Page Eleven

A Fresh Start.

"I let in our guests and introduce myself. I wonder if they know about our situation. My mom and dad came out to greet them as well and then we all went into the dining room to start having dinner. We have three guests over, a mother, a father, and their son. Is this one of those marriage meeting things? If it is than I need to tell my parents that I do not have any plans to marry anytime soon, let alone to a stranger. 

"Minhee, did you hear me?" says my mother. 
"I'm sorry, what'd you say." I answer, her words snapping me out of my thoughts. 
"Can you tell the maids to bring out dessert?" 
"It's okay, I'll do it." I smile and get up from my seat.
"Dylan, go and help her." I hear his mom tell him.
So that's his name...Dylan. He must've lived in the states for some time.

A few seconds after I arrive in the kitchen, Dylan appears. He asks what he can help bring and I tell him to bring the plates for the cake. Yeah, I know. This is some fancy dinner. I don't eat dessert, to me that's called a snack. But I guess they're used to it. I grab the cake and cut enough pieces for everyone. I then bring it to the dining room and serve one piece to everyone.

"Your daughter is so nice. Helping out and serving us dessert." says the man.
 I really have to start paying attention to people's names. 
"Thank you." I say politely and smile.

After dinner is done, I help the maids with cleaning up. I actually prefer being with them right now than with our guest. It's just kind of awkward. Me and Dylan are just sitting there quiet while our parents are talking up a storm with each other. And neither of our parents will let one of us speak, it's never ending words. When I finish with cleaning, I go and sit with everyone else in the living room. 

"Oh, Minhee you're just in time." My mother smiles and pats the seat next to her. I sit next her while she grins at me. I look at her like she's crazy, her smile is way too chipper. It makes me wonder what's going on.
"Minhee, we have some good news for you." My father says patting my shoulder lightly. 
I look at the both of then curiously and then at our guests. 
"We invited Mr and Mrs Lee here to introduce their son to you." My mother says. I nod waiting for her to get to the point. 
Both of our parents look at each other in excitement and smile. Me and Dylan look at each other. He looks nervous as if he knows what's going on. I sit there clueless and curious. 
"You two will be getting married!" Dylan's mom bursts with open arms.
I stare at them shocked. Did I just hear right. I'm getting married? With Dylan? Uhm, no offense but I'd prefer to pick my own husband. Let alone, I'm already in a relationship. 

I laugh to see if this is a joke. "Is this a joke? Please tell me you're joking." I say looking at everyone. They all look confused on why I'm laughing. I stop laughing and a frown appears on my face. 
"Honey, I thought you'd be happy?" My father says. 
I snapped my head to look at him. "Happy? You think making marrying someone I don't know will make me happy?" I say in a bit of a sassy tone.
I stand up and bow. "I'm sorry, but I cannot marry Dylan. I'm already in a relationship. If I knew what tonight's intentions were, I wouldn't have come."
I leave the room and get my things.

My parents get up and run after me. They keep asking me to stop and stay and to hear them out but I don't want to listen. What makes you think that I want to get married, especially to a stranger. This is not in the old days where I have to obey every order given to me. I can make my own decisions. 

They keep trying make me stay but I eventually make my way out of the door and slam it. I stand by the door to see if I can hear anything they say. I hear my parents apologizing to Mr and Mrs Lee. I hear them saying they understand. They're more understanding than my own parents. I hear footsteps near the door so I run to my car and leave. 

I arrive in my apartment upset. I toss my keys on the table by the door and kick off my shoes. "Who do they think they are?!"I yell walking into the kitchen. "I thought you'd be happy." I say mocking my father. "Happy my . I'm not marrying anyone right now, let alone to Dylan." I get a glass of water and drink it. I nearly slam the glass on the counter because of my anger. I take out my phone and text Chasoo and Heeyee to come over. 

_*_

"WHAT! NO WAY!?!" Chasoo and Heeyee both say in unison. I nod my head telling them that it's true. I told them about the whole thing. They keep telling me to be strong and don't marry Dylan. Of course I know that, but knowing them for a while. They are going to keep trying to convince me and probably force me. They'll make me cut off ties with Yonghwa and anyone who they think will ruin this opportunity. 

"I think you should tell Yonghwa about this." Chasoo says breaking the silence that filled the room.
My eyes widened. "You want me to do what now?" 
"Tell him. He has a right to know, especially since it's almost like a competition now."
"Yeah but..." I ran out of words to say. I didn't know what to say. Tell Yonghwa? That's going to be difficult. How do you tell your boyfriend your parents are trying to get you to marry some other dude. 

Chasoo and Heeyee leave after talking with them about other options but there really aren't any. There's only two. Get married or not, and I sure as hell am not getting married. 


 

 


Hello subbies! Yes, I have updated again! This isn't much but it's an update! Aha, I hope this won't bore too much :P We'll just wait and see what Yonghwa says and what Minhee's parents will do huh? Well...technically your parents lol. See you guys in the next update! ^^

Your author,

Sandra :))