Chapter four

Rescued Intentions

   Donghae stood outside of the royal stables, waiting for a certain knight who was running very late. He was told to wait there for the younger male so that they could go and see how his mother was doing. Not wanting to cause a commotion or get in trouble, the brunet decided to get there early so that the other wouldn't have to wait impatiently for him. Although now it seems as though it is Donghae who must wait impatiently.

 

   Blowing hot air out of his mouth to blow his bangs out of his face, he crossed his arms. What the is taking him so long? The brunet couldn't help but to curse at the other for being late, he was usually very patient and kind, just not when it came to his mother's well being. Isn't he supposed to be a knight?! What kind of-

 

   “Hey! Sorry I'm late!” A voice cut the brunet out of his thoughts. Darting his head upwards and out of the puddle of negative thinking, Donghae watched as a seemingly out of breath boy ran up to him.

 

   “You're late.” He grit out, not able to hold in his thoughts.

 

   “They should really event some sort of time counting device so that this doesn't happen.” Kyuhyun mused, placing a hand on his chin.

 

   “It's called the sun.” Donghae stated, unfolding his arms. “And the church bells ring every hour.”

 

   Kyuhyun chuckled, reaching out a hand to pat the elder on his head. “You're funny, kid.”

 

   “I'm not a kid, and aren't you younger than me?” Donghae retorted, pouting as he whacked the hand from his head.

 

   “Are you sure you should be disrespectful to a knight of the royal palace?” The taller suddenly changed his tone of voice into a serious and chilling one.

 

   “U-Uh...” Donghae stuttered, not quite sure what to make of the sudden change in personality.

 

   Smirking, the boy leaned down to Donghae's height. Bringing his mouth to the brunet's ear, he softly whispered. “I'm not even a proper knight yet, you idiot.” Startled at the sudden confession, the blacksmith jumped back with a shocked expression. All while the younger burst out laughing.

 

   “Yah! How is that even funny?!” Donghae shouted, covering his ear that was slightly sensitive to the warm air.

 

   “Now then, do you wish to continue flirting here, or would you rather go see your mother?”

 

   “F-F-Flirting?!”

 

   “Aw, how cute. He's blushing.”

 

   “S-Shut up!”

 

   And this was how the short journey into the towns, turned into an exciting journey with unknown quarrels ahead.

 

 

   “I thought you only wanted to go to your old house?” Kyuhyun half asked half complained as they stood outside the blacksmith's shop.

 

   “You can't expect me to come home without even checking in on my master.” Donghae said as he entered the small shop.

 

   He took in a deep breath of the familiar scent that surrounded him. It was the usual smell of burning iron that he was used to, and it made him feel almost at home again. Like the past couple of days had never happened. Why can't I just come back to this?

 

   “You'd better not be thinking of running away or something.” The younger said as he absentmindedly played with the tools on the wall.

 

   “What would give you that kind of an idea?” Donghae sputtered, wondering if the red haired boy could read minds.

 

   “Because I can read minds.”

 

   The look that crossed over Donghae's face next, could be compared to that of an owl who just got his breakfast stolen from him by a leprechaun. Although it changed to that of anger and disbelief as soon as he saw how Kyuhyun's face distorted in uproarious laughter. Bending over and holding his stomach as he continued to make fun of the brunet.

 

   “Seriously? How old do you think you are?” Donghae asked, diverting his attention from the wannabe knight to search for the shop owner.

 

   “Well, people say I'm like a twelve year old. But I think I could be much wiser than an old grandpa.” He replied, wiping a tear from his eye that had escaped during his outburst. “I'm really seventeen if you were wondering.”

 

   Donghae scoffed and called out for the old man a few times. Now that he thought about it, it didn't seem that there was anyone in the shop. Maybe he's gone out? He wondered to himself, pursing his lips and walking out of the shop to their horses.

 

   “He's not here, so we'll just go to my house instead.” Donghae told Kyuhyun, waiting for him to get on the chestnut coloured horse beside his black one.

 

   “Donghae? Lee Donghae?! Is that you?” An aged voice hollered out just before they could leave. Catching their attention, both boys turned their head's to see an old lady with a shocked expression walking up the middle of the road.

 

   “Granny Oh?” Donghae asked as soon as the woman came up to his horse. “Do you know where the blacksmith is?”

 

   “He's at your mother's house. But never mind that! Shouldn't you be dead? Hung at the gallows?” She asked.

