L.o.v.e. Girl

L.o.v.e. Girl

-What are we going to do now?! We can't be only four... -A good looking guy complained.

 

-I know. Since he left, we sound... incomplete -the tallest among them answered him.

 

Four guys were at a garage trying to find a solution to their guitarist's sudden leaving, since his parent had to go to another city in order to work,

 

-Ugh!! Yonghwa! This can't be happening! We were going so well with this band... -a tanned girl yelled.

 

-Calm down, Yuri -he answered- we will find a solution.

 

They kept silence again, trying to think about something that could help them.

 

-What if we find someone new? I mean, why don't we cast some people to get the position? -Their bassist suggested.

 

-I don't want to make things worse, guys... but we haven't lost just a guitarist, but a singer too.

 

They all sighed.

 

-Okay, I got an idea! -Minhyuk stood up from his drums- but our band will suffer some changes, do you wanna hear it anyway? 

 

-Any idea is okay now, go ahead.

 

-Fine, Jungshin, Yonghwa and I will stay in our positions as drummer, main guitarist/vocalist, and drummer -he explained- Yuri, you should change your position.

 

He kept silence to let her talk, if she wanted, but the girl only remained silence.

 

-You will have to stop playing the keyboard, and, since you can play the guitar, you will have to replace Jonghyun.

 

Yonghwa looked at his friend and rested a hand on her shoulder.

 

-I know being a main guitarist isn't easy, so you can think about if you want.

 

-No -Yuri said with determination- I accept it.

 

Yonghwa's face was occupied with a big grin.

 

-But I won't sing.

 

The three boys' eyes widened when they heard that.

 

-If you want a singer that won't be me. My voice isn't as powerful as Jonghyun’s.

 

They found theirselves in a trouble again.

 

-Okay, okay -Minhyuk talked again- we will find a singer, right? 

 

-But -Yonghwa seemed kinda sad- I was happy about having a girls' vocal it would sound better.

 

Jungshin, who was sitting on the ground, stood up. 

 

-We can find a girl, then. Don't you think? I mean, we are three guys and only one girl, wouldn't it be great if we find a girl to sing with us? 

 

Yonghwa hold his chin for a while, like thinking about something serious.

 

-What if we look for another singer? A girl -he said after some minutes of thinking.

 

His bandmates looked at him in surprise.

 

-What?! -Jungshin approached him inmediately- No, no, no! I wasn't talking about that! We can't look for another leader!

 

-Calm down, Shin, we won't. I mean, I like being your leader -he teased- We can look for a girl who can sing and be our base vocal, what do you think?  

 

-And will be she supposed to play any instrument? Because she can't be there standing alone with a mic if she isn't the main singer –Minhyuk said.

 

-Let's look for a tecladist then! -Jungshin suggested.

 

-And why didn't we just look for a girl guitarist who can sing then? I can stay at my spot in the key board -Yuri whispered.

 

-No, no -Jungshin said all of a sudden- Your image matches better a guitarist than a pianist.

 

Yuri frowned, thinking that it was the most ridiculous idea she had ever hear. She looked around to find support in the other two boys, but it seemed like their thought were similar to Jungshin's.

 

She sighed.

 

-Okay then...

 

The stayed in silence for a while.

 

-That's it then -Yonghwa stood up, putting his guitar in its cover- we will cast girls to this new era of our band. Tomorrow morning, at school, we will desing the flyers. This will be amazing.

 

They all smiled at each other. Indeed, it was going to be amazing.

 

 

 

*

 

 

-Hey –a blonde girl greeted her friend with a hug.

 

-Hey, you –Yuri answered her, while hugging her back.

 

-How was your practice yesterday? Did you find what to do with Jong’s absence?

 

Yuri sighed.

 

-Yes, and it’s going to be a lot of work, I mean, we will have to look for a pianist. A girl, to be specific.

 

-Good luck with that.

 

-I know… how was your practice, anyway?

 

-Mine was great, I know it would be even greater if you were part of our team but…

 

-Yeah, I’m sorry, you know I love dancing, but I found my real passion already –she showed her friend a big grin.

 

-I know, I know.

 

-Hey, girls –a man’s voice was heard through the classroom.

 

-Hey, Yonghwa  -both girls greeted.

 

He took a seat behind them and started looking for something in his bag.

 

-Look what I got… -he said, while holding a paper- Hyoyeon, Yuri, please say hi to our permission to use the gym to cast girls this afternoon.

 

He used his voice to sing something that was supposed to be a glorious sound.

 

-Are you serious? This afternoon? That fast? –Yuri complained.

 

-Yul, we have no time to lose. We need to find someone and start practicing; we only have few months before the competition starts.

 

She sighed.

 

-How are people going to know that we are casting this afternoon?

 

-Minhyuk made flyers and they are all over the school now. I hope some girls can go, I don’t want us to be there alone –he chuckled- that would be embarrassing.

 

-Then we just need good luck.