Page Fifteen

A Fresh Start.

"I was greeted with smiles from my mother and father. I gave a small smile and walked in. They offered me some food to eat but I wasn't hungry. They sat me down in the living room with some tea and snacks on the table. My father cleared his throat before speaking.

"Minhee, we asked you to come over today because have some thing to ask you." He said cautiously.
"Minhee, we were wondering if you'd like to go on vacation with us." My mother smiled cheerfully, with hopes that I would say yes.

I looked at them for a while and thought about it. I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I mean I still don't really know who they are and frankly I just don't have very must trust in them since I have no idea who they are. I gave them a small smile and told them to let me think about it. I'm not very good at making decisions on spot sometimes. They nodded and smiled. "Just let us know before next week, we're leaving then to Jeju Island." I nodded. 

We all talked some more how I was doing and about my memory loss. They looked concerned about it but also with a hint of happiness...in a weird way. It's like they have something hidden up their sleeve. I didn't think too much of it, I could be wrong. I mean how can I really tell if I don't remember them right? After talking for a while, I said my goodbyes and left. 

_*_

After I talked with everyone (meaning Yonghwa, Heeyee, and Chasoo) about going on the trip with my parents, I decided to go. I packed all my things for the trip and headed over to my parent's house. Yonghwa came along with me to send me off since he wasn't going with me. I'll miss him, he's not going to be there to make me smile and laugh for a whole week. 

When we arrived at their house, Yonghwa opened my door for me and helped me carry my luggage. I smiled at his gesture. Anything he does makes me smile. It's like being in love. Is that what love is? Smiling at everything someone does, no matter what it is. I smile at my own thoughts and continue to walk up to the door. I ring the doorbell and we wait for them to open the door. 

"Hi guys! Come on in." My mother says. I greet my mother and father with a smile as Yonghwa and I walk inside. We wait for my parents to finish grabbing a few things before we all head to the airport. 

We get into our cars and head out to the airport. As I sit in the car looking at the scenery as we past by it makes me smile. It's like looking at beautiful photographs in real life. I hear Yonghwa give a small chuckle. "What are you laughing at?" I look at him. He smiles and says "You." I narrowed my eyes at him. I asked him why and he said because I'm smiling looking out the window. I defend myself and tell him it's because outside is so beautiful and peaceful. He just agrees and continues to drive. I then turn in the radio and just start to sing along as the melody flows through the speakers. 

When we come to a stop light, Yonghwa looks at me and smiled before saying "You know, you have a very nice singing voice." He smiled again. "Really?" He nods and rests his elbow on the open window. "Do you want to sing with me? I bet we'd sound good." I nod my head alightly and give it some thought before I give my response. I mean I never thought about singing. I just like to sing along to music I like. It's not a dream, passion, or even a career—just something to do while passing time. I looked at Yonghwa and gave him a definite nod. "Let's do it. Let's sing a song together." I gave a cheeky smile. He nodded in happiness that I agreed.

As we arrived at the airport I see my parents pull up first before we do. My parents are waving to someone else and gives them a hug. Who are they? I'm confused. Are they going with us on the trip? I turn to Yonghwa and ask him who they are. "Yonghwa....who are they?" I pointed and he looked in the direction I pointed. He looked and had a surprised look on his face. We both got out of the car and went over to where my parents were.

"Minhee, this is Dylan and his family. They are going to be going on the trip with us."
 "Oh...I thought it was just going to be us." 
"Nope. They are close friends so we invited them to come along."
"Oh...okay."

I wasn't so sure about Dylan and his family coming along. I mean, who are they. I sure don't know them. It's like a random person inviting themselves into your conversation. I look at Yonghwa and he seems to be a bit uneasy. Does he know who theses people are? Interrupting my thoughts, my father announces that we are about to get on the plane. I go to the car and grab my luggage. After grabbing my things, Yonghwa and I once again meet up with my parents along with Dylan and his.

"You'll be okay? Try to just have fun and get to know them." Yonghwa says and smiles while holding my shoulders.
I nod. "I'll try." We both chuckle. 

Yonghwa and I say our goodbyes and he wishes me a safe trip there and back. He also tells me that he'll be at the airport to pick me up when I get back. I gather my things and start to board the flight. 

 


 

Heh heh...sorry for such a long wait guys. Summer went by too fast and school caught up and that's what I've been dealing with. And, I've been getting lazy at writing this story. But I want to finish this for you guys since it's been a while since I've actually fully completed a story...None the less, I hope you guys enjoyed this short kind of half assed chapter (sorry again :P) and stayed tuned for the next update :))

Your author,

Sandra :))