Chapter 16

I’ll make you fall for me again

Dara’s POV

 

I nervously cleared my throat as all seven pairs of eyes focused on me. Just after my talk with Jiyong, I was full of confidence that I can win his heart again. But seeing our friends in front of me, waiting for me to talk, I feel like my confidence is slowly ebbing away. I nervously fidget on my seat.

“What is this all about, Dara?” said Bom. I called every one of them right after my little shenanigan in the airport. I need a plan… a plan my friends could possibly give me.

“Ummm.” I cleared my throat once again and settled on my seat. We are all gathered in our veranda. I scrunched my nose. I don’t really know where to start.

“Yah, Dara-yah. If you still wouldn’t say what it is, I’m afraid I need to go ahead. I have an important meeting to catch up on, you know.” TOP oppa said impatiently. I saw Bom worriedly side-glanced at him and then exaggeratedly widened her eyes on me, scolding me discreetly.

 “Mian.” I bowed in embarrassment. I wanted to knock my own head for letting them wait. They are all busy with their businessess and here I am, about to ask them a childish favor. I bowed my head again.

“Hyung, let’s give her time to talk.” It was Yongbae oppa who talked after a moment of silence. I lifted my head to meet his eyes, silently thanking him. He smiled warmly in return. He’s always been the most understanding and gentle among Bigbang. “So, what is it you need from us?” He asked.

“Well…” I started. “You see, I tried to pick Jiyong up this morning and told him that I wanted to be his girlfriend.” I paused. I saw Minzy, Seungri oppa, and Daesung oppa gasped while CL and Yongbae oppa settled on their seats, leaning towards me. Bom smiled widely while TOP oppa’s face has a bored look written on it.

 “But… but he told me he’s no longer interested in me.” I sighed, full of regret and sadness.

"He what?" Seungri oppa asked. 

"He said he's not interested." I repeated. I pressed my trembling lips. 

“That’s impossible. We all know how much he loves you.” Daesung oppa said lowly, almost like a whisper. I can tell that he’s still bewildered, just like I am.

I smiled faintly. “Honestly, the thought that he rejected me hasn’t fully sunk in to me just yet but I’m starting to feel its weight already. I know Jiyong, he wouldn’t say something he doesn’t really mean.”

“Dara, hyung loves you so much. I’m so sure of it. Maybe he has a good reason why he had to do that.” Seungri oppa tried to console me.

“Now that you said it, I’m really curious why he did that.” Bom said after much contemplation, arms crossed over her chest. TOP oppa remained unfazed in his seat beside Bom. He refused to say anything but I can tell that he’s also in deep thought. I shifted my gaze from TOP oppa to Minzy when I heard her speak.

“Unnie, don’t worry. I will definitely help you with oppa.” She cheered. I breathed out and tried to put up a smile. I know that they’ll support me on this.

“Thank you. I’ll find a way to win him back.” I smiled brightly at her.

“That’s my girl.” Yongbae oppa said and patted my head.

“But unnie, how are you going to do it?” Minzy asked. I heaved a sigh. “Actually, that is the reason why I asked you to come over… I would want to ask for suggestions.” I lowered my gaze as my embarrassment slowly seeps in again.

“Wah! Dara, you called for the right persons!” Seungri oppa beamed.

I shifted my eyes to meet his, he was grinning from ear to ear. Uh-oh. This doesn’t look good.

“Hmmm… I have some suggestions that could be really useful for you.” He said playfully and then laughed maniacally. What does he mean by that? I looked at Daesung oppa curiously but he just shrugged his shoulder.

“I’m sorry but I couldn’t help you on this.” TOP oppa suddenly said, startling me. I looked up at him as he stood up, ready to leave. Bom suddenly rushed towards him. After taking a few steps, he looked back again at us and met my gaze. “Dara, you are my close friend. But Jiyong is the closest friend I have. I respect whatever decisions he has. If he said that he doesn’t want to be your boyfriend, I don’t want to mess with his decisions. I will have to respect that. You understand me, right?”

