Chapter nine

Rescued Intentions

            From the moment he rushed outside of the room to the second he lay in his own bed, Donghae’s heart was racing faster than a horse. He couldn’t understand why his chest would feel as though it were about to burst, or why his mind couldn’t stop going back and forth, but he guessed it had something to do with what happened between the prince and him.

 

 

            There was no way he would be able to face anyone after that, even though no one else knew what actually went down in the large bedroom. There was an aching guilt inside of him that made Donghae think that everyone knew about it.

 

 

            Why, why, why? Why did that happen? How the did I let him k-k-kiss me?! Donghae wanted to scream, his face wouldn’t go back to its normal tanned colour. The flustered brunet figured that the best thing would be to go to sleep and hope it was all a dream. That would mean it never happened and he just had a terrible nightmare.

 

 

            Although there was a part of him that didn’t want it to be a dream.

 

 

 

 

            The next day, the young servant did everything he could to avoid the red head. He took on extra work around the castle, helping out where it wasn’t needed and choosing to hide behind Amber whenever a knight or the prince would pass by. To say the least, the nineteen year old was slowly realising that it wasn’t a dream and his face would be stuck as red as a tomato for the rest of his teenage years, probably.

 

 

            “I don’t get it, what’s your problem today?” Amber asked, her curiosity mixing with annoyance.

 

 

            Donghae sighed, sitting at one of the wooden tables to eat his lunch. A healthy heaping of mystery porridge, odd lumps forming here and there, for his nutritious meal. Not exactly the grade A kind of food he would expect after all the hard work servants do. While he played around with his food, the wooden spoon turning circles in the bowl, the brunet wondered if he could trust Amber with his secret.

 

 

            “Hey, I won’t tell anyone no matter what, I’m even fine with it if you punched prince Eunhyuk again.” She said, as if reading Donghae’s mind.

 

 

            “You promise you won’t say anything about it to anyone?” Donghae asked, receiving an exaggerated nod. “Fine, but not here, let’s go somewhere…quieter.”

 

 

            The two servants settled down in one of the lesser used rooms where they kept weapons and shields. Amber told the elder how not many people used this room because it was so far away from the training grounds. Thinking that they would be safe to talk freely inside, Donghae started to explain what happened.

 

 

            “You know after you left me in the halls yesterday? I went to check on the prince to see what he wanted from me, but he was asleep. So I tucked him in and was about to leave when he started to wake up. So I kinda, uh, hid under his bed.” He said, looking away in embarrassment.

 

 

            “You hid under his bed? It’s not like you were in trouble or anything.”

 

 

            “I didn’t want to be caught staring!”

 

 

            “You were staring at the prince?”

 

 

            “I-I mean…uh well kind of I guess…” Donghae stuttered, hitting his head in frustration, this wasn’t exactly going how he wanted it to.

 

 

            “Alrighty then, what happened next?” Amber asked, “Let me guess, he saw you hiding?”

 

 

            “Yeah, it wasn’t the best plan, I’ll admit.” Donghae chuckled, his face blushing slightly. “I don’t really know what happened next or who started it or whatever, but he was staring at me and I couldn’t look away. Then…we kinda…uh…k-k-kissed…”

 

 

            “Oh. My. Goodness! Seriously? You have got to be kidding me! You actually kissed the prince Eunhyuk?!” Amber shouted, her voice verging on the sound of an excited squeal.

 

 

            “Yes, well no. I mean I didn’t kiss him, he kissed me. I think. Maybe. ! I don’t know.”

 

 

            “Wow, I can’t believe it, the prince likes men.” Amber said thoughtfully, her eyes looking into the distance.

 

 

            “No, no, no, no. He doesn’t because that would mean he likes me, right? So it can’t be possible.” Donghae rambled, biting his nails in an attempt to calm himself.

 

 

            “You guys kissed though right? It’s obvious that one of you has to have feelings for the other if that happened, and if it’s not you, then it is Eunhyuk.” She reasoned, a sly grin creeping onto her lips. “Unless…you like the prince.”

 

 

            “Hell no! There is no way in all the kingdoms that I could ever like that ignorant, self-centred, arrogant, crazy, rude, spoiled brat.” Donghae put emphasis on each word, spitting them out with a hint of hatred. Although when he had finished speaking, there was a lingering feeling in his stomach that made him feel guilty for saying that.

 

 

            “Well you know what they say, a strong denial is an affirmation. Maybe you do like him, you just haven’t come to terms with it yet. So when you do accept it, be thankful that he likes you too.”

 

 

            “You are talking crazy, he’s the bastard that has ruined my life, and I could have died because of him!”

 

 

            “But instead you were saved because of the prince.” The blonde insisted, her interest piqued more than ever. “I’ve never seen the two of you together before, but think about it. Aren’t there any times when he’s done something out of character to make you think that he thinks differently of you?”

