Page Six

A Fresh Start.

We were walking through the streets of the carnival, smelling the arouma of sweets, and deep fried foods. I smiled looking at all the happy kids going on rides, eating the delicious food, and getting their faces painted. We were getting some cotton candy when a little girl came up to me and tugged on my dress. I looked down at her and gave her a smile. 
            "Annyeong," I said bending down to her level. "Where's your mom and dad?" 
            She shrugged. "I don't know. I can't find them." She sounded sad and worried. 
            "Do you know what mommy and daddy's name are?" Yonghwa asked bending down to our levels.
            "Mommy and daddy." She said. Yonghwa and I chuckled. 
            "Come on, I'll buy you cotton candy and we'll go find your mom and dad." Yonghwa said and stood up. The little girl smiled and nodded. She looked excitded about the fact she was going to get cotton candy. After we got cotton candy, we sat at a newr by bench. "What's your name?" I asked when she sat in between Yonghwa and I. 
            "Heeyoung, Park Heeyoung." She said with an eye smile. She was so cute and adorable. 
            "Annyeong Heeyong-ah. I'm Minhee." I smiled.
            "Annyeong Minhee! Unnie, has anyone ever told you that you're pretty?" 
            I blushed at her comment. "Ah, really? You're too nice." I smiled.
            "She is pretty huh Heeyoung." Yonghwa said looking at me as if he were mesmerized. 
            Heeyoung nodded in agreement with Yonghwa. "Yes, she is." Heeyoung turned to Yonghwa. "What's your name?" She asked and smiled. 
            "I'm Yonghwa, it's nice to meet you Heeyoung-ah." He smiled that boyish smile. 
            "Oppa, has anyone ever told you that you're very handsome?"
            "Oh, really? Minhee-shi. Do you think that I'm handsome?" Yonghwa turned to look at me, then Heeyoung followed. 
            "Hmmm.....I don't know...." I said lying to them. Yonghwa was...no, he is handsome. I smiled to myself. 
            "Oh, unnie. You're smiling!" 
            I shook my head. "No, I didn't." 
            Yonghwa narrowed his eyes at me. I stuck out my tongue. 
            "Heeyoung-ah, you wanna know a secret?" I asked signalling her to come closer. 
            "Ooh! I wanna know a secret!" She ran to me and I whispered in her ear. 
            "Unni! I knew it!" 
            "Shhhh! Keep it a secret, you can't tell anyone." 
            She nodded. 
            "What? Can I know?" Yonghwa said putting on a pouty face.
            Heeyoung and I both shook our heads. "No, unni said to keep it a secret." 
            Yonghwa stuck his tongue at me and I smiled back. 
            After a while, Heeyoung wanted to go on rides. We bought some tickets and took her on rides. She really was cute. Her parents must adore her. I smiled thinking how lucky she must be to have two parents who love her. She rode on quite a few rides. Yonghwa and. I took turns taking her on rides that required chaparones. Though she came during our date, she made it fun. I liked that she was with us. 
             "Unni!" Heeyoung called me dragging me out of my thoughts. 
            "Yes?" She signalled me come nearer so she could tell me something. 
            "I have to go to the bathroom." I smiled, "Okay, let's go." 
            "Where are you girls going?" Yonghwa asked.
            "Bathroom." I smiled. He nodded and waited outside while I took Heeyoung to the bathroom. 
            When we finished, Heeyoung ran out to Yonghwa. I smiled at how adorable she was. I've said it so many times I minus well tatto it on her, but she really was adorable. In a way she reminded me of me when I was younger. 
            "Mom! Dad!" I suddenly heard. I turned to where Heeyoung ran. She found her parents. I was glad that she did, but a part of me was sad too. 
            "Are you okay?" Yonghwa asked. 
            I nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just gunna miss her." 
            He nodded. "Come on, let's go meet them." He smiled and we both went up to Heeyoung's parents. 
            "Hello Mister and Misses Park." We both said bowing. 
            "Oh thank you so much! Were you guys watching her?" Mrs. Park asked. 
            "Yes, we took care of her." I said and smiled. 
            "Oh thank you so much! You guys are such angels!" She cried. 
            "Thank you." We both bowed. 
            "How can we ever thank you. We thought we'd lost her forever." Mr. Park said.
            "It was nothing, she was very good. There's no need." Yonghwa said. 
            "No I insist, we can't thank you enough for taking care of our daughter." Mr. Park insisted. 
            "It's okay, really. You don't have to give us anything." I said. 
            We stood there conversating for a bit. They were just glad that their daughter was okay and nothing had happened to her. I was smiling talking with Mister and Misses Park. I felt as if I was a child again. 
            "It was really nice talking with you guys but I'm afraid that we have to go. It's getting late." Mrs. Park said. I nodded. 
            "It's fine, it is getting late, especially for Heeyoung." I said looking at her tired face. 
            "It was really nice meeting you two." Mr. Park said giving us handshakes. We both smiled and bowed. 
            "Would you guys like to come and baby sit Heeyoung? Anytime, just come and we'll be more than happy to let her be with you guys." Mrs. Park said. 
            "Really? That'd be great! I'd love to see her again! She's adorable amd a great kid." I smiled cheerfully. 
            "Oh I'm glad to hear that! Minhee-ah, you are so cute! I wish you would also be my daughter!" Mrs. Park said with a big grin. 
            "Really?! Aww, thank you Mrs. Park." I smiled brightly. 
            "Mom, I wanna play with Minhee and Yonghwa-shi again. I like them." Heeyoung said tiredly. 
            I smiled. "Don't worry Heeyoung we will definitely take you out again, okay?" 
            She nodded. We all bid our goodbyes and went our seprate ways. Yonghwa and I were walking back to the carnival. "Yonghwa, let's so somewhere else. We were here all day." He nodded, "Okay, let's go." We left the carnival and went to his car that was parked by my apartment. 
            When we got into the car we sat in there for a couple of minutes. I hadn't noticed that we were sitting there for a couple of minutes, not going anywhere. 
            "Minhee, where are we going?" Yonghwa asked and chuckled. 
            I shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't think about it." 
            Yonghwa sat there thinking for a bit. "Do you wanna go the Han River?" 
            My face brightened. I faced him and nodded. "Yeah! Let's go!" 
            He smiled and chuckled. "Okay, let's go" 
            We left the place and went to the Han River.

 


Annyeong! ^^ How are you all doing? Good? I hope so! :)) I've been just fine. I finally updated guys! :D I hope that you enjoyed reading this chapter. It actually got deleted -__- but then I rewrote it. I like this one better than what I originally had, hopefully you guys like it too ^^ 

 

~Sandra <3