Chapter seven

Rescued Intentions

            Eunhyuk slammed his door shut, and threw the sobbing boy on his bed, not caring that he would get the fabric wet. The prince sat down on the edge of the bed, looking softly at the brunet, wondering why he was so upset that he would cry for so long.

 

 

 

            “What the am I supposed to do now?” Eunhyuk asked himself, glancing around the room. He had no idea why he had done that, and what he was going to do now. The only thing he was certain of, is that a certain crying nineteen year old in the arms of Kyuhyun upset him. No, it’s not just Kyuhyun. It’s anyone who holds him. Eunhyuk shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts that couldn’t be true.

 

 

            There was no way on earth that he could be jealous over some boy younger than him, that he just met a few days ago. A peasant, nonetheless.

 

 

            Sighing, the prince got up from the bed and called for another servant. Quickly telling him to prepare a warm bath in his room.

 

 

            When he was finished, he noticed that the sobs had died down, and his large bedroom was almost silent. Walking back inside, he looked at the bed where Donghae was lying face down on the covers, his body twisted in different ways, and the quiet sound of his even breath.

 

 

            “That fool already fell asleep.” Eunhyuk chuckled, going to crouch in front of the bed.

 

 

            He noticed how the younger’s eyes were slightly red and puffy from crying. He watched the rain droplets slide down his plump cheeks. There was a part of the red head that wanted to reach out and caress the servant before him. A longing that made him yearn to hold the brunet in his arms and care for him.

 

 

            Although that feeling he chose to push deep down inside of him, willing it to the deepest regions of his heart. It wasn’t normal to think like that towards your personal servant, especially to a male who you haven’t even known for a week.

 

 

            Sitting back on the floor, he brought his hand to his head. What am I thinking? He asked himself, wondering where the normal prince had gone to. It seemed as though everything went to mush as soon as the young blacksmith in training was introduced.

 

 

            It would have been easier on him if he had just killed him the moment he misbehaved. When he said that though, there was a part of his mind that wanted to scream “no!” at him. However much that didn’t make any sense.

 

 

            A knock on the door and a soft groan from Donghae brought Eunhyuk out of his thoughts. He quickly stood up and opened the door for the earlier servant to enter. The man brought with him several other servants who worked around the castle, each of them holding a large bucket of hot water. The first man grabbing the large wooden bath and bringing it to the centre of the room.

 

 

            Eunhyuk watched as the men and women did their job, filling the bath with hot water. Once they were done, the prince sent them away, asking for no one to disturb him for the next few hours. Locking the large doors, he stared at the steaming bath.

 

 

            “Okay, so now what do I do? I got the bath, but for what purpose?” He asked himself aloud, his gaze turning from the boy on his bed and back to the water. “ this…” He muttered, sighing once more.

 

 

            He slowly walked over to his bed where Donghae lay sleeping. Poking him a few times in random places to make sure he wouldn’t wake up. Then, grabbing the boy’s waist, he managed to lift the surprisingly heavy brunet up.

 

 

            “Why the is he this heavy?” Eunhyuk grunted, carefully placing the boy in the water. “And why doesn’t he have a shirt on?”

 

 

            Donghae’s neglected shirt being back at the blacksmith’s shop, he had no time to grab it when they he was suddenly put on the horse. All that he was wearing were his pants.

 

 

            Eunhyuk blushed as he reached his hands into the water, doing his best to peel the piece of cloth off without touching anything unnecessary. What am I even worried about? We’re both guys. He thought, although he still couldn’t get over the fact that it was slightly embarrassing.

 

 

            Once the boy was fully , Eunhyuk started to take off his own clothes, climbing into the bath. Although it was slightly awkward and strange for the mean, cold-hearted prince to be caring for a mere servant like this, he couldn’t do nothing.

 

 

            Quickly cleaning both their bodies with lightning speed, the red head splashed water down the brunet’s head, washing his hair. Repeating each process on himself, an hour passed steadily. Just as he was getting back out of the now lukewarm water, there was a loud knock on the door. He spun his head around to make sure the younger hadn’t woken up, then grabbed a towel to wrap around his waist.

 

 

            Feeling upset and frustrated that someone would dare to disturb him when he had so nicely asked for no interruptions. He swung the door open just a crack to glare at whoever was on the other side of the door. His eyes widening slightly when he saw Siwon and Kyuhyun, both still somewhat damp from the rain.

 

 

            “What the do you two want? I’m trying to have a bath here.” Eunhyuk spat out, trying to mask his nervousness with anger.

 

 

            “Calm down sire, we only wanted to see that you got back safely.” Siwon said, bowing slightly.

 

 

            “What’d you do with Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked, peering into the room as much he could. “You didn’t kill him, right?”

 

 

            “Why does it matter to you if I have already sent him to the gallows or not?” He asked, shifting his attention to the boy known as his best friend.

 

 

            “I’m only concerned for how quickly you go through your servants. The last one only last a few hours, so I’m just saying.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

 

 

            “Yeah right, you’ve never batted an eye at my servant problem before.”

