Page Five

A Fresh Start.

            I sat on my couch waiting. Was he going to call me? Text me? Am I being foolish? Was he just playing with me? Did he actually want to talk with me? Was he genuine? Why am I asking myself all these questions? I sat there laying on my stomach staring at my phone. I sighed realizing that Yonghwa was probably not going to call. I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling. I exhaled. I decided to get up and walk to the kitchen for a snack. 
            "Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend my girl." I sang thinking about one of my favorite songs. 
            While I was singing, I heard my phone ring. I ran to my phone and answered it. "Hello?" I answered quickly. 
            "Well hi, nice to see you're eager to hear my voice." Heeyee said.
            "Oh, it's just you." I said disappointed.
            "Wow, you really wanna talk to me huh?" Heeyee said sarcastically. 
            "It's not what you think." I said and continued a conversation with her. 
            After our conversation I decided to paint my nails. I some music and started singing along. I was deciding what color to paint my nails. "Peach or tan?" I asked myself holding up th two colors to the sun light. A few moments later, my phone rung indicating I had a text message. Who's texting me? I thought. I grabbed my phone looking at the message. 

To Minhee:
Hi Minhee, it's Yonghwa. I just wanted to ask if-


            I was cut off by my phone ringing. "Yonghwa's calling. Clever." I gave a small laugh.
            "Hello?" 
            "Read my message yet?"
            "I was just in the middle of reading it." I smiled.
            "Good, because I was just about to complete it." 
            I sat there with a confused look on my face. 
            "I was wondering...if you would want to go to the carnival that's going on at the beach today." 
            My face brightened up. I had totally forgotten about the carnival. I was supposed to go with Heeyee and Chasoo, that's why Heeyee called earlier. "Uhmm..." I wasn't sure if I should go with Yonghwa and leave her friends. They wouldn't mind, right? "Yeah, I would love to go with you." I finally spat out. 
            "Great! I'll pick you up in an hour."
            "Okay." I smiled brightly. "Wait, how do you know where I live?" 
            "Heejun." 
            "Oh right, he knows where I live."
            "I can't wait to see you." 
            I blushed, and we both said our goodbyes and hung up. I giggled like a girl in high school seeing her crush walk nearby her. "Oh! I gotta finish painting my nails!" I quickly painted my nails neatly like I always did. After I finished painting my nails and letting them dry, I took a shower. "Wow Minhee, always finishing your nails at a bad time." I said to myself. I undressed and got in the shower. After showering, I checked the time on my phone. "Okay, I still have time to get ready." I set my phone on my bed and went into my bathroom to dry my hair. When I finished drying my hair, I brushed it. I then went to my closet to see what I could wear. 
            A few moments later my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered. 
            "Hey Minhee, you ready yet?" 
            "Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. Yonghwa asked me to go to the carnival with him." I said sounding a bit guilty.
            "Why do you sound upset? Aren't you happy that he asked you?" Heeyee said confused.
            "No, I am. I just feel bad leaving you guys." 
            "Don't worry honey! We're fine! Go be with your little boyfriend." She teased.
            "He's not my boyfriend!" I defended.
            "Okay, but don't worry go on your date! Have fun." 
            I smiled. We both talked for a bit longer then hung up. I checked the time again. "I still have time to get ready, let's hurry." I rushed to my closet to find something to wear. I talked to myself trying to see what I would look good in. I didn't want to dress up too much and I didn't want to dress up too little either. I kept searching and searching in my closet. "Ugh, why is this so difficult?!" I dropped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I went back to my closet to find something to wear. I grabbed a summer dress I never wore. "This could work." I said to myself and nodded at my decision. The dress was a high low dress, the top was a cream color with a skinny tan belt. The bottom of the dress was a soft pink color. I paired the dress with gladiator sandals with studs across the straps. I put on a gold simple ring and a peachy colored bracelet. When I finished getting dressed, I put on some light make-up. I did my eyebrows, put on mascara, and put on a matte pink lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I liked the way I looked for my date, but I felt nervous. I exhaled and grabbed my purse. I put on my sandals and put my phone into my purse. "I'll sit here waiting for you." I said to myself and waited for Yonghwa to pick me up. I only had to wait ten minutes until my doorbell rang. It was Yonghwa right on time. I smiled knowing that we were about to go on a date. The thought made me feel giddy inside. I inhaled then exhaled. I opened the door. Yonghwa's expression was speechless. He looked amazed at what he was seeing. "Wow...You look...beautiful." He said not taking his eyes off of me. I blushed in his words, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." I smiled. He chuckled. "You ready to go?" I nodded and we were on our way. 


 

Hi guys! How are you doing? Good? I hope so. Here is another chapter for you all to read ^^ I hope that this makes your time worthwhile and I'll be back with another update as soon as possible. :))

Here's the outfit for the date.

      

~Sandra