 

   “Would you rather I be there than here?” Donghae asked cheekily, faking hurt.

 

   “Eh you know what I mean. I'm just glad that you're alive! But tell me, did you have to sell your body to this young man for your freedom?” At the words that left her shrivelled up mouth, Donghae choked on air and nearly fell off his horse.

 

   “N-No, granny you got it all wro-” A finger crashed against the brunet's lips cutting him off.

 

   “You're right there, old lady. This young and innocent boy was about to be dealt the worst punishment when I came across him. It was love at first sight, his handsome features, delicious chocolate abs, and toned muscles, just made me want to-”

 

   “Yah! What do you think-”

 

   “Now, now, you don't have to be ashamed of my love for your body. I know you'll love mine just as much.” Kyuhyun purred in an almost seductive growl towards the older boy, whose face was flushing a bright red.

 

   “Aigo, young kids these days. I wish I was so active in my younger age.” The older woman cooed and smiled fondly. “I'm just glad that you could save our dear Donghae from such a fate.”

 

   “It was my pleasure. Now if you'll excuse us, we need to get to a room with a bed.” Kyuhyun finished with a grin and a wink towards the elderly woman who waved them off.

 

   Once they were away from the town and headed towards their destination, the nineteen year old decided to let out all of his feelings that were held in.

 

   “How could you say something so absurd like that to granny Oh!? It's not even one bit true! I would rather die than sell my body to some sly guy like you! And, you're way younger than me!” Donghae yelled at the top of his lungs, scaring away most of the wildlife and almost frightening the horses to run away.

 

   “Even if I like your attitude and braveness to stand up to those higher up than you, I have my limits too. You shouldn't be talking to someone of noble blood like that.” Kyuhyun said in all seriousness. “And, you know what? It's really not that nice to say that to someone who is willing to help you like this. I could have refused Hyukjae and have you never see your mother again. Hell, I could have even disagreed with you and let you die.”

 

   Donghae shut his mouth and listened to what the younger one had to say. Deciding that it would at least be decent to hold in his protests until the latter was finished speaking.

 

   “Is trying to lighten up this awful mood with humour so bad?” The red head asked, turning his head to look at the other with honest eyes. Something Donghae wouldn't expect to see from someone from noble blood. No, you can't think that he is different. They are all the same.

 

   “You are all the same. You noble blooded bastards can only think that they should be respected and everyone else should bow down to them. I-If you can say that you could have had me killed instead of live, then w-what makes you d-different than all the others who k-kill relentlessly?” Donghae's words were dripping with hatred and sadness. He couldn't hold in his feelings when there were so many memories willing to drown him.

 

   Clenching his hands around the reins, he nudged his horse to go faster in the right direction.

 

   “It's this way.” Donghae muttered to Kyuhyun, willing away his tears and making sure the younger wouldn't see him in a weak state. Not that crying was worse than begging for your life on your knees.

 

 

   They soon arrived at a small cabin in the middle of the woods. It was well built and aged, having been there for several decades, the changing weather wearing it down slowly. Being the only house for a while, there was a lot of privacy, although there were a few break-ins over the years. Usually there would be a strong man to send the robbers away.

 

   Donghae got down from his horse and took a moment to admire his wood cabin that he grew up in. He walked up to the front of the house, and was about to knock on the door, when a strong hand grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around. Kyuhyun looked into the brunet's eyes intently, just standing there in each other's presence for a minute.

 

   “I don't know what I ever did to you, or what dramatic thing happened in your life to make you this way.” The seventeen year old started, his mature voice giving him years in age. “But you can't forget that we're all human. It's not my fault for being born who I am, or yours for being you. Neither is it our fault for having whatever ever fate we are meant to have.”

 

   “What are you trying to do?” Donghae asked, his voice tired, wanting only to go inside and see his mother again.

 

   “Whatever your problem is, we all have our secrets. Our pasts that we don't want to talk about. Siwon, Kangin, myself, even Hyukjae. Not everyone can be categorized as one person, so think about that before you start blaming people for something they didn't do.”

 

   Kyuhyun's serious face and meaningful voice calmed Donghae's raging self somewhat. The different emotions that coursed inside of him cancelled each other out, leaving the boy not knowing what to do. Seeing the elder's hesitance, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and hugged him tightly.

 

Did you like the KyuHae?

 

Donghae meets Mom in the next update. So there's that. 

 

What is going on with Donghae and nobles? Might be answered in next update too. No promises.

 

Comment and Subscribe and Enjoy!