Page Nine

A Fresh Start.

Heeyee is coming over today because she called me last week about taking to me. It sounded urgent, which was weird because if it was urgent she would just tell me right there and then. I guess it's even more important since she has to tell me in person. A few moments after thinking to myself, Heeyee arrived.

"Hey." I said in a cheerful tone. She didn't look to happy, I was worried.
"What's wrong? Did something happen to Chasoo?" I asked worriedly closing the door after she walks in.
"I think you need to sit down for this...and Chasoo is fine, it's you I'm worried about." Heeyee said.
"Well then spill the beans, I'm impatient just waiting here not knowing."
"Come on." Heeyee said siting on my couch and I followed like a puppy dog.

 

_*_

After Heeyee told me what was going on. She was right, I did needed to sit down for this news. I sat there in shock still trying to process her words through my mind. "Hello? Minhee?" Heeyee said waving her hand in front of me, causing me to snap back out of my thoughts. "What..." I said in a mono toned voice. I was practically a robot. A few moments of silence took place, and I finally had everything processed in my brain...I think.

"So let me get this straight," I said and Heeyee turned to me and listened. "You're telling me that the parents, my real parents want to find me? And the ones who I thought were my parents aren't actually my parents?" 
Heeyee nodded, as did I.
"And how did you find this out?"
"At work. You know I work at a place that helps the rightful parents and children find each other."
" I know...but this is so...sudden and weird. I guess I really was a mistake..." My tone was sad and my heart was crushed. To find out that the ones who gave birth to you had given you up and left you with someone else. It's heart breaking.

For the rest of the night me and Heeyee talked about the issue. We talked about what I should do, or if I should even have any contact with them. 

_*_

A week has passed by since I found out about my parents...my real parents. I still haven't decided to do anything. Heeyee told me that she told them she would let them know if I wanted to meet them or have a conversation with them. I thought about all the different things I could do and say to them, but in the end I'll probably end up sitting there crying my eyes out. All my mind was occupied with was my "parents". I don't know if I should call them my parents. I've never met them before and it just feels weird to be calling someone you've never seen mom and dad. A ringing came from my phone that knocked me out of my thoughts. It was Yonghwa calling. I had totally forgotten about since finding this out.

"Hello?"
"Hi beautiful, what ya up to?"
I smiled, he can always make me smile. "Nothing, just thinking."
"About me?"
"You wish!" 
"What are you thinking about then?"
My mood went down again. I thought about what I had been thinking about for the past week.
"Can you come over? I'd rather tell you in person."
"Yeah, of course. I'll be there in a jiff."
I smiled, "Okay." We both hung up the phone and I waited patiently for Yonghwa to arrive.

_*_

When Yonghwa arrived he saw the hint of sadness in my face. "What's wrong?" He said with concern. I motioned him to come inside, he stepped in and I closed the door behind him. We both sat on the couch. I took a deep breath before starting my history. I told him about my parents, the ones who raised me, and about my real parents. I also told him about how I ran away from my parents who raised me because I felt the difference in the way I was being treated. He nodded his head understanding what I was saying. After telling him what I've been thinking and going through, he grabbed my hands and held them in his. My hands fit perfectly with his...though his were way bigger, it felt comfy, safe. 

"I know it's a difficult decision to make," He paused and looked up at me. "But think about it. Do you want to go on without not knowing them at least a little bit or do you want to continue the way you've been despite the fact you know about them." 
I looked at him for a bit then down at our hands. "I don't know right now. I really don't know..." 
He lifted up my chin. "You don't have to decide right now. Just give your heart and mind some time. It'll know what it wants once given some time." He smiled. 
A smile that also made me smile. I nodded agreeing with what he said.

"I'll always be here if you need anything. I won't go anywhere. I'll stay as long as you need."  
I nodded again with a small smile.

The rest of our night consisted of us watching movies together. This took my mind off of my situation for a while. I knew it was only temporary, but it was better than nothing. We eventually both fell asleep, cuddling with each other on the couch. It was satisfying feeling. Falling asleep in someone else's arms...It made me feel like I was being cared for in a whole new way. 

_*_

The next thing I remember is waking up to a smell of something delicious. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning sleepy head." I heard Yonghwa's voice. A little startled, I turned to look at him in the kitchen cooking breakfast.
"Good morning." I said cheerfully and smiled. I walked over to see what he was cooking. 
"You hungry?" 
"Very. I didn't know that you knew how to cook." 
He gave a small chuckle. "I do, I know how to do a lot of things." 
"Oh really? Like what?"
"You'll just have to see when the time comes to use my skills."
I just looked at him and mentally said okay. 

After we ate breakfast we cleaned up after ourselves and Yonghwa left.

"Bye, remember to call me if you ever need anything. I'll be here in no time." He smiled standing in the door frame.
I blushed and smiled. I looked down to hide my pink cheeks. Yonghwa lifted up my head and looked into my eyes.
"Don't hide your face, it's too cute to hide. Especially if you're blushing." 
With what he just said, I blushed even more. He chuckled. We bid our goodbyes and I closed the door. 

 



Hi subbies! I know...it's been another while :// I'm sorry I abandoned this story for a while. But, I am back and I am going to continue the story! I have the motivation and hopefully I still sound like my old self right? Hopefully the writing style doesn't change too much for you guys. I hope guys enjoyed this little update and I will be working on the next chapter soon :))

Your author,

Sandra :))