Chapter 19

I’ll make you fall for me again

Hello! I apologize for letting you wait for so long. It took me almost two months to update. I've been really busy with some stuff lately. But anyway, to make up for the long absence, here's a long chapter for you all! 

Share your thoughts, ayt? I'd love to read them. 

 


 

 

Author’s POV

 

“Hop in.” Dara said after rolling down the car window. She went to CL’s house to pick her up.

“Woot. Look at that!” CL whistled, openly adoring Dara’s new wheels.

“I know right.” Dara smiled cheekily.

CL opened the passenger seat and confidently went in. She was holding three paper bags, inside each are dresses and other must-brings for girls.

“Where’s Bommie?” CL asked.

“She said she’d go on her own.” Dara answered as she inspected the contents of each bag.  

“Ahh. Is Minzy coming?”

“Nope. She’d just meet us at NB. Are your parents coming?”

“Yes. They’ll follow in a little while. Your dad?” CL asked as she buckled up the seatbelt.

“He just went to the office to check on something but will go later too.” She answered.  

“I see. So, are you ready for tonight..hmm?” CL asked, playfully wiggling her brows.

“You bet I am!” Dara answered cheerfully and quickly sped off.

 

 


 

 

The graduation went rather eventful. Some students had a surprise protest about the university’s new policies which delayed the ceremony for almost 30 minutes. The speech of their valedictorian was also disrupted when she suddenly passed out while delivering her speech. Dara was very amused at how the teachers and some students panicked, not knowing what to do. CL was very bored as she can be seen yawning every once in awhile. Bom, on the other hand, was feeling irritated. She looks at her wrist watch every chance she could get, almost fidgety on her seat. If not for her parents who flew all the way from the States to witness her graduation, she would have left earlier and dragged CL and Dara along.

After the hustle and bustle, the graduation ceremony finally ended. While everyone is busily hugging and congratulating each other, Bom dragged CL and Dara to the exit, leaving all their parents flustered. They just waved their goodbyes holding bouquets of flowers and promised to meet their parents the following day, the parents had nothing else to do but shrug.

Due to Bom’s insistence, they all had a makeover in their favorite salon--- in Bom’s words, “to pipe up their confidence level”. And oh boy, sure their confidence piped up!

 


 

 

Jiyong was tapping the pen on the table as the company’s contractors are still nowhere to be found.

“I thought the meeting is at 4 pm. Where are they?” Jiyong asked Hyorin, his assistant. They were seated in a fancy restaurant in the center of Seoul City.

“They said that they were caught up in traffic, Sir.” Hyorin answered nervously.

“How long will it take them?”

“About 30 minutes more, Sir. I’m sorry.”

“Geezz. Why are they being so unprofessional?” Jiyong hissed in frustration.

“Jiyong, calm down.” Sohee turned to him after putting down her ipad. She was busily reading some files when she felt Jiyong’s restlessness.

“Sohee, it’s not like we have a heavy traffic in here.” Jiyong reasoned out.

Sohee turned to Hyorin. “Contact them again.” She instructed.

“Neh.” Hyorin nodded and then excused herself to make a call.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You look edgy.” Sohee asked as she held his arm.

“Nothing.” He said as he pressed his temples.

“Is it because of Dara’s graduation?” She prodded but Jiyong just gave her a blank stare. 

 “I heard about it.”  She shrugged. “So, are you planning to attend, hmmm?”

“No.”

“So, you’re planning huh.” She teased.

He creased his brow as he gave him a what-the-hell look; his eyes flickered slightly upon meeting her gaze.

“You can’t fool me. I can tell from the fluttering of your eyes.” She stated matter-of-factly.

He sighed. “Look, I just want to go see…”

“Guess you keep on forgetting something.” She cut him off. She took her cup of tea and sipped.  

Jiyong stiffened, eyeing her seriously. “I don’t. Okay, I don’t. I never forget.”

