is about me and I want to tell you face to face. Kris—“ Before she could start, Lu  Han  gave a bitter laugh.

 

 

“IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU OR KRIS!”

 

 

“THEN WHY DID YOU RUN? WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? WHY—“

 

 

“IT’S BECAUSE I KNEW! THE WHOLE TIME, I KNEW! I KNEW YOU FELT SOMETHING AND HE FELT SOMETHING BUT I WAS BLINDED BY MY LOVE! I RAN BECAUSE I STILL LOVE YOU AND IT HURTS SEEING YOU WITH HIM! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TOLD MYSELF I WOULD BE STRONG, I CAN’T. YOU. YOU SHATTER ME, EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ME.”

 

 

Lu Han stared at Xu Xian, not minding the tears in his eyes. Xu Xian stood from her swing and stood bent infront of Lu Han, suddenly, the cold felt like the most endearing thing right now.

 

 

“I am sorry” She whispered. “You deserve someone who could love you as much as you love her and it’s not me”

 

 

Lu Han bit his lip, wiping his eyes. He stood up and pulled off his jacket, draping it on Xu Xian’s shoulders. His fingertips brushing her skin lightly.

 

 

You act cold but you’re the warmest person ever

                                                        

 

“Then maybe I don’t want to love at all” He said, a tight smile on his face. “If it’s not you then I don’t want anyone else”

 

 

He walked away, leaving Xu Xian shocked.

 

 

“Lu Han!” She called and he momentarily stopped.

 

 

“Don’t worry” He said, turning to face her with a forced smile on his face. “I’ll be alright. You take care of Kris”

 

 

I won’t be but it’s a price I’m willing to pay just to see you smile

 

updated <3 poor luhan though ~