L.o.v.e. Girl

L.o.v.e. Girl

Standing in front of a crowd with nothing to say wasn't awkward.

Falling to the ground with everyone looking at you wasn't awkward.

Being left with a beautiful girl who was supposed to spend the night with you was awkward.

At least it was for Yuri.

She walked towards her last partner's room carrying two bags, she opened the door to show a small place. 

Tiffany, who was carrying only on bag, left a picture on the night stand table beside the bed. She took a look at the place and smiled shyly.

-It seems comfortable.

Yuri chuckled. 

-It is. 

She took a look to the surroundings and saw the picture Tiffany had been holding.

-Is that you? 

Tiffany shook her head.

-She's my mom -she said, while glancing at the picture.

-She looks so beautiful, just like you.

Yuri's eyes widened when she realized she had just said those words which should have stayed in her mind.

-No, I m-mean... -she muttered- she's beautiful and you're her daughter so you're beautiful too... it's not that I don't think you're beautiful, because you are and...

-Yuri -the smiling girl said- it's okay, let's forget about it.

Yuri sighed. It was supposed to give her a good first impression and it ended up being otherwise.

-I don't use to be that weird.

Tiffany chuckled.

-I don't think you're weird, Yuri. I think you're cute.

She gave her an eye smile, that left Yuri dumbfounded. That was a killer smile.

-Thank you -Yuri said while scratching the back of her neck, while a shy smile appeared on her face- I hope you're comfortable here. If you need something please tell me. I'll be at the living doing homework.

Tiffany nodded cutely and Yuri left the room.

 

She made her way to her responsibilities again.

It was extremely boring. She thought she could be talking with Tiffany, which seemed more interesting that studying.

The hours passed and she was still stuck on math. Why wasn't that as simple as a chord? That would definitely be easy to remember.

When she was lost in her thoughts, not studying but complaining, Tiffany appeared at the living.

They didn't say a word for a while, instead they locked eyes.

Tiffany had been in her room for about two hours and since she was just transferred she had no homework to do so she was so bored.

-This is awkward -she giggled, when Yuri kept staring at her.

-I know, I know. Is there any problem?

Tiffany shook her head, but there was still something bothering her.

-Would you like to give me some company? -Yuri asked with a smile.

Tiffany didn't need to be asked twice. She was already by Yuri's side, looking through her books and trying to help her.

-You haven't done any of your math exercises -Tiffany commented.

-Math isn't easy -Yuri sighed.

-I know, but you should try. It isn't really that difficult. Want me to show you?

They started studying. Tiffany was definitely a good tutor, something Yuri needed so much.

-Wow! Don't you want to replace our math teacher? I mean, you're amazing, I swear!

Tiffany blushed at her roommate's compliment.

-Do you have anything else that you don't understand? Maybe I can help you...

Actually, Yuri needed a lot of help in every course. She wasn't dumb. She was just too lazy. She preferred playing the guitar than doing homework.

-Uhm, I don't think so -she lied- why don't you tell me about you? I mean, we should get to know each other better, since we are going to spend some time together -Yuri smiled.

Tiffany nodded again, while placing herself facing Yuri. They were at the couch, sitting side by side.

-What can I tell you about me?

-Whatever, something you're comfortable with.

-Uhm -Tiffany hold her chin for a while- what if we take turns to say something?

Yuri nodded, and offered her to start.

-Okay. Actually, my name isn't Tiffany, but Stephanie.

-I think Stephanie is a beautiful name...

-Yeah, but my mom liked Tiffany more so I use it.

-The woman in the picture?

-Yes -Tiffany answered.

-Where is she living now? -Yuri asked, since silence was filling the place.

-Uh, well... 

Tiffany's eye smile disappeared, being replaced with a frown.

-... she's not in this world anymore.

Yuri almost slapped herself for directing their conversation to something that personal.

-I'm sorry, I didn't want to...

-It's okay, it wasn't your intention. Actually I haven't talked about this many times... -her gaze redirected to the floor- I really miss her.

That last phrase came out of in almost a whisper.

Yuri didn't know what to do. Since the girl in front of her was tearing up, she panicked. They weren't close, so she had no right to hug her or something. Things got worse when a tear slowed down her cheek. Yuri inhaled so hard and use a thumb to slipped that tear apart.

-I'm s-sorry -Tiffany muttered.

-No, it's okay to cry -Yuri said, while leaning in to hug the girl crying in front of her.

But when she was about to embrace the girl in her arms, Tiffany stood up.

-I will go to my room, Yuri. I'm really sorry.

Yuri was left dumbfounded. Her gaze followed the girl until she disappeared. She was also confused, because the only thing she wanted to do was hug her, hug her and tell her everything would be fine, because she was going to protect her.

Yuri left her homework on the table and went to the kitchen. After making hot chocolate she walked towards Tiffany's room. There, she stood in front of the door for a while, thinking if it was right to go in.

-I made this for you -she said after opening the door.

She found Tiffany laying on the bed, with tears in her eyes.

-I'm sorry for bringing you those memories. I just want to tell you that everything's going to be okay. I promise you she must be so proud of having an intelligent and beautiful daughter like you. And you should be happy about it, because I bet she wants to see you smile, not crying. Okay? -Yuri kneeled beside her- Smile, please.

A little smile appeared on Tiffany's face. She was touched by Yuri's words. They weren't even close and she barely know her. 

-Thank you -she whispered, while grabbing the mug Yuri had brought her.

-It's kinda hot, drink carefully.

Tiffany chuckled at that caring behaviour.

-Thank you again, Yuri.

They looked at each other's eyes and smiled warmly.

Yuri Tiffany's hair and walked towards the door.

-I think you should sleep now, tomorrow we have classes at 8.

She was about to turn the lights off when Tiffany interrupted her.

-Is it okay if we walk together to the classrooms? Since I'm not familiarized with the place...

Yuri smiled.

-Sure, good night.