Chapter eighteen

Rescued Intentions

            If he thought his heart was beating quickly before the king, Donghae’s heart was about to explode standing in front of the more familiar wooden doors. The large entrance to a world the brunet never thought he would come to know. It led into a vast universe of princes, knights, and romance.

 

            The servant could remember when he was first in these halls; shirtless, wounded, and prepared to do anything to live. Back then his mind had raced and he had been filled with bottled up rage ready to blow. If he hadn’t expressed his feelings so strongly, the boy wouldn’t be alive today.

 

            It’s funny how a few actions, no matter how big or small, can affect someone’s life so much. If the king had never killed Donghae’s father, Donghae wouldn’t hate noblemen so much and he wouldn’t have punched Eunhyuk on their first encounter. If Donghae’s mother had fallen in love with the king instead his father, Eunhyuk and Donghae may never have been born. There are so many times when their paths may have never crosses, but in the end it is all left up to fate.

 

            It’s the hardships, the struggles, the times where you’ve been so consumed in emotions you wanted to die. Those difficult moments are what shape one’s life. Although fate many inevitably brought them together, it wouldn’t have been as strong. The relationship that bloomed from death, greed, and lies would be the strongest to visit the kingdom since its creation.

 

            Donghae slowly knocked on the door, taking in a shaky breath. His palms were sweaty and he really didn’t want to mess this up, though it would be a little dumb if everything was ruined over sticky hands.

 

            As he waited for the doors to open, the boy ran through what he was going to say. How he should word everything and the different scenarios that could happen. He hoped that it would all go without a hitch, but one can never have every single thing be perfect. For all he knows, Kyuhyun could barge in and interrupt like he often does. Well, here’s hoping Kyuhyun is far, far, away.

 

            The door opened suddenly to reveal Kyuhyun with a surprised look on his face. As soon as he saw the older teen, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug. Speak of the devil, Donghae chuckled.

 

            “Did you just get back? Geez I thought you’d never return!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, removing himself and lowering his voice. “Are you here to see you-know-who? Is it a surprise?”

 

            “Yeah, about an hour ago actually, and I guess I can turn it into a surprise, I wasn’t really counting on you coming out of his room.”

 

            “Oh don’t mind me, that rude son of a is all yours now.” The young boy smiled, sending the other a wink as he bounced off in a happy mood to tell the others about Donghae’s return.

 

            Walking inside the room with caution, Donghae looked around in search of a certain red head. Nearing the centre of the room, Donghae laid his eyes upon the back of the prince. He was standing by the window, looking out at the kingdom, waiting for someone he hoped would come back.

 

            “Who was it?” Prince Eunhyuk asked, stopping the servant in his tracks. “Kyuhyun, did you send them away?” Donghae didn’t answer, he remained quiet with a faint smile across his lips after merely hearing the other’s voice. “Kyuhyun…Donghae?”

 

            Eunhyuk finally turned around and caught sight of the brunet standing in the middle of his room like a birthday present waiting to be opened. It nearly brought tears to his eyes as he ran to the younger boy, embracing him strongly. He was ecstatic to see that Donghae had returned, he had come back, and the prince hoped that he was back for good now.

 

            “Hello to you too.” Donghae whispered into Eunhyuk’s ear, rubbing the elder’s back to calm him.

 

            The two stood unmoving for a few minutes, enjoying each other’s presence. The air was quiet and soft, sending loving sensations through each of their bodies. When they finally broke apart, both Eunhyuk’s and Donghae’s eyes were b with tears. They had only been apart for a little more than two days, yet to them it felt like an eternity without each other.

 

            “Donghae…have you made your decision?”

 

            Donghae nodded, bringing a hand up to wipe away Eunhyuk’s tears. “Don’t cry, you’re going to make me cry too. I’ve made my choices, I talked with my mother and I just returned from speaking with your father.” Eunhyuk tensed, his hand gripping Donghae’s arm. “There, there, everything has been sorted out.”

 

            The prince buried his head in his servant’s chest, he wanted to cry out of happiness. He had his Donghae back, he was with him now, and he only had to hear him say those words, which startled the butterflies in his stomach, to make him at ease.

 

            “I forgave your father, even though he’s a cruel man, that’s all in the past now. I know that what’s happened can’t be changed, no matter how hard I try, my father won’t come back, but that’s okay because I have so many good people in my life now, and you top the list.” Donghae said, the red hair to soothe the older boy.

 

            “I love you, Donghae. Everything about you I hold dear, your forgiving and kind soul that changed me, and is still changing me. There are so many things that I could say to right now, but they wouldn’t be able to express how much I truly love you.” Eunhyuk wiped his tears away, staring into Donghae’s eyes.