 

 

            “Can’t I show some interest in my best friend’s habits?”

 

 

            Eunhyuk was just about to say something back, when Siwon interrupted. “I think that it would be the best if you two would not start a heated argument right now.”

 

 

            “Whatever.” Eunhyuk said, although he still glared at Kyuhyun, who returned the stare.

 

 

            “Aren’t you gonna answer my question though?” The youngest asked.

 

 

            “Unfortunately, I didn’t kill him, at least not yet.” He said, and the two men before him let out a visible breath of relief.

 

 

            “Where is he? Is he back at the servant’s quarters?” Siwon asked this time, forgetting his usual seriousness around the prince.

 

 

            “Why the are you two so concerned with that ruffian?!” Eunhyuk asked, raising his voice as he forgot about the sleeping boy in the bath. Although that thought came back to him with the sound of water splashing around back in his room.

 

 

            “What was that?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

 

            “Do you need me to check it out, my lord?” Siwon asked, one hand on his sword.

 

            “…no, no, it’s nothing. I’ll take care of it, you two just go to sleep or something.” The prince said, shooing them away and glancing back into his room. “And don’t bother me again!” He yelled, pushing the two taller men away from him.

 

 

 

            “I bet he’s got a in there.” Kyuhyun said once they were out of earshot.

 

            “Seriously? Hyukjae wouldn’t bring a into the castle.” Siwon reasoned.

 

 

            “Hey, he’s in his rebellious stage right now, so anything could happen.”

 

 

            “I still don’t see Hyuk with a common , and how would he have the time to get it in there?”

 

 

            “Well, he could have planned for her to be there when he got back.” Kyuhyun paused, “Why’d you say it?”

 

 

            “ are terrible people, they don’t deserve to be respected as such.”

 

 

            “Oh, that whole, I worship the holy bible and nothing else, deal. For a minute there I thought you were suggesting that Hyuk liked girls and guys.”

 

            “You can never know with that one though.”

 

 

 

            Eunhyuk cursed as he hopped into a pair of pants and slipped into a loose tunic. The bath was now empty, and a water trail led throughout his room. As soon as he was dressed decently enough, he followed the water on his floor.

 

 

            Slowly arriving between his window and bed. Where the trail stopped and there was a curtain missing from his window. Shaking his head, he got down on his hands and knees, peering under the bed where a large lump of red curtain was hiding. Grabbing onto the fabric, he pulled the form out and stood beside the still object.

 

 

            “Yah, Lee Donghae or whatever the your name is, get out of that right now!” He shouted, making the bundle flinch.

 

 

            “B-But…I’m …” A muffled voice replied, and a face popped out of the red cloth.

 

 

            “Idiot, then ask for some clothes at least.” Eunhyuk said, walking to his wardrobe to grab a pair of pants and shirt that the younger could wear.

 

 

            Kicking the lump in the back, he threw the clothes beside Donghae’s face. To which the boy hurriedly took the clothes and began to change, all while still covered by the curtain. When he was fully clothed, Donghae slowly sat on the floor, pushing the curtain down so it revealed from his waist to his wet hair.

 

 

            The boy sheepishly smiled, although he was absolutely confused as to what was going on. All he knew was that he woke up in the prince’s room, , and sitting in warm bath water. If that didn’t say that something weird was going on, then he had to be a fool.

 

 

            “So, uh, what exactly happened?” He asked, looking up at Eunhyuk, trying to regain his memories.

 

 

            “Why don’t you tell me?” The prince asked instead, his stare wavering on the lines of a glare.

 

 

            Donghae began to think back to before he had passed out. I was caught in the rain with Kyuhyun, so we went to my shop to dry off, and he told me his story… Once reminded of the heart wrenching tale from the knight in training, his eyes started to well up. Hot tears falling from his eyes. He felt so bad for the younger boy, and guilty for the things that he had said.

 

 

            Overall, Donghae wished that he could grow to be someone who didn’t judge based on statuses or first impressions. There was a lot that Kyuhyun and him had in common, but he didn’t want to believe it at first, now he just felt so bad, his empathetic side kicking in for the young red head.

 

 

            “Why the are you crying again?” Eunhyuk asked, feeling the same anger boil in his stomach.

 

 

            “K-Kyuhyun…I just feel so bad for him.” Donghae said, rubbing his eyes and trying to stop his crying.

 

 

            “And why exactly do you feel so bad for my best friend?”

 

 

            “B-Because w-when he was so little…such a bad thing happened to him.” Donghae explained, looking up at the prince with sad eyes.

 

 

            “He told you about that?!” Eunhyuk asked, completely struck with shock that his best friend, someone so close to him, had shared that secret with someone he didn’t know.

 

 

            “I-I shouldn’t have asked, right?” Donghae said, looking down to his lap.

 

 

            The room was silent for several minutes, the prince brooding over his best friend and personal servant, while Donghae soaked in his own troubles. Then, a thought struck the brunet that made him jump straight up.

 

 

            “Why the hell am I in your room?!” 

 

Subcrcibe, Comment, Enjoy >^<