“Then stop giving her false hopes. If you really don’t want her, then don’t make her feel otherwise.”

“May I remind you Sohee that it’s you who insisted to let her work in the company.”

“Yeah.” She sighed. “But it’s because I wanted to have a close watch on you two.” She breathed out and gave him a look. “Especially you.”

“You’re just being paranoid.” He dismissed.

“I am not. You know very well what I mean by all this. Don’t forget what happened, Jiyong.” She said as she eyed him again.

“I don’t.” He answered, face devoid of emotion.

“Just focus on the work at hand.” Sohee ended as they both saw Hyorin approaching.

Jiyong darted his eyes sideways and huffed.

                   

 


 

 

“There.” Bom said contentedly as she lightly dusted Dara’s hair.

Dara looked at the mirror in front of her and breathed out deeply. She stared at her new hair  ̶  big curls, full bangs, and dyed brown. She is not a big fan of hair dyeing but she absolutely loved the result. As she adores the image in front of her, she asks herself why she never even once tried it before.

She smiled and glanced at Bom who smiled back at her and gave her a wink. She nodded lightly to show her thanks. She nodded back and scoffed playfully. “I told you so.”

Beside Dara is CL who cannot tear her eyes away from the mirror in front of her. Unlike Dara who has a Barbie doll look, CL exudes fierceness in her new hair. She now has a long and straight blonde hair with long fringe. Her eye make-up also speaks volume. She looks so fabulous and badass.

“Hmmm… Bommie, do you think I would get accepted in my job application if I go to work looking like this?” CL hesitated, still staring at her reflection in the mirror.

“Silly. I got accepted when I applied in red locks, remember? And besides, you won’t be applying for a job tonight. We’re going to party! And dear, blonde hair definitely suits you.”

“But…” CL stammered.

“If you really don’t like it, you can always dye it back to black. Think of today as giving me a huge favor. Arachi?” Bom pleaded, showing her big puppy eyes.

“Ara..arasso.” CL conceded, to Bom and Dara’s delight.

“CL-roo, it really looks good on you. You don’t really like it?” Dara asked.

CL pressed a small smile, looking so guiltily pleased. “I actually liked it so much I might not change it back.” She smiled cheekily again. “But! You know how strict my parents are. And, you know I never once tried to show a rebellious attitude. And boy, this new look speaks rebellion.”

“And you really like to be rebellious even once.” Dara supplied, understanding her friend.

“Guilty.” CL chuckled and then turned to Bom and hugged her tight. “Bommie, thank you very much!”

“Group hug!” Dara yelled and joined the other two girls for a hug, squishing them tight.

After some hugging which ended up with childish tugging, Bom spoke in between loud breathes. “But girls, how do you like my new look?” She asked worriedly.

Bom was sporting a black (yeah, surprised?) shoulder length hair. Since high school, she tried almost all hue there is in the divine book of hair coloring. And for that, she’d surely pass as the goddess of spectrum. She never once wore her hair black though, the closest to it was brown then. She also likes her hair long, that is why short black hair came out really surprising.

The other two girls looked at each other seriously, making Bom all the more worried. Until she heard them both chuckling.

“Why? Ottoke!” Bom asked in frustration.

“You look gorgeous. Do you really need to ask?” CL asked, giving her a wide smile.

“I do?” Bom asked again, doubtful.

“Aigoo.” Dara went near her and poked her nose. “You do. Whatever reason or whoever made you try black again should be proud. This look suits you best Bommie, although I also insanely love the eccentric hair colors you tried before.”

“Ohhhh! Ssantokki!” Bom hugged her, almost in the verge of tears.

Few seconds passed but Bom was still not letting go. She hugged Dara tightly and Dara felt something unusual about that prolonged hug. She also felt Bom’s heavy breathing against her chest and her shoulder trembling. Dara freed herself from Bom’s tight embrace and then looked deep in her eyes. “Are you okay? Is something bothering you?”   

