Epilogue

Rescued Intentions

Make sure to read everything before this because this is the epilogue and it could be a double update for you ^^

 

            “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, what the am I going to do?” Donghae cursed, repeating his worries like a mantra. He figured that if he said everything was going to be alright, then by some kind of magic it would. “It’s okay, calm down, it’s okay…Oh my god, oh my god!”

 

            “Yah! Would you just calm your nerves?! It’s giving me a headache!” Amber shouted, rubbing her temples to tell her brother that she was getting a migraine.

 

            “And stop that pacing, I can’t work my magic with you standing up and walking all over the place.” Ryeowook scolded, pushing Donghae back on the chair in front of the large mirror.

 

            Donghae looked at his reflection. A soft blue vest covered a white as snow tunic. His face was cleaned and the small blemishes were covered with a bit of powder. Ryeowook was applying a stick of charcoal around his eyes, the colour similar to soot that came from a chimney. The makeup accentuated his eyes and when it was done, Donghae looked absolutely different. The only thing left to do was style his hair perfectly.

 

            “I still don’t see why I am not allowed to do his hair. I would do a better job than a child.” Zhoumi, the local merchant who had grown close to Donghae from his many trips into the castle, grumbled from the corner, pouting as he crossed his arms.

 

            “Mimi, sweety, I’ve known him longer, and I have more fashion sense. Plus I’m not a child!” Ryeowook screamed, flinging a bottle of perfume his way. The tall male dodged the bottle and the glass broke apart on the wooden door.

 

            Just as it opened to reveal a shocked and somewhat scared Henry, Amber’s boyfriend. “What in the world was that?” He asked, stepping over the broken glass on the floor.

 

            “Ah, mochi, so good of you to join this hell house.” Amber said sarcastically, welcoming the blond in her arms.

 

            “I would have done a great job, if you ask me, and yes you are a child. You’re like seven years younger than me.” Zhoumi argued, not fazed at all by barely dodging the perfume bottle.

 

            “Yah! Who’s been throwing things? Only Kim Heechul can throw things in baby Hae’s presence!” Heechul roared, storming into the room and ducking past a furious Ryeowook to hug Donghae.

 

            “Chullie-ah…” Donghae whimpered. He was already stressed out and ready to puke, the constant noise from his friends was driving him insane. Not to mention that the small room they were occupying couldn’t bear to fit even one more person inside.

 

            “That’s it! Everyone out!” Heechul yelled, clearing the room in an instant. “You can stay, Amber.” He said, pulling the girl back inside the room.

 

            “God I just need some peace and quiet.” Donghae groaned, bending his head in between his knees, careful not to smudge the makeup. If there was anything he didn’t want to go through again, it was being yelled at by Ryeowook for ruining his masterpiece.

 

            “Good luck with that.” Amber scoffed, sitting down in a chair beside Donghae. “You’re lucky Heechul came just in time. A little longer and you would have had a break down.”

 

            “As long as you don’t run away on us, this is an important day after all.” Heechul smiled, picking up a brush and combing Donghae’s hair.

 

            “How’s everything going? No. Wait. Don’t tell me. I don’t want to know.” Donghae rambled, sitting on his hands to resist the urge to bite his fingernails off.

 

            “Everything is fine, you don’t have to worry about a thing.”

 

            “I just want to quickly get this over with.”

 

            “That’s not really something the bride should be saying on his wedding.” Heechul stated.

 

            “Okay, those two things do not go together. I’m a male, and brides are females.”

 

            “You’re just too pretty to be a groom. Leave that stuff for your idiot soon-to-be husband.”

 

            The mere mention of that word sent shivers down Donghae’s spine. He was a ball of nerves, there was too much happening to process. On top of studying to become the best queen/king to Eunhyuk, he had to prepare for his wedding and make sure that all of the kingdom’s citizens were happy and okay with the marriage.

 

            “Then, will I be Hyuk’s queen? Or his king? You can’t have two kings, right? So does that make me the queen?” Donghae asked, he was starting to confuse both himself and the two others in the room.

 

            “Don’t think of confusing things, for the sake of normalcy let’s say you’re going to be queen.” Amber said, trying to calm her brother down. He had hardly slept the last week, the brunet was a mess of excitement and anxiety.

 

            The ceremony was finally here, rulers of great kingdoms, noble knights, and famous scholars had travelled across land and seas to watch the historical marriage between two men. No one was opposed to their love, there were a few skeptics along the way, but Eunhyuk and Donghae’s love proved everyone that something new and strange isn’t always a bad thing.

 

            The king had passed his crown onto Eunhyuk and retired to watch his son grow without restraints. After they were officially married, Donghae would be given an elegant crown and a throne directly beside Eunhyuk.

