Chapter 09

I’ll make you fall for me again

Author’s POV

 

Everyone turned silent. The loud chatters inside the cafeteria is now filled with hushed voices, all eyes directed towards Dara and Jiyong. It was Jiyong who first pulled away, leaving Dara’s flushed and confused face. But before everything fully sinks in to Dara, Jiyong immediately broke into a run. As he ran his off, he touched his lips and a warm smile formed on his mouth.  He felt very ecstatic and ashamed at the same time.

Every student was awed at what just happened, especially CL, Bom, Minzy, and the rest of Bigbang. They were all tongue-tied and didn’t know how to react. Donghae on the other hand was rooted on his spot, he saw Dara’s wide eyes and blushing cheeks. He isn’t dumb not to understand what and why Jiyong did what he did. He slowly turned his back and walked away defeated, hurt evident in his eyes. His hunch about Jiyong is true after all.

When Dara realized what just happened, her brain and her heart completely went to a riot. Her heart pounded hard against her chest, her cheeks burned red as an unfamiliar feeling and heat creep all over her body, her brain failed to process fast, and her head suddenly felt heavy. She feels like she’s going to pass out anytime soon. She later saw Donghae’s retreating back, she wanted to call him out but ’s all shut. She looked at Bom and her friends but they themselves are at a loss, bewildered at what Jiyong did. When her brain finally processed how Jiyong ruined her eventual relationship with Donghae, fury overtook her confused state. She never felt this pissed towards a person ever before!

It was Bom who first regained her composure. She asked Bigbang to go after Jiyong and make him explain. They all agreed and moved out almost instantly, afraid of Dara’s seething wrath. Minzy’s jaw was still dropped; she still can’t believe her oppa can act impulsively like that. Does he like her unnie all this time? She thought. She can’t look straight at Dara because she feels embarrassed for what her oppa did. When Minzy finally had the courage to look at her, Dara cut her off.

“Unnie…” Minzy reluctantly started.

“Tell your oppa to go to our house tonight.” Dara said grimly, gritting her teeth.

“Ahh..neh.” Minzy immediately replied, fear obvious in her face. She has never seen her unnie this mad. Omo…oppa will surely feel unnie’s rage tonight.

 

 


 

 

“Ya hyung!” Seungri yelled. Jiyong looked up to meet their curious gaze, he was seating in a bench near the parking lot. He doesn’t know what to say so he just nods in response.

“What kind of face is that? Why are you sulking?” TOP asked.

“I’m so embarrassed. Apart from that, I don’t know how to face Dara now. She must be really pissed.” Jiyong worriedly said.

“Well, for starters, yes. She is indeed very furious. But nahh.. you can handle her. You know her much better than anyone else.” Yongbae said assuringly.

“But hyung, what you did awhile ago… that was just so..” Daesung trailed off to think of the most appropriate word when Seungri beats him to it.

“EPIC!” Seungri exclaimed. “Hyung, what you did defines pure awesomeness! It’s so manly. I’m so sure stealing kisses will be the latest trend in this school. You are now this school’s living epitome of manliness. You should be proud!” He laughed maniacally. TOP hit Seungri’s head irritably.

“Shut your mouth.” TOP said dangerously. 

Seungri made a hand gesture of zipping his mouth. The rest of the boys just looked at him annoyingly.

“So, I guess kissing her officially starts the chase.” Yongbae declares, smiling from ear to ear.

“Is this really happening? Did I really kiss her? . I still can’t believe I was able to do that. Before Donghae came, I was almost at my wits’ end as time ticked past. I don’t really know what has gotten into me.” Jiyong shoved his face and later tousled his hair frustratingly.

“Do you want me to demonstrate how you did it hyung?” Seungri asked teasingly, wiggling his brows.

“Shut up or I’ll punch you in the face.” TOP answered for Jiyong. The others just laughed amusingly at how TOP always dodge the maknae. Seungri just stood straight and gulped every word he’s about to blurt out as TOP glares at him menacingly.

“By the way Jiyong, Bom asked us to tell you that you owe them an explanation. You do realize the weight of your action, right? Donghae saw what you did and Dara is beyond pissed.” TOP worriedly turned to Jiyong, meeting his gaze.

“Yeah. I have to talk to them, especially to Dara.” He answered dejectedly.

“Ahh. Hyung, I think that would be tonight.” Daesung butted in. “Your sister called me on our way here to tell you that Dara wants you to go to their house tonight.” He added.   

“Ah.. neh. Thanks.” Jiyong said, head bowed down, shoulder hanging low.

“You’re in trouble, hyung.” Daesung replied, full of concern.

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

“But appa…” I protested.

“Stop crying, your eyes will become puffy and your cute nose will turn really red.” My appa jokingly said.

I don’t understand. My appa is always the overly protective, loving and caring dad but why is he not taking this matter seriously. Waaahhh. I’m going crazy.