“Ani…it’s just that as I hug you, I realized how so damn tired I am already.”

“Do you want to go home? Are you sick?” Dara asked worriedly, studying Bom’s pale face.

Bom just shook her head lightly. “It’s not what I meant.” She snuffled.  

“Then, does it have something to do with…with TOP oppa?” Dara stammered, sensing something about her cousin.

Bom nodded slowly. “I can feel that our relationship has run its course.” She said softly.

“Is this why you decided to change your look, to dye your hair black?”

 “Ani. I just wanted a change. I think I need a drastic change in my life. It’s high time I change.”

“Bommah.” CL called hoarsely, feeling sad all of a sudden.

She forced a smile and breathed out. “Don’t worry about me. I need this change. Today, I plan to talk to oppa once and for all.” She said as she wiped the tears spilling on her eyes. The pang of pain excruciating her, she gasped for air.

“Oh, what am I doing! Chinca, I’m ruining the good mood.” Bom said as she wiped her tears that are threatening to fall again and feigned a chuckle.

“Bommah.” CL called out again, now giving Bom a back hug.

“Don’t worry about me.” Bom forced another smile. She breathed out loudly and patted CL's arms on her waist. CL let go as Bom turned to face her and gave her a warm smile. “You wanted me to do this since before right? I am just being really stubborn.”

“Bom, if I will only see you hurting like this, I’d rather you stay with oppa. If that would make you happy.” CL countered.

“But I am no longer happy.” Bom paused. “I am feeling more hurt every passing day.” She answered truthfully.

“Bommie, I just wanted you to be loved the same way you feel. Or maybe…maybe even more. I want you to be happy too.” Dara said in tears.

Bom nodded slowly, pain obvious in her face. “I understand. That is why I want to do it now. I just wanted to be happy, Dara. Why do I have to feel all this hurt?” Bom asked in despair.

Dara hugged her tightly, her back. “Do you want to go home first?”

Bom looked up to meet her stare. “Ani, let’s just go on with our original plan tonight.” She said as she gazed at Dara. Dara nodded awkwardly and stared at Bom. Bom, on the other hand, shifted her eyes uncomfortably as she noticed Dara’s stares. Both Dara and CL knew that Bom’s trying to hide her pain.

“You know what, let’s just drop this plan. I know that you need us now.” Dara mumbled, worry obvious in her voice.

“Silly, we planned this for days. You can’t just back down. Besides, since that day that we saw oppa in the restaurant, I already have this nagging feeling that we wouldn’t really last long... and that I have to stop the relationship soon…at least before there is still a sane part of me. Because if not… I may not really let him go.” Bom breathed out heavily, the other two girls just kept quiet, waiting for her next words.

“I am ready for whatever is about to happen between oppa and I. Do not worry about me, okay? You two, I know that you wanted me to do this long ago. I was just so adamant in not resolving our issues because I’m so inlove I cannot let him go. So please, let me do it until I still can.” Bom said, sadness and desperation laced in her voice.

“Bommie…” CL called out in a whisper.

Bom shook her head. “Don’t feel bad for me. I can go through this. I just need you to do whatever you need to do tonight and be happy. That way, I’d feel happy too.”

“But Bom..” Dara tried to protest.

“Dara, please.” Bom said quietly, bowing her head down in grief.

CL held Dara’s hand and shook her head lightly, as if telling her to stop and just let Bom do what she wants to do. Dara heaved a sigh and sadly glanced at Bom again.

“All right. I’ll do my best tonight. But promise me that you’ll call me or approach anyone of us if you need us, all right? Promise me.” Dara said.

Bom lifted her head and met Dara’s gaze. “Komawo.” 

Dara and CL scooted near Bom and hugged her tightly again, this time to share Bom’s silent grief.

At long last, Bom found courage to confront her issues with Top... even if it means getting all the more heartbroken.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile, in a restaurant, TOP was having a staring battle with Taeyeon. When he picked her up in the airport earlier, she almost ran away from him had he not spotted her in the parking. Taeyeon has her arms crossed in her chest, staring at TOP with distaste.

