Page Ten

A Fresh Start.


A few weeks have passed since the situation with my real parents. I've thought about what Yonghwa had told me and I've thought about the possible outcomes. No matter how I imagined everything, it just seemed so...surreal. Today, after much time and consideration, I decided what I wanted to do. I called Heeyee and told her my decision. She sounded unsure of my decision but she was willing to support me and that's that I can ask for right now. Support.

I went over to Heeyee's work place and took a deep breath before entering her office. I gave myself a little talk while walking into her office. "You can do this Minhee. You got this, there's nothing to worry about...right? It's all good, you  are a grown adult and and....I'm only 20. What do I know?" I talked to myself. 

"Talking to yourself?" Heeyee said.
"Aha, was it that obvious?"
She nodded, "You have the look where you it seems like you're talking to someone but you're not." She gave a small laugh.
"Hey, I'm nervous okay. You don't have to meet your real parents for the first time in your life." I stuck my tongue at her.
She nodded her head understanding that I was right. 

Heeyee walked with me into a room where my parents would be waiting to meet me. This is is Minhee, here we go. I took a deep breath before Heeyee opened the door and I would walk into what would seem like childhood again. 

I looked up at their faces to see their reaction. They looked like they were waiting to see their missing child...which..was a similar case...kind of. I could see the joy and pleasure in their eyes. My...mother...was starting to cry. It's weird...even in my mind it's weird to be calling her my mom. Let alone them being my parents. 

"Hi Minhee." Both my parents said.
I bowed, "Hi."
My mother and father walked up to me. I kind of had a scared look but I quickly changed expressions so I wouldn't give them the wrong idea. 
"You're so grown up, and you are so pretty." My father said rubbing my head.
"Absolutely gorgeous." My mother said.
I blushed and gave a small smile. I bowed again. "Thank you." 

I didn't know how to react. I'm still in shock myself. After some small talk, I decided to ask what has been on my mind since I found out about them. "Uhm, can I ask you guys a question?" I said picking at my nails, nervous to even think what their answer was. They smiled and nodded, "Go ahead honey." My mother said holding her hands together with a small smile. I took breath before starting my question. "Why did you guys decide to give me up? Why didn't you guys just keep me, it looks like you guys could've very well raised a child." I realized my last sentence was a bit rude. They looked very wealthy, I mean she was wearing diamonds and he had on a very expensive looking watch. "I'm sorry about that last part...it just kind of...slipped." I said nervously playing with my fingers. 

My mother got up and sat next to me. She gently grabbed my hands and rubbed them with a sad smile.
"No need to be sorry, I understand." She sniffled. 
I looked up at her then back down at my hands in her embrace.
"At the time, we were young. It was after high school ended and our parents didn't allow us to keep you. So we had to give you up, it was the only way to make sure that you grew up safe and healthy. And you sure did." She smiled happily and rubbed my cheek with her soft hands. 
I nodded understanding what she was saying. "Well, I wouldn't have if I didn't leave." I mumbled.
My mother's expression went down. "What do you mean?" She said in a worried tone.
"The home I went to didn't really seem to like me very much, so I ran away here." I said feeling a bit disappointed in.
"If that's how you were feeling then that's a perfectly reasonable reason to run away." My father said with a smile.
 "If you weren't feeling safe and treated, I'm glad you made it on your own and you're safe now." My mother said and gave me a hug.

I was a bit surprised by the sudden movement but I got used to it...a little. I a soft sniffle and thought it was my mother who had cried again but it wasn't coming from her. It was Heeyee. I saw her through the blinds sobbing. I gave a small chuckle. 

_*_

Some time has passed since I've met my real parents. I would say it's been...6months. Having met them made me wonder about my other parents...the one who raised me. I wonder how my siblings are doing. Well they weren't really my siblings, but I still consider them to be. I've told Chasoo and Yonghwa about meeting my parents. Chasoo was surprised and happy for me. Yonghwa was happy that I was happy and congratulated me. My parents don't know that I'm dating Yonghwa, they just think that we're close friends. It almost sounds like they're trying to convince themselves that. It was kind of weird. 

I was over at my parents house getting ready to have dinner with them. "Minhee, can you put these dishes on the table!" My mom called. "Yeah sure." 
I've used to calling her mom. Before I just called her mother. And same with my dad. I'm still not comfortable with it, I always hesitate a little before calling them mom and dad.

"Hey uhm...mom. Why did you have me dress up for dinner?" I asked putting the dishes on the table.
"Because we're having very special guests coming over tonight." She said and smiled. "Which by the way, you look beautiful."
I smiled. "Thanks." I said unsure. I wonder...who's coming tonight?

We cooked dinner and as soon as we finished, the doorbell rang. "Minhee would let in our guests?" My dad said. I went to open the door. I took a deep breath and threw on my friendly face. You know the one when you first meet a stranger. I took another deep breath and opened the door.

"Hello, welcome to our house." I bowed and gave a smile. 


Don don don! Hi there guys! ^^ Left ya hangin a bit there huh? Hmm...I wonder who's at the door? I have a couple ways I could spin this...but not sure which why to spin it...we'll see next chapter huh? Aha, I hope you guys enjoyed this update! I'll see you lovelys in the next :))

Your author,

Sandra :))