 

            “Eunhyuk…I would probably die before returning those words to you, if I hadn’t come to know the man you really are. I love you too, it doesn’t matter that I’m a servant or that your father killed mine, I love you for who you are, not for who you’re related to.” The brunet smiled and leaned up to place a kiss on the red head’s lips.

 

            It was a slow and soft kiss, full of their need to be together. Their emotions seeped through their bones, soaking each other in a blanket of love. It was as soft and fluffy as a blanket made of sheep wool, embracing each other in the warmness.

 

            Between the locking of the door and their grasping hands, the two somehow ended up on the bed. Limbs entangled and bodies connected, they cried their hearts out in ways they never knew. Heart filled kisses and touches that left burning patches wherever they went, it was one of their true moments to be together. Body and soul, they were one, loving each other from the bottom of their being.

 

 

 

 

            Donghae woke up in the embrace of two strong arms. His pressing against Eunhyuk’s warm chest. Snuggling into the covers, the boy let out a soft sigh of contentment. He was finally actually happy, rid of any pressing concerns or hate. Donghae had had many good moments in his life; earning his first payment, receiving praise from the townsfolk, eating his favourite food, but this moment was quickly topping that list.

 

            The red head grumbled in his sleep, pulling the brunet closer and rolling over until he was atop the boy. Donghae was trapped underneath the surprisingly heavy man, but he didn’t want to wake the sleeping beauty. It was almost like a dream, laying in a bed fit for any man, in the arms of his first love. He knew and understood his father’s death and had talked it over with his mother and the king. The boy felt like he was experiencing a sort of surreal vacation away from all the troubles of daily life.

 

            “Mmm…” Eunhyuk murmured something in his sleep, his face was pressed against Donghae’s chest with his arms wrapped around the other’s waist. “…love…Hae…forever…” The red head smiled, his eyes shut closed.

 

            Donghae chuckled and squeezed Eunhyuk tightly, never wanting this moment to end. If it were up to him, he would gladly spend the rest of his life in the man’s arms. He would even happily die right then and there, as long as the last thing he saw was Eunhyuk’s smiling face.

 

            Their lives may be far apart, social status and how they’ve lived up until now, but Donghae believed that they could work anything and everything out. The king had given his permission, Donghae’s mother was happy no matter what, and the couple definitely loved each other. There was only one small concern that slowly ate away at the nineteen year old boy’s mind. Would the people of the kingdom be okay with our relationship?

 

            The kingdom was built by the people, for the people. If it weren’t for its citizens, the vast kingdom they lived in now wouldn’t be around. Donghae felt that something new and strange that had never been heard of before, might not go over so well with the majority of the population. It was true that Donghae knew and was good friends with a large chunk of the people in the lower towns. They would all be pleased no matter who Donghae loved, but it was still unheard of, for a peasant to marry into the royal family; and a male marrying a male at that!

 

            Aish, why am I even thinking of marriage right now? We barely managed to get where we are right now. Donghae sighed, his hand unconsciously caressing Eunhyuk’s back. He gripped the red head tighter, cuddling closer to the other in hopes that it would rid him of the worry he began to feel. Can our relationship really work out?

 

            “Donghae?” Eunhyuk asked, his y and hoarse voice making the younger blush. “What time is it?”

 

            “Morning, I-I think…” The brunet said, turning his head to the side.

 

            “Hmm, I’m still sleepy…” The red head poked his face into the side of Donghae’s chest. “Hey, you remember when we first met?”

 

            “Y-yeah, you tried to steal my best sword and you had the nerve to insult my master.”

 

            “Ehem, that’s uh, all in the past though…”

 

            “You’re the one who brought it up.”

 

            “Well you remember how I called you a ruffian?”

 

            “You’ve practically called me that every day since I’ve been here.”

 

            “As I was saying, that’s all in the past, right? Time to become better people.” Donghae giggled, planting a loving kiss on Eunhyuk’s red hair.

 

            “Just know that you’d better not call me those names again.”

 

            “Yes, yes. You really saved me, Donghae, so I’ll save the name calling for the bedroom.”

 

            “W-Wha—E-Eunhyuk…” The boy stuttered, unable to form words.

 

            “What’s the matter? Your face is all red.” Eunhyuk said, propping himself up and cupping the other’s cheeks before a devilish smirk graced his lips.

 

            “W-What are you d-doing?” Donghae squeaked when Eunhyuk began to nibble on his flesh. The red head pulled himself closer to the other, lowering his head to nibble and on Donghae’s ear. “Y-Yah!”

 

            “Is my little HaeHae feeling embarrassed after yesterday?” His eyes were playful and he dared to the side of Donghae’s hot cheek. “Or is it because of our positions right now?”

 

            Suddenly, just like that, Donghae became strongly aware of his and their closeness. Even after doing something like that the night before, the shy boy couldn’t help feel his cheeks heat up. He had a firm urge to escape quickly before Eunhyuk does anything more to him. It would be the death of the poor boy if someone were to walk in on them now, as it often did happen.

