L.o.v.e. Girl

L.o.v.e. Girl

-What's your favorite flavour, Sica? 

Two girls were walking side by side to the ice cream shop after a long day of classes.

-Uhm, strawberry. 

The blonde girl smiled warmly at her.

Strawberry. Yuri thought. Same as Tiffany.

-What's yours?

-Chocolate, I think. 

When they had bought the ice creams, they walked towards the park.

-It's warm here -Yuri said, while sitting on a bench.

-It's always warm when I'm with you.

Yuri's cheeks got red when she heard those words.

-I was thinking the same thing. You always warm me up.

At that moment they found themselves staring at each other, smiling, and letting their eyes say what they couldn't.

-I really like to spend time with you, Yuri. It is always funny, and we always have something to talk about. You make me feel things I never felt. You... you're special. 

Special. 

That was the key word to Yuri. She considered someone special when she could be herself around that person. She was aware that Jessica was special. So special, to be honest. But there was someone else who could fill her concept of special.

-Every time I hold your hand -Jessica continued- I feel complete, like I don't need anything else.

-Jessica...

-And I can't hold this feeling anymore, Yuri. This is growing bigger and bigger every day.

-Jessica... I-I know you're special for me too. I do feel something when we hold hands and when you look directly at me.. but...

-Shhh -Jessica used a finger to silence Yuri- don't stress yourself.

Jessica giggled. 

Their eyes were locked and Jessica couldn't take it anymore. She leaned in slowly, her eyes never leaving Yuri's lips, until they came in contact with her own.

 

***


A girl was laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to collect her thoughts.


You're an idiot, Tiffany. She told herself. How can you feel this way?

She let out a sigh, turned her head to the side and looked at her and her roommate's picture, which was on her nightstand. 

Why do you make me feel this way, uh? She said, using a finger to draw Yuri's facial features. 
She sighed again. 

It wasn't easy to love someone who was obviously interested in someone else. Any other girl would have moved on and find another person to fall for, but not Tiffany. She had found the real Yuri and she knew she was one in a million. 

Maybe I should tell you what I feel. She talked to the picture again. Who am I trying to fool? I can't. I'm too coward to do it. 

Lazily, she stood up and walked to the kitchen. Thinking about her roommate made her hungry. And Yuri was the dish she wanted to try.

After some minutes of being sitting on the couch, she heard the door opening. It was kinda late, but she knew Yuri had gone for a walk with her enemy, I mean, Jessica.

Her tanned roommate didn't greeted her. Instead, she just sat beside her and watched the tv. 

-Are you okay? -she asked, while her roommate's arms.

-Something happened and... I'm kinda confused.

Tiffany frowned. If Yuri's problem was Jessica's fault, she surely was going to teach her a lesson. Well, maybe not, but she was going to imagine multiple forms of death for her.

-What's wrong then? You know you can tell me.

Yuri rested her head on Tiffany's shoulder, so she hugged the younger girl and held her thight.

-Jessica -Yuri said, her eyes not leaving the tv- she.. she kissed me.

Tiffany had thought that she couldn't feel worse than she felt, but when she heard those words, she proved herself wrong.

-A-and why is that confusing? -she tried to not let Yuri notice her broken voice.

-I don't know. I'm kinda scared, I think. I'm feeling something weird, like butterflies in the stomach everytime I see her... Have you ever felt it, Fany?

Every time I see your smile.

-No, I haven't.

-Well, it's difficult, I do like Jessica, but... I don't know, I feel like something is missing, but I don't know what.

Tiffany remained silence. She, actually, didn't know what to say. Should she support Yuri's love towards someone else? Should she take advantage of it? Maybe she just need to persuade Yuri and make her realise what she felt.

-She even said she loved me.

And that crossed the line.

-W-what?

-She did it, and I was also surprised. Eventhough, I also told her I felt something strong for her.

-Do you think you love her?

-I don't know, I think I don't yet...

-Well, love is something that comes eventually -Tiffany closed her eyes to think about the first time she realised her feelings for Yuri- you can't force it, because it just flows naturally. 

Yuri turned herself to see Tiffany at the eyes.

-Thank you -she said after a couple seconds of silence.

Tiffany couldn't answer because she was lost on those beautiful eyes.

-You're right -Yuri grabbed Tiffany by the shoulders- you're completely right. I can't force love because it will flow. I will feel it when I'm ready, until then I should wait.

Their faces were only inches apart.

-Thank you, Tiffany.

The latter stared at her roommate's lips, without saying a word. Her scent was overwhelming.

-I'm gonna call Jessica now. Thank you again.

When Tiffany felt Yuri no longer by her side, she came back to reality.

What have I done?! she thought while punching the couch. I just told her to go let her feelings for Jessica flow!

She lied on the couch, while hugging tightly a pillow, feeling her eyes got watery. 

I just lost all my chances with Yuri. 

Her tears fell from her eyes, and eventually she fell asleep.