Father's Degree

Love Me, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeon Young Shik is not unknown to the world of business. He’s a smart and diligent businessman as well as a loving father. His wife is no longer alive to be with him; however, he’s a happy man with three daughters with different personality.

The first daughter is Hyojin and she’s a lawyer. She is 27 years old and workaholic. All she ever thinks is work and work and work. She is the smartest compared to the other sisters.

The second daughter is Hyosung. She is 23 years old and still in college majoring in business. One day she’s hoping to take over her father’s business and make it wider. She’s the most bubbly and carefree, doesn’t like to over think about her matters.

The youngest is Hwayoung, a high school student aged 18. She likes to do things in her own way and doesn’t like to be ordered around. She can be a rebel and a cry baby at the same time.

 

The four of them rush to the prestige private hospital. The youngest one is still in her school uniform runs with tears in her eyes. They ignore any question from the nurse and just burst into the white painted door. The four of them stunned looking at the lifeless body on the bed with IV drip on his hand.

“Appa!” Hwayoung shouted and collapse but the eldest manage to grabs her.

She cried harder looking at her father condition. Hyosung tried to calm her down.

“Doctor, mind tells us what happen to our father?” the eldest one, Hyojin asked calmly.

“It was due to high blood pressure. He was tired from all the work and something has been stressing him out these days.” The doctor explains while looking at the board he’s holding.

“Is he going to be okay?” the eldest asked after handling the youngest to Hyosung.

“He needs rest and maybe you can give extra attention to him.” The doctor said with apologetic smiles.

“We will, doctor. Thank you.” Hyojin said and sends the doctor out from the room.

“It’s okay Hwayoung.” Hyosung pats her head slowly, calming their baby sister.

The three of them stares at their father who’s lying down on the bed as silence filled the room. Suddenly, a phone rings.

“Yes, it’s me, Hyojin.” She, who wears formal attire, greeted the person over the phone with a serious tone. She nodded a few times and hung up. Hyosung knew that the phone call must be from the firm.

“Listen, I need to go.” She said, already walks towards the door.

“What about appa?” Hyosung asked, glaring at the older sister.

“Urm…” she trailed, looking at her watch.

“We’ll call when appa wakes up.” Hyosung said sighing in defeated. Hyosung is always the rational one and she knows how much her work means to her.

“Thanks,” Hyojin runs out from the room but they can still hear her heels clicking.

By the time Hyojin left, their father opens his eyes, grunting and mumbling words they can’t understand. The two of them runs to his bed.

“I’ll call the doctor.” Hyosung said hurriedly.

“Appa! Appa!” Hwayoung cried louder.

 

“Hey! What are you spacing about?” one of her friends, Nicole snaps her fingers.

Hyosung startled and narrowed her eyes at her friend for disturbing her.

“Nothing…” she said with a forced smile.

“Come on…don’t lie. Jeon Hyosung never force a smile unless you’re hiding something.” The other friend, Hyuna said.

“Fine. I have to tell you guys sooner or later.” She heaved a deep breath before getting to the point. Her friends are already staring at her waiting for her story.

“It’s my dad…” Hyosung started.

 

[Flashback]

Lying on the bed, her father looks at the three angels in front of him. He smiles weakly.

“I’m getting older…” he coughs. “I’m afraid that I won’t last long.”

“Don’t say that.” Hyosung said while crying at the side.

“I have a last wish…” her father said while caressing the youngest face.

“What is it appa?” Hyojin asked.

“I want…” his father coughs before continue back. “I want a grandchild.” He finally said and the faces of his daughters change.

“You’re joking right?” the eldest boldly asked.

“Unnie!” Hyosung glared at her sister bold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter