quatro

A Piece Of Me

Xu Xian hid behind the nearest bush she could find. Fortunately for her, she wasn’t caught following the van. She was approximately 100 meters (or so) away from an abandoned building in Gangnam. She clutched on her only weapon, a pocket knife that she always carried. It was about 24 centimetres long, quite short for long range fights but definitely handy for short range brawls. She looked around first, checking if someone was near and when the coast was clear, she pulled out her phone and dialled Li Wei’s number.

 

 

“He’s been dragged to an abandoned building in Gangnam, I don’t know the exact location but it’s about a mile from the nearest building” Xu Xian said as she crouched down low when she saw a man coming out of the door.

 

 

“I’ll be there ASAP. Keep an eye on him and DON’T do anything stupid!” Li Wei ordered as he hung up on her.

 

 

Xu Xian sighed as she took another peek at enemy territory. What was Kris thinking?!! Xu Xian knew that Kris could beat up ANYONE he wanted to. He was a skillful fighter and she made sure of that!

 

 

Her phone suddenly rang which caused her to jump a bit. She answered it and was a bit relieved to hear who the caller was.

 

 

“Xu Xian!”

 

 

“Gosh Lu Han!”

 

 

“Are you guys alright? Have you found Kris?! Where are you?!” Questions came bursting that Xu Xian forgot she was actually talking over the phone and not at Lu Han’s face.

 

 

“GEEZ LUHAN! I’VE ALREADY FOUND HIM! AND DON’T WORRY!”

 

 

“Where are you?!”

 

 

“In Gangnam. Abandoned building. Next building would be about a mile away”

 

 

She heard a deep sigh coming from Lu Han.

 

 

“Xu Xian-ah, I just want you to know. You have to get Kris back. SAFELY. He might be an egotistic but he’s still my best friend and my brother.”

 

 

“I know” Xu Xian bit her lower lip.

 

 

“But you also have to get yourself back safely. I… I know I’ve said this a million times but I just.. I should say it again… You mean the WORLD to me. Promise me you’d come back with Kris and be safe!”

 

 

It was her turn to sigh. It was as if Lu Han was thinking she’d possibly die today and was leaving her with words she’d be guilty with.

 

 

“Han I—“

 

 

“Promise me!”

 

 

“I… I promise” She bit her lower lip. An empty promise.

 

 

“Good! I’ll try to figure out your location and send in help as soon as possible!”

 

 

“Thanks!”

 

 

“And Xu Xian… I love you”

 

 

Xu Xian hung up. She then slipped her phone inside her jacket as she peeked out again. There was no one guarding the outside which means she could easily sneak in and surprise them. She gripped tighter on her knife. Li Wei’s words rang in her head.

 

 

“I promise to protect you Kris. I will” She then moved out in a flash.

 

 

 

 

 

Kris didn’t know what happened to him after her was injected with some drug, all he could remember was Ren screaming and a gunshot. REN! Kris shot up but was immediately  met with a crowbar hitting his head.

 

 

“STAY DOWN !” A tattooed muscled moron hit him again on his back, making Kris groan. He held in a scream as he glared at the guy.

 

 

“WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” He muttered darkly.

 

 

“MY MEN HAD CUTS BECAUSE OF YOUR COMBAT SKILLS ASSWIPE!”

 

 

Kris tried to sit-up but his head felt like lead.

 

 

“The drugs are still affecting your body and the hit I just gave you will make sure you stay put for a while”

 

 

“What the hell did I do to you?!”

 

 

“It’s not what you’ve done to me Wu Yi Fan. It’s what we want from you. You see, you’re the richest guy, not on earth, but in Asia. You’ve got loads of money. Your father is a Senator and your mother is a lawyer. You’re well off. What else would we want? Thugs like us?” The man gestured at his comrades who Kris only took notice. There were about 10 of them, the most ferocious looking men Kris has ever seen.

 

 

“We planned this since we first laid eyes on you in Hong Kong. Some of these men, they want your money while others? Well, lets say it’s in their nature to be evil beings” He grinned at Kris as he squatted infront of Kris.

 

 

“So, you’re kidnapping me for ransom?” Kris snorted.

 

 

“We’re kidnapping you for loads of money and we know your parents pay well”

 

 

GREAT. He was captured by idiots who were money worshippers. Well, atleast they weren’t his father’s enemies. His REAL father. Not Senator Wu Yi Bo, but his biological father, the one that sent Xu Xian. Li Wei.

 

 

Kris looked at his surroundings, taking in what reality has to offer him. His hands and feet were bound and he was on the cold floor, kneeling. His head still hurt, so does his back but he tried to keep focus.

 

 

Time. He’s going to buy time!

 

 

“So what will you do with the money you get?” He blurted out the first question that came to his mind.