 

            “Ohoho, what have we got here?” Just kill me now, Donghae hid his face behind his arms at the sound of Kyuhyun entering the room. “What a flat you’ve got, Hyuk.”

 

            “Bastard, why do you always seem to find the most inconvenient time to walk in on us?” Eunhyuk groaned, the two desperately wanted to scream in frustration. Eunhyuk out of being forced to stop his fun, and Donghae for utter embarrassment.

 

            “Oh please, I was going to check on you two last night, but I had the decency to come back when the and pleading of ‘Hyukkie! Yes!’ and ‘Hae, baby!’ had finally stopped.” Kyuhyun said, crossing his arms in disappointment. “I never thought my innocent HaeHae could turn into such an animal.”

 

            “Kyuhyun! You ing ! How would you know what he’s like in bed? Huh? You ing watched, ya sick bastard.” Eunhyuk huffed, sliding off of the tomato faced boy in order to pull a pair of pants on.

 

            “Yah! Why are you making those kinds of assumptions about me? I didn’t do anything!” Kyuhyun screamed although he was already slowly backing away from the room.

 

            “Aish, get back here Kyu!” Eunhyuk was about to run after the other when he turned around to Donghae with an angelic smile. He kissed the brunet’s forehead, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. “I’ll be back, okay? Don’t worry about anything when you’re alone, okay? I’ll make sure everything will work out just fine.”

 

            Donghae nodded his head, pouting as he watched his half- lover sprint out of the room.

 

            “How is he able to read my mind like that?”

 

            “Oh! Who can read minds? That’s so cool!” Amber asked, walking into the room with Ryeowook who was carrying the prince’s breakfast, along with another plate for Donghae.

 

            “Figured you’d be in here, brought some extra breakfast for the hungry carnivores after the hectic night you’ve probably had.” Ryeowook said, smiling as he set each plate on the table.

 

            “Oh my god, guys can you please just—” Donghae was cut off when Amber flung herself onto the bed, laying on her stomach and looking intently at the older boy.

 

            “So, how was your night?” She asked, her voice hinting that something a little more mature than sleeping happened.

 

            “Yeah, you’d better give us all the details.” Ryeowook said, joining the girl on the bed.

 

            “Seriously you two, first Kyuhyun and now this.” Donghae sighed, pulling the bedcovers closer to his body. It was bad enough that the mischievous knight wannabe had seen him , now his two best friends?

 

            “So that’s who prince Eunhyuk was chasing.” The blue haired boy said, like everything made sense now.

 

            “Now come on, out with the good stuff.” Amber pressed.

 

            “I don’t know, what exactly do you want to know?”

 

            “Y’know, was he gentle or rough? Did it hurt? How does it work exactly? Was it good? Did he kiss you a lot?” Amber rattled off question after question, making his already red face look like it was about to explode.

 

            “Of course they kissed, they’ve kissed before so obviously they’ll do it when they do this.” Ryeowook told the girl, Amber nodding her head in understanding.

 

            “Um, okay, well it hurt a lot, at first, but he makes everything feel better in the long run. I think it was good, I mean it was my first time and all, but I really liked it, and oh my goodness what am I telling you two! This’ll be all over the castle by lunch!” Donghae screamed, palming his cheeks.

 

            “No way! We wouldn’t tell a soul! Except for maybe Kyuhyun, Siwon, Kangin, the chef, my friend Heechul, this really hot guy Yesung…” Ryeowook said, numbering off of his fingers.

 

            “Oh and I have to tell Kyrstal, Sulli, Henry—”

 

            “That’s it! I can’t tell you guys anything! I’m surprised things like this haven’t gotten out before.” Donghae burst, shutting the two up.

 

            “Fine, fine, we won’t say a word…for half a fortnight.” Ryeowook settled, pinky promising the girl beside him. “Just tell us one more thing about it.”

 

            “Okay… If you thought the prince was a monster in reality, he’s ten times more of a beast in bed, and a y one at that.” Donghae laughed, his face reddening, if that was even possible.

 

            It looked like it was going to be a good life ahead of him. One where he could spend his days with those closest to him, filled with laughs and love.

 


I'm done. OMG I think I'm done. This is the end. It was nice knowing you. I think I'll cry. Right before the deadline for the eunhaedesires writing contest. I kind of can't believe that this is the end. I don't know about that ending, but I hope you like it! Should I post an epilogue for the happy couple? Maybe. 

I really love you all, like you guys are some seriously chill and rocking awesome people, like I love you everytime I see a comment or a new subscriber, I may not act like it but I really love you, even if I'd never say it out loud to your faces cuz that'd make me a creepy stalker. O.o *ehem*

I hoped you liked this!

Subscribe, Comment, Enjoy ^^