“Appa, didn’t you hear me? I said Jiyong kissed me on the lips! On the lips, Appa! And he did that in front of everyone in the cafeteria.” I cried again.

“Darling, I heard you loud and clear. But I won’t act on this, not until I hear Jiyong’s explanation.” Appa calmly replied.

“That jerk…” My nerves are trembling from too much rage. He surely pissed me BIG TIME. 

“Don’t talk like that, young lady. That is very unlady like, Sandara. And he is your friend, don’t call him that. Where are your manners?” Appa looked at me with a serious face.

“I’m sorry.” I bit my lower lip, blinking away the tears forming in my eyes. “It’s just that he crossed the line.” I whined again.

“I know.” He cooed. “Let’s talk about this when he arrives, arasso? Jiyong is a fine young man. I saw him grow up, I know that he has a good explanation. He better have.” He said softly.

“Appa…” I helplessly sob again.

“Come here. Appa will give you a hug. Calm down, neh?” Appa quietly said, calming my nerves as he squeezed me into a hug.

We were still hugging when we heard a faint knock. I looked at the door’s direction and I knew that it’s Jiyong on the other side. I looked up at my Appa, he looked down at me too and smiled tenderly, reassuring me.

 “Come in.” He loudly said.

The door clicked and opened slowly, revealing Jiyong whose head is hanging low, obviously ashamed of what he did and maybe nervous too.

“Ahhh. Uncle, good evening.” Jiyong hesitatingly said. He politely bowed while looking at appa. I glared at him but he doesn’t seem to have any intentions to meet my eyes. Coward! I shouted in my mind.

“Hmmmm.” Appa simply said. His smiling face turned serious. “Do you know why you are here, Jiyong?” He later asked.

I noticed how Jiyong became uneasy on his spot but he managed to calm his nerves as he gulped hard. “Neh. Mianhe, Uncle.” He answered, curtly bowing again.

“I believe that your apology should be directed to my daughter. “ Appa replied flatly.  I quickly glanced at appa. I do not know if he’s mad or what. I can’t seem to read through him.

Jiyong gulped again and slowly looked at me.  I am still glaring at him, my fist clenching the hem of my blouse.

“Dara, I’m really sorry.” He said as he faced me. I admit that he looks sincere but I would not forgive him that easy. This is a very serious matter. That’s my freaking first kiss we’re talking about here. And how dare he do that in public, and worse, in front of Donghae oppa?

“Tch.” I gave him a deathly glare once again. He clearly breached the universal code of friendship. A friend doesn’t forcefully kiss another friend! That’s unforgiveable!

“Dara, Jiyong is talking to you.” My Appa told me.

“Yeah, Jiyong. Whatever.” I snorted as I folded my arms in my chest. I saw pain registered in Jiyong’s eyes but I would not be moved. I quickly looked away.

“Ehem.” I heard my appa cleared his throat as silence enveloped the room. “So Jiyong, may I know why you kissed my daughter in public?” My father suddenly asked, unsmiling. Okay, here we go. This is the real deal. I’m now convinced that my Appa wouldn’t let me down as usual.

“I…I…” Jiyong stuttered, sweats profusely forming on his forehead.

“You didn’t do that just for the sake of doing it, right Jiyong? I wouldn’t accept such crude reply, if you know what I mean. My daughter is not someone to be played.” My Appa sternly said. I smirked in victory. Appa would fry his , I’m almost sure of it now. I should have not doubted my appa.

We waited for Jiyong’s reply.

He cleared his throat and looked at my Appa again, courageously meeting his eyes. “Uncle, to tell you the truth, I like ---ani, I really love your daughter.” He said with determined look.

I think my ears suddenly stopped hearing things properly. He didn’t say what he just said, right? “Andwe!” I exclaimed. I turned to Appa. “He is lying. He’s just saving his .” I objected, throwing another round of dagger looks.

“Dara, I’m talking to Jiyong. I would appreciate if you would just listen quietly.” My Appa said firmly, stopping me from talking more. “Are you serious about this, young man?” He turned to Jiyong.

“Neh.” Jiyong replied instantly. I flinched again. Why is he saying those things? Damn it.

“Appa, do you have any other daughter? Maybe he’s talking about your other daughter!” I exclaimed. I know that I’m blabbering stupid things but I would not just believe what Jiyong is professing. He is my friend, okay, ex-friend, for Pete’s sake.

My father looked incredulously at me, I also saw how Jiyong briefly broke into a tight smile when I said those but I don’t care. I’m too ed up to care. He’s been making me confuse beyond my wits. I do not know how to figure things out right.

“What are you saying? You know that you are my only daughter.” Appa said, staring at me unbelievably.

“I---I’m just making sure. No harm in asking.” I replied back.

“Well, to assure my silly daughter here. Jiyong, are we talking about Dara, my ONLY daughter?” Appa asked Jiyong.

“Neh. Dara, your only daughter, Uncle.” I heard Jiyong said. I was not able to talk back as I saw my father’s threatening look.

