Page Fourteen

A Fresh Start.

I continued looking at everyone in shock. I'm looking around the room trying to look for answers when the doctor comes back in the room. "Well, good news about your memory loss. Looks like it's just temporary, your memory will return. We just don't know when. It could return at any time whether it be triggered or just the fact that you suddenly remember." The doctor said. Everyone looked back at me in pity and hopeful eyes. I hope that my memory would come back soon so that I could now what was going on. I mean a boyfriend I've been with for about a year now and my real parents? 

I suddenly felt a warm soothing hand on mine. I looked over and it was Yonghwa holding my hand. I smiled slightly at his gesture. "Don't worry, I'm going to stay by your side. Even if you don't remember me. I will try and help you to remember everything as best as I can." He held my hand tighter and gave me a sweet smile. I smiled at him and nodded. I looked over at my "parents" and they looked happy, but I sensed something was off. They came up to me and gave me a hug, telling me that they were glad I was safe.

_*_

The next day I was discharged. Yonghwa was there to help me get back home safely. We got to my apartment and he helped bring some of my things inside. I smiled at his kindness. I feel bad that I don't remember our history together. Our feelings, happiness, now all he may feel is sadness. He came back from setting my things in my room and he caught me staring at him. 

"What is it?" He asked. 
"Oh, nothing. I'm just glad I have someone to help me." I smiled. 
"I told you I'd be here by your side the whole time. There's no getting away from me."

He winked and that caused my cheeks to turn pink. That made Yonghwa chuckle. I walked over to the couch where Yonghwa was sitting and sat next to him.

"Uhm, Yonghwa. C-Can I ask you a question?"
He smiled, "Yeah, go ahead."
I smiled. "Are you sure you're okay with all of this. I mean, with me losing my memory in all. It must be hard for you to be with me though I don't remember what we had before this happened..." I said with my voice getting quieter. 
He smiled and nodded. He grabbed my hand and held it with his. "It's completely fine. It's like I'm falling in love with you all over again." 
With those words, my cheeks turned rosy red. I tried to hide my face from him but he turned it back to face him. "Don't hide your face, it's too pretty. Especially when you're blushing."
And again, caused me to blush again.

I later found myself asleep in my bed. I looked around wondering what I was doing in bed. The last thing I remember was being in the living room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes from the tiredness. I got up from my bed and walked out into the kitchen to get something to drink. I open the cabinet and grab a cup. I grab the gallon of water in the fridge and pour some into the cup. I look over at the couch and I see Yonghwa sleeping. I put my cup down and walk over to get a better look at him. He looks so peaceful but tired at the same time. "It must be tiresome trying to help me recover my memory...it must also be painful." I say aloud bringing my knees to my chest. I move a piece of hair out of his face. I smile at his sleeping face. 

"It's got to be difficult to be by my side, isn't it? Having the one you care about not remember who you are? Doesn't it break yourself?" I say talking to myself. I just look at his face. "How do you do it? You must be holding in all your pain and tears. You can let it out in front of me, I know it must hurt." I remember the pain from the past, the past I remember at least. "I will do my best to remember all my memory and to remember you." I look at his face a little longer before getting up. I get up and grab a blanket in the closet and lay it over him. "I will remember you, no matter what it takes or how long." I whisper and stand up. 

When I got up, I felt something grab my wrist. It was Yonghwa holding onto it. I looked at him shocked and surprised. Did he just hear everything I said? Embarrassing. I sat back down in front of him. He opened his eyes and looked deep into mine. His eyes looked happy with sadness lingering. He sat up then patted the spot next to me. I got and sat next to him. He looked at me and smiled. "I will be by your side no matter what. I will be there to help you remember everything. You don't have to worry because you will remember. It'll just take time." He rubbed my hand and smiled again. I nodded understanding his words. The way he said it was soothing and sweet–with his slightly husky voice. It was a turn on. His words repeat in my head again and again until he breaks the cycle. 

"Remember, don't worry. I'll be here, even if we are away from each other I'll be here in a flash." He smiled cheerfully.
I let out a small chuckle and nodded. "Did you everything I said...even from the beginning?" I asked a bit embarrassed. 
He nodded and gave a small smile. My cheeks turned pink. "But don't be embarrassed, it was cute. You would've done the same for me if I was the one who forgot my memory." 
I smiled hearing his faith in me.

The next morning I woke up on the couch. I looked around recalling what had happened last night. I smiled at the thought. I then smelled something delicious. I turned around and saw Yonghwa cooking. "Good morning, ya hungry?" He smiled and flipped the omelet. It smelled so yummy. The smell of the food lifted me off the couch and led me to the kitchen. "I take that as a yes." Yonghwa said and let out a small chuckle.

I helped set up the table while Yonghwa finished cooking. When all the food was set on the table, my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered. It was my...parents. They wanted to see me this afternoon. It was a little sudden but I agreed to head over there. They gave me directions to their house since I didn't know where it was. "Who was that?" Yonghwa asked. I told him it was my parents and that they wanted to see me in the afternoon. He nodded taking a bite of his food.

When we finished breakfast, Yonghwa and I did the dishes and wiped the table. After cleaning up, we both got ourselves ready for the day. More like I did, Yonghwa just washed his face. I came out from my room and joined him in the living room. "I guess I should go before you have to go." Yonghwa said and got up from the couch. We walked until we reached the door. He opened it then turned around. "Bye Yonghwa, I'll see you soon?" I smiled and leaned my head on the door. He nodded and smiled. He held my hand and squeezed it. He came closer and kissed my cheek. My eyes widened and my cheeks burned up. "Bye Minhee." He smiled and winked before leaving me red as a tomato. 

I stood at my door frozen for a few seconds before realizing that I was standing smiling to myself like an idiot. I closed my door and leaned against it. I giggled to myself remembering the kiss that happened on my cheek. It was just my cheek but it was magical. Have we kissed before? I wonder...was this my first kiss from him? I snapped out of my thoughts and got ready to go to my "parents" house. 


 

Hello there, here's is another update :)) They seem short huh? Sorry if they're too short :P But I try to make them pretty lengthy, in my opinion they seem pretty lengthy right??? Aha, anyways hope you guys didn't find this chapter too bad right? I'll update with more drama coming up hopefully soon...ohhh, that doesn't sound good. Drama aha, have a wonderful day! Or night! ^^

Your author,

Sandra :))