 

 

            Donghae shut his mouth, actually thinking the question over. It was true, what the seventeen year old said. When he was crying with Kyuhyun and the prince suddenly showed up, bringing him back to the castle. A normal master would either kill, fire, or pay no attention to his servant in that situation. Then when he awoke in the prince’s room , but he was clean and his bandages had been changed. Something unlike a master and servant relationship.

 

 

            To top it all off, there was the sensual kiss they shared the night before. It may have been slightly innocent, lips moving gently against each other, but the reason behind stood as a mystery.

 

 

            “What are you two doing in here?” A loud voice came from the entrance of the room.

 

 

            Startled, the two servants quickly stood up and looked towards the person who had called them. Unfortunately, luck didn’t seem to be on Donghae’s side as the three men walked further into the small room, all of them familiar faces. Kangin standing in front of them with an air of duty, followed by Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk.

 

 

            Donghae bit his lip, shifting behind Amber in search for some way to hide his already bright red face. Although it didn’t do much as the young girl was quite shorter than him, and the two received strange looks from the three men.

 

 

            “Oho, already getting a move on with the other servants, are you Donghae? I didn’t know you liked little boys.” Kyuhyun chuckled, punching Donghae’s arm lightly in the show of proudness.

 

 

            “Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, you know very well I’m a girl!” Amber shouted, catching Donghae by surprise. He looked at his new friend as if she were mad, while silently asking how she knew Kyuhyun.

 

 

            “Oh, is that you Amber? I had no idea. Even better, he’s getting friendly with a girl.” Kyuhyun smirked, gaining enjoyment from his teasing.

 

 

            “T-That’s really not what’s going on…” Donghae stuttered, avoiding the prince’s eyes and praying to god that the three of them didn’t hear what they were talking about.

 

 

            “Too bad, you would have made a good couple.” The boy said, pursing his lips and staring at each individual in the room. Kangin was holding in his urge to scream at the servants for slacking off when they should be working. Amber was glaring at the seventeen year old, ready to smack his head if the prince weren’t there. Then there was Donghae and the prince himself.

 

 

            It wasn’t too odd for the prince to be silent and not interfere with things that don’t matter to him. Although right now his eyes were fixed on the two servants, specifically the brunet who was also acting weirdly. While the prince’s stare was unreadable, something Kyuhyun had never seen before, Donghae was acting somewhat obvious. He wouldn’t look Eunhyuk in the eyes, and whenever he glanced over for a few seconds his face would turn an even brighter shade of red. Did our Donghae do something to the prince again? Kyuhyun though, hoping that his best friend wouldn’t try to have the brunet killed again.

 

 

            “You two should get back to work now, and make sure that you don’t get caught like this again.” Kangin said, pushing Amber and Donghae out of the room.

 

 

            “Dear Kanginnie, are you suggesting that we should do this again as long as you don’t find out about it?” Amber said, fluttering her eyes and acting innocent.

 

 

            “I-I don’t know…w-what you are speaking about…Don’t call me so comfortably like that!” Kangin burst out, his words becoming a flustered mess.

 

 

            The large raccoon like man, the knight wannabe, and the young tomboy headed out of the weapons room ahead of Donghae and Eunhyuk. The room was left in an awkward and tense silence that neither of them were sure of what to do. Slowly, Donghae began to shuffle his way outside, but his wrist was harshly pulled back by the red head.

 

 

            “We need to talk.” He said, tugging the boy’s arm away from the exit.

 

 

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s nothing to speak of.” Donghae replied, surprised that he didn’t stammer at all.

 

 

            “About you and Amber,” Eunhyuk looked dead straight into Donghae’s eyes. “And what happened last night.”

 

 

            “N-Nothing happened last night,” Donghae stuttered, looking away. “And I don’t see why I need to explain anything about Amber and me.”

 

 

            “You’re my servant, so I need to know if you’re in a relationship because it will affect your work habits.” Eunhyuk’s voice was cold, his stare piercing the brunet’s ear like a sharp knife.

 

 

            “We’re just friends, I met her a few days ago and she’s the only person who’s been kind enough to be friends with me. Now let me go,”

 

 

            “Just friends? Fine, I’ll believe you for now.” Eunhyuk sighed, letting his grip loosen around Donghae’s wrist. “But we still need to discuss last night. Something like that can’t be dismissed with a shrug or denial.”

 

 

            “I’m telling you, nothing happened. It was just in your imagination or something, so don’t worry about it and drink some tea to get rid of those nightmares.”

 

 

            “What if, it wasn’t a nightmare? What if,” the prince put his free hand on Donghae’s face, turning him so that he was facing the red head. “I wanted it to happen?” 

 

Subscribe, Comment, Enjoy ^^