Chapter 7

Our Secret

Chapter 7

Seungri

10:00 am

                Keeping it a secret that I was this close to her made me a little anxious. Did the talk with sajangnim go well? All these thoughts were running through my head. I headed down to the hotel’s gym and decided to run.  After my run, I wanted back up to the penthouse but I don’t know if Alyssa had left yet. As I was walking around, I saw sajangmin headed towards the lobby with her and I saw he said something to her and then she left. That’s when I knew it was safe for me to go back to the room.

                “Seunghyun, we need to talk” My boss said.

                “What’s going on? Did you persuade her?” I said.

                “She is willing to give you another chance because of the baby, don’t screw this up”

                “Thank you so much” I said bowing.

                “I don’t like getting into other’s relationships but when a innocent life is involved, it becomes necessary”

                “I know and I am so sorry” I bowed again this time a little lower.

                “I am so disappointed in you, Lee Seunghyun. “

 He walked away to the balcony and I stood there. ‘Disappointed’ I thought. I have really screwed up beyond belief but he did say she would give me another chance so now my decision was to call her or not.

                                                               

                                                                Alyssa

                                                                12 pm

                ‘Give him another chance’ was I ready to see him again. Mr. Yang was right I knew what I was getting into and I was just being selfish. Do I call Seunghyun or do I wait for him to call me was on my mind. Since it was 4 months left, I decided that I had to get the ready for my baby but I live in a one bedroom apartment so I might need to find a house. I called up my mom for the first time since I found out I was pregnant.

                “Hey, mom”

                “Alyssa, is that you? I haven’t heard from you in months.” My mom said happily.

                “Yeah, it’s me. I was wondering do you know any houses for sale”

                “I know a few. You’re finally getting a house though I wonder for what.”

                “Just thought it was time to get my life in order” I couldn’t let her know about the baby.

                “I know you and you would have a reason. What’s going on?” Crap, the lie detector strikes again.

                “I’m pregnant” I cry out.

                “How far along?”

                “5 months” I whispered.

                “5 months, so that means you know for at least 2, right? She shouted

                “Yes” I said dejectedly.

                I heard the breathing on the other line so I knew she was there.

                “Mom, are you there?”

                “I’m here. Who’s the father?” She said.

                “You don’t know him.”

                “I don’t know him. Is he from Georgia?” She questioned

                “No. He isn’t even from the States.”

                “Where is he from then?”

                “South Korea”

                “Long distance relationships don’t work, Alyssa. You’re smart but it appears your brain hasn’t been functioning right. I don’t approve of this and break it off with him and I will find you a decent man who will take care of you and the baby”

                “NO! It’s my life. See this is why I waited to call you. Bye.”

                I hang up the phone and counted to 10. Why was she always in my business? I was emotionally tired so I turned off my phone and went to sleep.