 

 

“What makes you think we’ll tell you?” One of the men, with a piercing on his nose growled at him.

 

 

“Well, for starters, it’s MY money and I’m just asking” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

 

“You’re too talkative for a hostage” The guy with the biker jacket groaned.

 

 

“Maybe we should cut his tongue out!” The guy with missing teeth and horrible hair suggested as he took out his knife .

 

 

“WE don’t cut anything from him boys. Although, we can try to beat him up” Their leader, the tattooed head grinned evilly at Kris.

 

 

“My parents would NEVER pay you if they found out what you’re gonna do to me!” Kris bravely said as he tried pulling on his restraints.

 

 

“NO. But they’re gonna pay us for the life of their one and only son” The leader laughed along with his crew, finding Kris a joke.

 

 

Kris was mentally killing everyone in his brain, he HATED being helpless. If they didn’t drug him, he would’ve beat them into a pulp already. It was driving him crazy at how useless he was!

 

 

Xu Xian

 

 

Her face suddenly popped in his brain. He wanted to live. To get out of here. To survive. He wanted to live for Xu Xian.

 

 

I haven’t even told her how I feel

 

 

He took a deep breath as he gave them a look.

 

 

“What now punk?!” The guy in the biker jacket asked.

 

 

“Nature’s calling dumbo. I have to go to the bathroom!” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

 

“What now Ming?!” The guy turned to their leader.

 

 

“You want me to pee here?!” Kris added.

 

 

“FINE! Take him to the rest room!”

 

 

 

 

Dumbo (the name Kris gave to the moron behind him) had just untied Kris and was now leading him to the rest room when Kris suddenly paused on his spot. He took a deep breath. The drugs were wearing off a bit, he would have to be very precise and careful.

 

 

“Hey dumbo!” The man turned to face him but was met by a flying side kick, knocking the guy out.

 

 

Kris then hurried to find the knife in the guy’s pocket and succeeded. Soon he cut himself out of the ropes when he heard the sound of firing gunshots. His eyes widened as he hid the knife in his pocket and picked up the gun on the floor.

 

 

His eyes couldn’t believe what he saw. A flash of silver was followed by a gush of red. BLOOD. It was everywhere. Throats were cut out, slashes on stomachs, stabs, and blood. RED BLOOD. Kris watched as Xu Xian stabbed the last remaining guy in the heart. She was masked in blood, her clothes, her face, her hair. She was soaked in the blood of his kidnappers, her face showed no remorse. She had a few scratches but none of it seemed fatal.

 

 

“Y-you---“ Kris was speechless, his legs started to wobble , his mind was beginning to blur. The drugs!

 

 

 

“I promise to protect you. Even if it costs me my life” She then dropped her blade as she ran towards him, holding him in her arms.

 

 

“How?”

 

 

“I followed them”

 

 

“Xu Xian I—“

 

 

“Shh, back-up will be here any moment” Xu Xian stood up as she draped his arm around her shoulder, letting his weight fall on her as she carefully dragged him to the open door.

 

 

“I—“

 

 

“Save it for later Kris. I’m glad you’re safe”

 

 

For the first time, Kris saw her sincerity and his heart warmed.

 

 

“Xu Xian  I—“

 

 

A gunshot rang and in a moment, Xu Xian’s eyes widened as she fell to the ground like a broken vase. Kris’ eyes widened as he turned around, finding the man he put unconscious standing a few meters away from him, holding a gun. Kris fished out the dagger he had in his pocket and in one swift throw, he hit it right between the man’s eyes, into the skull.

 

 

Kris fell on his knees as he cradled Xu Xian in his arms, tears escaped his eyes as he brushed her hair out of her face.

 


“DON’T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!” Kris ordered. “YOU CANT! YOU HAVE TO PROTECT ME! YOU PROMISED TO PROTECT ME!”

 

 

“K-killed b-by a b-bullet” Xu Xian whispered as blood flowed out of .

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“I-it’s a p-pleasure s-serving you” She gave him a smile, a ghost of a smile as she weakly touched his face.

 

 

“SHH!! STOP SAYING THAT! DON’T DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES ON ME XU XIAN!” Kris cried as he hugged her body. “YOU CAN’T! NOT WHEN I LOVE YOU!!”

 

 

As he said those words, Xu Xian could feel herself loose her breath. She was running out of oxygen and Kris wasn’t helping. She stared at his face, he was handsome. Dying in his arms, it would be a fulfilled wish. To die in the arms of someone you care about.

 

 

Be brave Kris” She whispered as she touched his face, feeling her body become numb and the lights darken.

 

 

Seohyun

 

AU: updated!! thanks 164 subs and 26 upvotes!! <3 comments are loved!