“Uhum”.  Hayi cleared loudly to catch the other two’s attention.

“You get out of this Hayi. Taeyeon and I need to get this over and done with.” TOP said, eyes still focused on the older girl.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Tell me about it.”

“Taeyeon,  I know that you hate me right now because of what I did to Siwon but..”

“There’s no need to talk about that, honestly. We broke up already. And that's all thanks to you.” Taeyeon said lividly.

Hayi was shifting her eyes between the two, anxiously waiting how the conversation would end up. She wanted to kick her unnie under the table to let her know how rude she sounds towards their oppa but somehow she understands why she’s acting like that so she’s very conflicted.

“Taeyeon-ah…” TOP called in desperation.

The girl just looked at him, face full of angst. “You would never understand me. And I would never ever understand you.”

“Just give me a chance to explain.”

“You never fell in love, did you oppa?” Taeyeon asked, her voice sounded accusing.

TOP was taken aback by Taeyeon’s sudden question. He took a full minute of contemplation before answering, but someone beats him to it. And to his surprise… it’s Bom.

“Oh hi!” Bom greeted to them three.

The other two girls smiled awkwardly at the stranger who’s now seating near their oppa. TOP, on the other hand, was beyond stunned. He was not expecting Bom’s presence at all. He looked at the nearby tables, consciously checking if their other friends were also there.

“Don’t worry, oppa. I came alone.” Bom said, sensing TOP’s discomfort.

That’s when TOP noticed Bom’s new do. She looked more gorgeous in short and black hair that TOP forgot they have a company, TOP gawked at her for a minute or two.

“So.. are we gonna go home or what?” It was Taeyeon, not liking the presence of the unwanted stranger.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot my manners. I am Bom, I am oppa’s girlfriend.” Bom said seriously. TOP was eyeing her in disbelief.

“Oh, really now. Oppa doesn’t have a girlfriend. Now, you may go. If you haven’t noticed just yet, we are having a serious talk here.” Taeyeon answered sarcastically.

“Well, FYI, I am his long-time girlfriend.” Bom retorted.

“Bom.” TOP warned her.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Taeyeon asked, gazing at TOP.

TOP didn’t answer, much to Bom’s annoyance. Although, deep inside, she was partly expecting him to deny it.

“Unnie…” Hayi warned Taeyeon as she noticed TOP’s stern look.

TOP’s jaw tightened and his fist turned into a tight ball. He didn’t like Taeyeon obvious display of rudeness towards Bom but he didn’t like Bom’s unannounced appearance too.

“Why are you here?” He asked Bom in a low voice, lips pressed tightly.

“Nothing. I learned that you were here so I figured I should come. I see you’re having a little moment with young girls right here.”  Bom shot back, not caring if the other two girls could hear her.

“She didn’t know about me, did she?” Taeyeon asked. Bom didn’t miss the other girl’s snide remarks, pissing her off.

“Taeyeon, don’t start.” TOP said seriously, controlling his temper.

“I’m just saying that if she doesn’t know anything about us, clearly, she’s not your girlfiend.” Taeyeon taunted.

“This girl, chincha.” Bom huffed as she got irritated with the other girl’s rudeness.

“Oppa, I don’t like this supposed girlfriend of yours. Ask her to leave or I will.” Taeyeon said with finality. TOP eyed her, somber.

It took a moment of awkward silence until TOP finally found his voice. “Bom, let’s go. You two, stay here. I’ll be back.”

Hayi nodded slowly while Taeyeon just looked away and crossed her arms again. He stood up and led Bom outside.

 

 


 

 

“Can you explain why you are here? Aren’t you supposed to be preparing for your party?” TOP asked angrily when they reached the parking lot.

“Why are you being so snappy? Damn.” She cursed as she examined her pained wrist from TOP’s tight grip.