“So, is kissing her the only way to confess? Is that what you’re telling me?” My Appa interrogated again.

“Uncle, I’m so sorry for doing that impulsively. I just lost options on how to confess; I got nothing else to do. If I only have a choice, I would have done it the other way. I would have done it properly and decently. Please believe me, Uncle.” Jiyong said apologetically.

“What do you mean you got nothing else to do? We always have choices.” Appa knowingly said.  

“I knew that Dara is planning to be in a relationship with a guy today and I could not think properly of what to do to stop her from doing so.” Jiyong muttered lowly, tightening his fist on his sides.

“So there is another guy involved. And how come I know nothing about this…hmmm… Dara?” Appa said sternly. It was my turn to be really anxious. Never did my Appa use that tone on me. Ottoke!

I glared menacingly at Jiyong. How dare him tell this to Appa. He’s really pissing me off huh. Whatever stupid game he is playing right now, I’ll make sure to take avenge.

Since I refused to talk, my father asked Jiyong instead. “You ended up kissing her, for the lack of other options, to let her know that you like her, is that so?” Appa questioned.

“Neh. I’ve been meaning to tell her this before.” Jiyong replied, glancing at me.

“Arasso.” My father said after being quiet for a moment.

I was not able to contain my feelings and disappointment towards Appa and how the conversation between them ended. I expected much more from Appa and I can’t believe he let me down just like that. This is the very first time Appa did not favor me and instead choose this jerk aka my ex friend.

“That’s it?” I tauntingly asked. “No scolding whatsoever? This guy just stole your daughter first kiss and that’s how you’d just react, Appa?” My tears are threatening to fall again. 

No one replied back. I was staring at my father, demanding a reply but he didn’t say any. He just looked at me blankly. I stormed away of the room and slammed the door, leaving them two.

 

 

Author’s POV  

 

When Jiyong and Mr. Park were left alone in the room, a moment passed without anyone talking. Jiyong does not know if he should leave too or stay still. After some contemplation, he decided to do the former.

“Uncle, if it’s okay…” He mumbled nervously.

“How long have you been harboring your feelings for my daughter?” Mr. Park suddenly asked. 

“Neh?” Jiyong was surprised at his question. He thought that they are already done with all the questioning.

“You heard me.” Mr. Park said sharply.

“Ahhh…for quite a while now Uncle. I was trying to dismiss my growing feelings for her but I can’t stop loving her. I hope you won’t feel like I betrayed you or something, Uncle.” Jiyong pleaded.

“I believe that you have good intentions for Dara. I have known you since you were a kid and I know how Taehyun and Junyoung raised you well. But..but my Dara is still young.” A lump formed on his throat and he suddenly can’t breathe well. “I don’t want her to take these issues of love so seriously at her age. I don’t want her to be distracted and I am hoping for the best future she deserves. You do understand me right, Jiyong?” He continued.

“Yes, uncle.” Jiyong replied sadly.

“I am not stopping you or asking you to stop liking my child. I just want you to take it slow. Do not force her to like you too. You two are still both young. I don’t want this to happen again, arasso?” Mr. Park thought of his  daughter crying over a stolen kiss, he stared at Jiyong again. “Be mature and wait for her to return you feelings. She is too precious to me and I won’t let any man rob her from me that easy.” He said firmly.

“I understand.” Jiyong wants to defend himself and prove his point but he controlled himself. He knows that Mr. Park just wants the best for Dara. I’ll patiently wait. He thought.

Mr. Park was still eyeing him when he spoke again. “For the meantime, I want you to still look after her and stop her from seeing that guy you mentioned. Dara is too young to enter any serious relationship. I commend you for stopping her and letting me know about her plans but I would not let your aggressive and improper action like kissing her just slip away. You must have seen how pissed she is and truthfully, I am too. I am disappointed at how you acted because I expect much from you." 

“I am really sorry, Uncle.” Jiyong bowed again.

“About your punishment, since I cannot hurt you or do something I might regret later on, I’ll let your parents decide on what to do to you. I’ll inform your father about what you did and I expect that you would accept their course of action."

“Neh.” He said politely.

“You may now leave. Talk to Dara when she’s already calmed down. She’ll surely forgive you, I know my child. Just wait and apologize sincerely.” Mr. Park advised.

“Kamsahamnida, Uncle.” Jiyong said and immediately left.

When Jiyong has closed the door, Mr. Park looked at the picture of his late wife on his study table.

“I can’t believe I just talked to a young man having interest in our daughter. Worse, I just discussed her first kiss. That was really awkward, Jihoon. Did I do well? Do you think Dara doesn’t feel that bad about me?” He smiled bitterly. “I hope you were here to guide our daughter. Yobo, I know she needs you more than me now. ”

 

 


 

Sorry for the late update. I've been quite busy these days.

 

Anyway, thank you so much for subscribing, leaving your comments, and upvoting. Sarangheyo! <3