 

            “There, you’re all done, we just need a bouquet and we can wait for the ceremony to start.” Heechul said, showing Donghae his reflection in the mirror.

 

            It was amazing what a few touches here and there with a hairbrush and makeup could do. He looked like a completely different person, he was beautiful, but he knew what his lover would say to him. Some cheesy line that would get him deeper in the good books.

 

            Donghae’s mother had made a full recovery, she was back to her normal self and happier than ever. Donghae had tried to coax her into living in the castle with him, but she refused, saying that she wanted to live in the house that she had shared with her husband. It was the only thing she had left of him, other than Donghae.

 

            The blacksmith had found a child prodigy in the next town over, a boy from overseas who went by the name of Tao. He was highly skilled and Donghae’s old master saw the makings of a blacksmith in him. Donghae would often miss forging, the hiss of iron sizzling in water, but his life was in the castle now, with his first love.

 

            “Where are those bumbling idiots?” Heechul asked, looking around in the halls. “They’d better already be inside.”

 

            The brunet had gained many valuable friends along the way. The king’s private councillor, Heechul, being one of them.

 

            “Kyuhyun says they’re ready now, we can go in.” Amber informed them, waiting for Donghae to calm down before she could have the guards open the doors.

 

            “Do you want me to walk you down the aisle?” Heechul asked, turning to the shaking soon-to-be married boy. “Or do you have someone else in mind?”

 

            “Nah, you’re fine…” Donghae said. In these moments, he wished that his father was still alive, so that he could be there to give him away. “You’re kind of like an overprotective parent to me.”

 

            “Good, it’ll be my pleasure.” Heechul winked at the younger and linked their arms together.

 

            Amber took this as the time to have the doors opened. As soon as they creaked apart, music played from the band in a corner, helping Donghae to calm his nerves.

 

            The wedding was held in the throne room, its large interior could hold thousands of people. There were blue and red decoration around the room, the red carpet was slowly littered with different flower petals as Donghae and Heechul walked towards the end of the room.

 

            When they neared the end, Donghae looked up. He bit his lip, and suddenly it was just the two of them.

 

            Sure, they had had their rough patches, a few fights here and there, but something like that couldn’t stop them from loving each other. In the end, Donghae had become more understanding and kind to those around him. Eunhyuk had thrown his fearful ways of ruling into the trash as soon as the brunet stepped into his life. It was no longer a servant to master relationship, they were together and the bond that they shared would last forever.

 

            Eunhyuk stood in the middle of the hall, Kyuhyun, Siwon and Kangin standing to the side of him. Donghae hugged Heechul as he let go and took his place next to Amber, Ryewook, and Zhoumi.

 

            Standing in front of him, Donghae’s breath caught in his throat. Eunhyuk had jet black hair and wore his perfectly fitting uniform. His sword rested at his hip, and Donghae suddenly felt underdressed.

 

            “You’re especially handsome today, Hyuk.” Donghae whispered.

 

            “And you look exactly the same, as beautiful as a rose in a valley of daisies.” Eunhyuk whispered back.

 

            “What does that even mean?”

 

            “You look great, Hae.”

 

            The two smiled at each other, and the priest began the ceremony. In the blink of an eye, after simply enjoying the other’s presence, the two were asked to say their vows.

 

            “Lee Donghae, I promise to love you forever and ever, as long as I live, I shall love you. You are undoubtedly the best thing that has happened to me in these dark ages. I don’t know what would be of me if you hadn’t come to my side. My intentions may have been cruel and cold-hearted, but you’ve rescued them all. I vow to be with you and protect you with all my heart.” Eunhyuk smiled, gripping Donghae’s hands in his.

 

            “Lee Hyukjae, I will always love you, till death do us part, right? It doesn’t matter to me who you used to be, or if other’s don’t see you as perfect. To me, you’re everything I could ever want, to me you’re perfect in every way, so I vow to always love you, no matter the obstacles we may face.” Donghae sniffled, his vision was blurring from the tears in his eyes.

 

            The priest told them to kiss, and they gladly complied. It wasn’t sensual in any way, they were elated with the fact that they could be together now. They were happily married with their friends by their sides.

 

            It was like a fairy tale ending, Donghae and Eunhyuk loved each other from the bottom of their hearts. The first ever time that a peasant married a royal king, but titles didn’t matter to them. They would both go on to rule the greatest kingdom, and they lived happily ever after.

 

 

Well, here it is, I hope you liked my story! It's been a journey filled with EunHae, thank you for all your support along the way. Some of your comments have brought me to tears with happiness, I cannot express how lovely you all are <3 @^@ I'm embarrassing myself...

Subscribe, Comment, Enjoy ^^ It's over, don't cry, it's ok, it's a happy ending, I'm no good with mushy stuff