“Stop this bull. I don’t know why you are suddenly appearing like this. This isn’t a good timing, Bom. I’m in the middle of something important. Go now. Where’s your car?” He asked angrily again.

“Are you angry because I caught you or because I told them I’m your girlfriend?” She snapped back.

“Who caught who?” TOP asked again, disbelieving what the girl is accusing him.

“Oh come on!” Bom threw her bag at TOP, much to the latter’s irritation. “You were flirting with those girls while there I was, having my graduation with you not even showing up!”

“Damn it. You told me its okay not to come! I asked you last night. So what’s the big deal now?” TOP retorted. His patience is running out and it doesn’t help that he’s thinking of the girls he left inside the restaurant.

“ !” Bom muttered through gritted teeth.

“You know what! Just, go! Just go. Let’s talk when you calmed down.” TOP said as he his heels, planning to go back inside the restaurant.

Bom threw her car keys on his retreating back, earning a mad look from TOP. “What the hell was that?”

“You are going back to those flirt?” Bom glared, feeling enraged.

“Damn. Stop talking about them. They are my half sisters! Damn it!” He yelled.  

That made Bom more mad than she already was. “Oh, now you have sisters! You think I’d fall for that?” She scoffed.

“They are my sisters so drop the act. I don’t see the need to explain to you right now…really.” TOP said seriously, his patience is almost at its end.

“You never told me.” Bom said in a low voice, now feeling confused. She was reminded of how TOP never even once mentioned anything about his family expect for the obvious facts like he has an older brother and a sister-in-law. She doesn’t even know their names. How more pathetic can I be? She thought.

“Because I don’t want to tell, okay? Now, go. Let’s talk later.” He tried to dismiss her.

“No, we are so not done yet. We need to talk NOW.” She yelled.  

“Bom, can’t you see? I need to talk to my sisters now.”

“Can’t you see? We need to talk now too.” She snapped back.

He pressed his throbbing temple. “Stop acting like a jealous girlfriend.”

“Shouldn’t I?”

“You are not my girlfriend, Bom.” He said flatly.

Although Bom expected it, she never thought that hearing it straight from TOP would cause her unbearable pain. “Then what am I? Your ? Your ing buddy?”

TOP was shocked at Bom’s vulgarity. He never even once thought of Bom as such. He thought that all that while, everything was clear between the two of them…that they’re more than friends but less than a couple who enjoy each other’s company.  “I thought we have talked about this.”

“I’m tired of this.” Bom suddenly cut his words. She slowly moved to pick up the car keys lying on the floor. Her head hanging low. “This is not me anymore. This is not how I was raised.” She said as she slowly lifted her head to meet his eyes.

TOP was stunned as she looked at him. She was crying, her eyes pouring tears. “I now have low self respect. Do you know that?” She paused as she slowly stood up. “Why do you have to hurt me constantly? This is not what I deserve, oppa. I don’t want this anymore. I’m so tired of this.” She said in between sobs.

She then moved on her feet and opened her car. She sat numbly and started the engine with trembling hands. Without any word, she left.

TOP was staring at the speeding car, frozen on his spot. 

 

 


 

 

Inside NB, Minzy was busily checking every item on her checklist. The loud music can be heard and a pack of yuppies crowding at the dance floor. Everyone seems to be enjoying the night, Minzy thought as she observes everyone.

“Now, where could Jiyong oppa be?” She murmured to herself as she glanced at her wrist watch.

She then caught Yongbae and Daesung’s eyes as they walk towards her.

“Hey, oppa. You came!” She exclaimed.

“Of course. We won’t miss it for the world. So where are the newly grads?” Daesung asked her.

“Dara unnie is sitting somewhere, probably having a drink now.” She chuckled.

“This early?” Yongbae asked.

“Yep. She’s been waiting for oppa. You know.” She answered vaguely.

“Ohhh. I see.” Daesung nodded, understanding the maknae.

