Page Thirteen

A Fresh Start.

Ever since that night at my parents, we haven't spoke. I told Heeyee and Chasoo what happened and they're in shock. Yonghwa had said he loved me and my parents are still stubborn to not letting me get married to Dylan. Weeks had past since that day and all I can do is think about that day. My thoughts are consumed with that day. No one has complicated lives like this right? In the dramas you see people having a hard time and then they over come that somehow. All I need now is a solution. 

It's been a few weeks since that day we all argued. I finally decided to just go out and do something time consuming to get my mind completely off the topic. I got ready and went outside for a walk. I walked along the shore just staring at my footprints I made and seeing the waves wash them away. I smiled seeing it. I put my headphones in and played music to help soothe my mind even more. I sang along in my head as the music played. 

I later found myself walking towards the city where the streets were much busier. I was at the stop light when I got a text message from my mother. I gave a little bit of a annoyed expression. I was supposed to be here not thinking about the situation and it was going just fine up until now. I heard the voice on the stop light say go. I looked up and started walking when I got another message from my mother. Unconsciously, I stopped in the middle of the road and read the message. After realizing that I was in the middle of the road, I quickly ran to the other side of the road when all of a sudden I hear crashing and a bunch of people yelling. I turn around confused wondering what was going on. The next thing I know is I see a bright light heading my way and everything goes black. 

_*_

I wake up seeing more bright lights but this time I see them moving faster and I hear people talking. "It's another drunk driving accident" I hear. "She's badly hurt, we need to quickly get her back to normal or else we're going to lose her!" Another thing I hear. It's slowly making sense to me but I'm losing my train of thought. "Don't worry Minhee, I'll be right here by your side." I hear a man's voice say, it's Yonghwa. It's the last thing I hear before everything goes black again.

I don't know much time has passed but all I know is that I'm waking up. I'm opening my eyes to a room. I'm in the hospital. What happened? I slowly get up looking around to see if I could get any clue to what's happened. I rub my head from the small throbbing I felt. I look down at my side and there's a man who's sleeping next to me holding my hand. Out of shock, I quickly remove my hand from his gentle grip. Which causes him to wake up. He looks tired and confused until he realized that he sees me awake. "Minhee! You're up. How are you feeling? Are you hurt?" He asks. I study him but I'm confused. Who is this man? Do I know him? He seems to know me. "Uhm...I'm okay." I manage to say with a tone of confusion. He lets out a breath as if he had been holding his breath the whole time. "Good, I'm glad you're okay. I was so worried about you." He sounds relieved. He grabs my hand, the one that he was holding. "I hope you're not mad at me but I called your parents and told them about what happened to you. I also called Heeyee and Chasoo." I nodded. My parents? How does he know my parents? I ran away from them. At least he said something else that made sense. Heeyee and Chasoo were called. He looks confused and rubs my hand with his other hands.

"What's wrong Minhee?" He asks with a confused look on his face.
"Who are you?"

He looks shocked as I ask and the next moment someone walks into the room. I look at who enters the room. It's a man and a woman, they look older. I give them a confused look. I don't know who they are either. Who are all these people? Then quickly enters Heeyee and Chasoo. Finally, faces I recognize.

"Heeyee! Chasoo!" I say happily as I smile. They rush over to me and they look relieved.
"Minhee!"
"Yah! Don't scare us like that!" They both say one at a time.
I looked at them in confusion, then I remembered that I'm in the hospital.
"Oh, right...haha sorry. But doesn't someone wanna tell me what's going on and who all these people are?" I say pointing to the others in the room.
Heeyee and Chasoo look at each other in confusion and looked back at me.
"Minhee, you don't know who these people are?" Heeyee said. She sounded like I knew who they were..which I don't.

I shook my head. Heeyee looked at Chasoo again.
"Are you sure Minhee, take another look at them." Chasoo said.

 

I looked at the strangers in the room. The man that was sleeping next to me. He was handsome. Heck, is he my boyfriend because I wouldn't mind having him as mine. I studied his face closely. He looked as if he was hoping and searching within my eyes. I then looked over at the two older couple. They seem like they're married and wealthy. But...who exactly are they.  I looked back at Heeyee and Chasoo and shook my head, indicating that I didn't know who these people were. 
Heeyee looked at Chasoo as if she were saying something to her telepathically, Chasoo nodded.

Heeyee came closer to me. She knelt to my side and held my hand as if she were bracing me for something unexpected. She took a breath then let it out. "This," she pointed to the man who was next to me earlier. "is Yonghwa, he's your boyfriend. You guys have been together for the past year or so, remember?" She looked at me searching my eyes to see if I would recall him. I just looked at her with lost eyes. "And," she started again and pointed to the older couple and then took a deep breath in and out. "these are your parents. Your real parents. Remember you found out that you were adopted by the parents who raised  you and you ran away." My eyes widened in shock. What did she say? Those were my real parents? I was adopted?

I was silent trying to process all this information in my mind but nothing was making sense. What is going on? I mentally say to myself looking around the room. Hoping that someone would say something that would make sense to me. The next moment, the doctor walks in.

"Oh, I see all of your family and close friends are here. Perfect timing I guess huh?" He chuckled a little and flipped a page on his clipboard. "I'm here to inform you all on Minhee's condition."
Everyone quickly looks at the doctor but I can tell that they aren't going to be surprised. They look like that already know what's going on, they just need it to be confirmed. The doctor looked at the papers again and nodded his head.
"It looks like Minhee has some brain damage. She may have experienced some memory loss." He says looking up from his clipboard.

Everyone looks shocked but with confirming looks. I'm in utter shock. Is this why I don't remember my boyfriend and my parents? What happened before that made me forget who they were? Did something bad happen? I need to find out what happened to me. How did I end up like this to have my memory gone from my head like that?


 

Dun dun dun! Here is an update for you lovely subbies ^^ I twisted things quite a bit huh? That was my big "genius" idea lol. I wasn't sure how else to make the story more interesting for you guys but I found a way! :D And I'm glad I did. I hope it doesn't bore you all and I hope you all enjoy! ^^

Your author,

Sandra :))