Page Sixteen

A Fresh Start.

A few days have passed since I’ve been at the resort. It’s really nice, I just wish that I knew more people. I feel so out of place, especially since I’ve lost my memory and all. I spend a lot of time on my own trying to regain any memories as I possibly can. Still nothing though. Sometimes I get frustrated and sometimes I just get tired of trying. I even wonder if they’ll come back. They seem to be good memories, especially with Yonghwa. But I’m not so sure with my…parents. It feels weird to be calling them my parents. Especially after I had just lost my memory.

After thinking to myself for a while, someone knocks on my door. My attention turns towards the door. I grab the remote and press the button that lets guests in. It’s just my…mother. We greet each other as she sits down.

“Are you feeling okay?” She looks concerned.
I nod, “Yeah I’m fine, why?”
“You just haven’t hung with us a lot. You’ve been M.I.A.”
“Sorry, I’m just trying to gain as much memory as I possibly can especially if I’m away from home.”
She nods, “And I hope you do but could you spend a little more time with us. We feel bad just leaving you out of events.”
“It’s fine, I feel a little out of place anyways.”
“Oh I’m sorry honey. I know it must be difficult. How about you join us for the evening?”
“By us you mean with our guests too?”
“Yes but I promise you’ll grow to like them. They’ll soon be family.”
“Be?”
“Did I say be? I meant feel. They’ll soon feel like family.” She smiles and stands up to leave.
Before she leaves she turns around and says one thing, “Wear something nice, it’ll be a formal dinner so dress nicely.”

She left and I closed the door. What is going on? She said we’d be family soon. What does that mean? I shook off the feeling but I couldn’t help the thought. I got ready and went to dinner.

_*_

“There’s the talk of the town!” My father exclaimed.
I sit down next to my parents.  “Good evening, I’m sorry I haven’t been spending much time with you all.”
“Oh darling it’s fine. I know it must be tough being in your situation.” Mrs. Lee said.

I give a smile. After talking about me for a bit we continue onto a new subject. Dylan and I, I knew this dinner was something else. It’s like a marriage arrangement. I wasn’t paying attention for a bit because I was so lost in my own thoughts and feelings. I mean marrying to people who have no idea what we’re like. It’s like a korean drama. Oh my gosh, I’m living a korean drama. Where’s my boyfriend to come and save me from this mess?

After snapping out of my imagination, my parents call my name. I look like a clueless puppy with wondering eyes. I ask what’s going on and my parents fill me in, with a huge bomb.

“You’re going to get married with Dylan.” My mother smiles happily.

Did my imagination just come true? Did the scenario I imagined in my head come to life? Then where is my prince to come save me? I’m shocked and confused. It feels surreal. Why does it feel like something like this has happened before? Has it happened before? In the next instant a bang is felt inside my head. What is going on right now? I cover my head to try and stop the banging but I can’t. It’s constant and starts to become harder and more vivid.

“Minhee, are you okay?” My father asks.

I open eyes and see who’s all in front of me. It’s them, I know them. I recognize all of them now. I narrow my eyes and look at my parents. They look at each other with confusion. “

Minhee, what happening to you?” My mother asks with a worried look.
I narrow my eyes at them both. “You think that if I lose my memory that you can get me to marry someone else?” I say with an angry tone.

Everyone stays silent as I stand up and leave. I walk as fast as I can. If they’re calling my name, I don’t care because I want nothing to do with them right now. I can’t believe they would try to take advantage of me like that. It’s just low and cruel.

I get up to my room and slam the door shut. I’m filled with anger to the top of my head like a pot on a stove. I practically rip off all my clothes and make-up. As I’m getting ready to grab my phone and send a message to Chasoo and Heeyee, someone’s at my door.

I roll my eyes at the door out of gut reaction. “Who wants to tell me more lies now?”

 


 

Heh heh...heeeyy guys. How ya doin? I'm good, how about you? Yeahh...it's been another while hasn't it? ....Sorryyy, in all honesty...I totally forgot. I was just focused on my Jackson story that I didn't think of this one. But if you want to check out that story go right ahead, I'll leave the link right hurr → http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/829330/becoming-closer-drama-lovestory-romance-you-jackson-jacksonwang-jacksonandyou
(Yess, shamelessly promoting my story. We all do it, dont judge lol.) But back to this one aha. I just forgot about this one and I will try to do better at updating this one as well. Please don't hate me :D Enjoy this little chapter and until the next one subbies! ^^

-Sandra :))