“We’d probably go grab something to drink then.” Yongbae said, spotting a seat for them two.

“Suit yourselves oppa.” Minzy smiled. “Laters!” She quipped.

Later that night, she was still busy checking her list when Bom approached her.

“Oh, unnie! What happened to you?” She asked worriedly as she saw Bom’s face. Her make up was at mess and her eyes were puffy. She also took notice of her unnie’s new hairdo.

“I’ll tell you some other time. Have you seen the girls?” Bom asked.

“Neh. I spotted CL unnie with Seungri oppa awhile ago in a table there, near the dance floor.” She pointed. Bom just nodded and didn’t really look at where Minzy was pointing. She was literally spacing out.

“Dara unnie, on the other hand, was sitting somewhere there. I can’t really see her right now but I’m sure she’s here.” Minzy continued until she noticed Bom’s blank stares. “Do you want me to get her for you?” She asked worriedly again.

“Ahhh. Andwe! That isn’t really necessary.” She shook her head lightly and waved her hands. “But Minzy-ah, can you accompany me in the powder room? I need to retouch my make up.” She told her.

The younger girl complied and led her to the powder room. “Come, I’ll help you. Let’s fix that make up of yours first.”

 

 


 

 

In another part of the bar, Seungri was sitting next to CL, drinks on their hands. CL had no choice but to accompany Seungri as he came early at the party. Bom and Dara cannot entertain him as both are busy with their own personal issues. Besides, Seungri was gracious enough to give her a graduation gift which she reluctantly accepted.

“Your hair looks good on you.” Seungri started.

“Thank you.” CL answered dryly and smiled awkwardly, not really digging the idea of having Seungri around. They shared a moment of silence before CL felt Seungri inching near her.

“Hey, wanna dance?” Seungri asked loudly against her ear as loud music blasts on the speakers near them. 

“I’m sorry but I don’t go for erts.” She answered back.

“I see.” He nodded and then nonchalantly turned to the crowd dancing near them.

“You didn’t even deny!” She exclaimed.

He turned at her.  “What for? With the way you talked to me, I can tell that you pretty much have a solid belief that I am indeed a ert.” He shrugged. 

“Well for one, denying it will at least make you look less ert than you really are.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Would I?” He scoffed.

“Well….”

“See? You don’t strike me as someone who would believe a guy’s word that easy.” He paused. “Ahhhh…what a shame, I have been meaning to tell you something since then. You just wouldn’t give me a chance.” He feigned a hurt expression and then playfully winked at her, much to her annoyance.

“I don’t buy craps. Get straight to the point.” CL said.

“I like you. Is that straight enough?” Seungri asked seriously, earning a stifled laugh from CL which turned to a very loud laugh.

“Oh, come on!” She said and then laughed once again, making Seungri frustrated.

“This is exactly why I always hesitate telling you.” He said and then left, leaving CL dumbfounded and beyond confused.

“He really meant that?” CL muttered to herself as she eyed him, leaving the bar at once. She quickly stood up and followed him outside, guilty of how she reacted.

 

 


 

 

Jiyong is still M-I-A, making Dara all the more anxious. If he decided not to come, she would never get a chance to do their plan. She heaved a sigh. 

“A penny for your thoughts?” A guy asked as he sat next to Dara near the bar counter. 

“Jaejoong-ssi?” Dara exclaimed, surprised at his presence.

The guy just smiled at her and then signaled something to the bartender. After getting his drink, he looked back at Dara who’s sipping her own drink, still gaping at him. “So, what’s keeping you so pre-occupied?” He asked. 

“Nothing.” She answered sullenly.

“That nothing must be a guy.” He chuckled. Dara just looked at him and smiled awkwardly. “So, I’m right? You are thinking about a guy? Wow. Lucky guy!” He tried to .

“What’s with you today? You seem more upbeat! You were so timid at the office. Something good must have happened huh.” She teased back, liking the comfortable conversation she’s having with Jaejoong.

He scratched the back of his head as if caught and gave her a small smile. “That’s how I want to look at it.”

“I can see you’re very optimistic.” She chuckled, taking another sip of drink.

“Hmmm.. by the way, where’s Bom? She invited me here but I haven’t seen her just yet.” Jaejoong swiveled on his seat and examined the bar.

“She’s not here.” She answered lowly, catching the guy’s attention. “She headed somewhere but will be here in a few minutes. She promised to go here later.” She sighed. “Do you want another drink?” She asked, Jaejoong just smiled at her and nodded.

 “Cheers?” Jaejoong offered as he took the drink from Dara. “Congratulations on your graduation.”

“Thanks!” Dara smiled and gulped the drink in one go.

“Bom-ssi must be having tough times huh.” He said matter-of-factly, catching Dara off guard.

“What made you say that?”

“I noticed. I am a very sensitive guy, you see.” He winked.

“I can tell.” She giggled softly.

"Can you also tell how exceptionally pretty I think you look tonight?" He asked playfully. 

"Hmmm... But I was born exceptionally pretty in the book of all pretty things." She feigned a hurt expression. 

"Conceited!" He laughed. 

Dara laughed along as she felt really comfortable with Jaejoong's company. She doesn't feel any malice between them, and she thinks he's very nice.

 

 


 

 

Jiyong frowned as he enters NB quietly. His eyes immediately zoomed at Dara and he didn’t like what he’s seeing. She was talking comfortably to another guy, although he recognized who that man was.

His brows creased all the more as he saw them having a toast followed by a soft laugh by Dara and Jaejoong.

His jealousy took over him and he found himself walking towards the two. He took the seat near Dara and whispered on her ear which brought chills to the latter. “Enjoying another man’s company tonight, huh.”

“Excuse me?” She asked, not quite getting what he’s saying.

“Of come on, Dara. We both know your kind of guys.” He smirked. Dara noticed the sad look on his face that passed very quickly; Dara blinked, trying to figure out if she had really seen it or her eyes just played tricks on her.

“Are you jealous?” She asked bravely. She gulped as she waits for his answer. She quickly glanced at Jaejoong beside her who seemed tense, just quietly observing them two.

“Are you doing this on purpose? Trying to make me jealous?” He asked in a low voice.

“Why? Are you jealous? Huh, Jiyong?” She asked boldly.

To her surprise, Jiyong just smirked arrogantly before standing up on his feet. “You clearly don’t know just yet how to make someone jealous. But since I feel generous today, let me show you the basics.” And with that, he dragged a girl clad on a short and revealing dress passing by them. 

He then kissed the willing girl while looking at Dara. He didn’t miss the hurt expression in Dara’s face that he wanted to let go and push the girl clinging tightly on him. But he still tried to put up the act until Dara approached them. She was only a few inches away from the other girl. She quickly held his wrist and dragged him outside, leaving the girl stunned as she spanned on her heels.

The moment they reached the exit, in a dark alley, Dara pounded on Jiyong’s chest. “You jerk! What was that for?” As jealousy starts to impinge on her system, she doesn’t know how to let her feelings out quite right.

Jiyong held her hands and made her stop. “No, you tell me. What was that for? Just why did you drag me here exactly?”

“You kissed a girl, right in front of me, Jiyong! You kissed a girl!” She yelled.

“And?” He asked coldly.

Dara lifted her head to meet his cold stare. She slapped him hard on his face. He didn't say anything but just gazed coldly at her again. It was strange that after that slap, she felt all the more hurt than she was awhile ago. “Are you purposely hurting me? You rejected me but here you are flirting and making out with another girl? You jerk!”

“You’re hurt?” He mocked. “Do you want to talk about hurt now huh, Dara? Do you know how much hurt I felt back then? Do you know how ing miserable I was because of you? Those years…you don’t know what those years did to me. You have no idea how much hurt you gave me. I have forgotten myself and my personal needs just because I was giving my all to you.” He confessed, his voice full of anger and pain.

She stared at him but he avoided her eyes. She was taken aback by Jiyong’s words. She never once thought that she had hurt him that much and she feels awfully sorry and regretful. “Jiyong, I didn’t ask you to give everything to me.” She said softly, almost in a whisper.

“Exactly.” He let out a bitter laugh. “You didn’t ask me. I willingly gave my everything to you which makes me all the more pathetic. Don’t I? I was hopeless and you took my feelings for granted.” 

That struck Dara. She wasn't expecting to hear anything like this from Jiyong. He has been really sweet, caring, and thoughtful. She was so blinded she didn't realize how much he was hurting back then. She bowed her head in shame. Both of them remained silent until Dara finally found courage to speak. 

“Jiyong, let’s start again. Things have changed already. I... I love you, I really do!” She confessed with all her might, her hands trembling on her side.

But he just stared at her, face devoid of any emotion. There, they stood in deafening silence.

“Please?” She asked hopelessly as tears start spilling on her eyes.

Upon seeing Dara’s tears, Jiyong became dumbfounded. He felt a painful tug in his heartstring. He tried to look away as Dara starts to sob. God knows he never once wanted Dara to get hurt, but deep inside he wants to make her understand how broken she made him.

“I love you, Jiyong.” Dara confessed once again, this time, she’s putting everything at stake. If it means Jiyong will take her again, she’d gladly risk her pride.

“Really.” It came more like a statement than a question from Jiyong.

“Yes.” She answered after gulping the painful lump forming on .

“Prove it.” He said, challenging her.

Dara peered into his eyes again, searching for explanation. “How?” She asked hesitantly but was met with silence from Jiyong.

Dara held her breathe as foreign feelings engulf her. went dry and her heart stammer hard against her chest. She doesn’t know what to do and she has no idea what Jiyong has on his mind.

“Show me.” He finally answered as he met her gaze.

She inhaled loudly as she studied his face, understanding dawning in. She bravely moved on her spot and took two steps closer. She then took one more deep breath before finally closing the gap between them. She closed her eyes as her lips finally touched his. She was just trying to give him a soft smack on the lips. She quickly pulled back and opened her eyes.

Upon opening her eyes, she then met his piercing gaze, his eyes full of longing and lust. Without saying anything, Jiyong leaned down and forcefully claimed her lips. She suddenly felt chills down her spine. Dara gasped and Jiyong took advantage of it and deepened the kiss. He encircled his hands on her waist and pulled her closer. Dara was consumed by unexplainable bliss that a tear escaped her eyes. She then started responding to his kiss and draped her hands up to his shoulders. Jiyong, realizing that Dara’s already kissing him back, pressed a tight smile on his lips. He kissed her more slowly and passionately this time, totally forgetting the circumstances between them two. Dara raked her fingers through his hair, making the former shiver. He later stopped as he felt his cheeks turned wet. He opened his eyes and found Dara crying with closed eyes. He pulled back and stared at her who gasped for air.

As Dara blinks, more tears start rolling down her flushed cheeks. She bowed down and hastily wiped her tears. She looked up at him again and chuckled. “That was so overwhelming I can’t help but cry. I'm sorry.”

But Jiyong was already rooted on his spot, realizing what he has done and its possible consequences. His eyes widen as he felt the loud beating of his heart. He looked back at Dara who was shyly smiling at him. His gaze zoomed into her lips looking so inviting... but he held himself this time. He breathed out and tried to calm his gut.

“Let’s go inside.” He calmly said.

“Huh?” She asked foolishly, not quite understanding.

“Let’s go in. It’s cold in here. They might be waiting for us already.” He said as he turned his back, walking through the door. Since he noticed that Dara wasn’t moving on her spot, he looked back and gestured her to follow him.

“Neh?” She asked but followed nonetheless. Now, what was that? Dara thought as she walks inside, clueless as to what's playing on JIyong's mind.