TOP oppa is a no-non sense. He talks rarely but I know he means well. I nodded. “Neh. I understand. Oppa, I’m sorry if I involved you in my childishness.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He took two long strides and was almost by the door when he looked back again. “And Dara…” He started. We all looked at him, waiting for his next words. He smiled gently. “Good luck. I’m rooting for you.”

I felt my cheeks burned upon hearing his encouragement. Although we have always been together in many occasions, oppa has always been quite distant. We are still a bit uncomfortable as we rarely engage in conversations. Hearing him now, I was overwhelmed by his kind words.

“Kamsahamnida.” I smiled widely. He nodded and left. Bom giggled after oppa left and beamed. “He’s secretly into Dara and Jiyong loveteam. Ssantokki, you know that you can always depend on us.” She winked. “I will personally supervise your latest endeavor in love. Oh! I’m really excited!” She giggled once again and then pounced on me, hugging me tightly. 

“We will also help you.” Yongbae oppa said, the other two oppas also nodded.

We all looked at CL who has been quiet the whole time. We are waiting for her to say something. She looked away awkwardly.

“Chaerin?” I asked expectantly.

She looked at me and bowed down. “Dara, I’m sorry but I can’t openly support you on this one. You know, Donghae oppa is my cousin and…. “ I felt her uneasiness and hesitation as she paused. “…and to be honest, I’m still rooting for him.” She let an apologetic smile.

“Chaerin, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it. I completely understand.”

She smiled back and look me in the eye. “But remember that I’ll be happy for whatever will make you most happy.”

 “Neh. Kamsa.” I replied, feeling grateful.

 

 


 

 

I shuddered as the cold wind blew past me. Damn. This short dress is killing me. Why did I agree in doing this again? I scolded myself and checked my watch. It’s already 8 o’clock. I called Jiyong earlier and asked him to meet me for dinner. He told me he can’t come but I insisted. I told him I am going to consult him about an important matter but that’s just an excuse of course. He later agreed but told me he can’t pick me up for he’s very much needed in the office. I told him we can just meet up in the restaurant.

I was supposed to wait inside but I have to heed to Seungri oppa’s plan. He gave me some advice yesterday during our talk.

 

“Dara-yah, men cannot resist women who look sophisticated and independent. But when I say sophisticated, that includes y black dress and a killer heels. Man, I can’t even take my eyes away when I see one.” Oppa looked up like he’s in the middle of daydreaming and bit his lower lip while smiling foolishly.

Yongbae oppa suddenly hit his head. “Yah! You look creepy. Don’t scare the girls.”

“Hyung, you know that I am just telling the truth. Tell me, can you resist a pretty girl in her y black dress? I bet you can’t.” Seungri oppa teased. I studied Yongbae oppa’s expression and he looked taken a back.

“It’s true?” CL asked. I think she also caught oppa’s reaction but oppa didn’t say anything and just smiled guiltily like he’s caught or something.

“How about you, Daesung oppa?” I eyed him seriously.

He scratched the back of his head and smiled helplessly. “Can I not answer the question?” He asked.

“We’d appreciate if you’d be honest, oppa.” It was Bom who asked in my behalf.

“Well…” He hesitated. “Truth be told, I am also kinda attracted with those…those type of girls.” He said those words very fast I almost did not catch it. He awkwardly looked away and then cleared his throat.

“See?” Seungri oppa in. “Being real men is what we do best.” He smiled naughtily, trying to convince me. 

“I’m not sold to this idea. We all know that Jiyong oppa will not fall for these kinds of tricks.”Minzy said.

 Seungri oppa suddenly went to Minzy’s side and put his arm around her shoulder. “Minzy, you do not know your brother very well. If you only know how long he waited to get lai—OUCH!” He winced in pain. Daesung oppa nudged his chest HARD…that must have really hurt.

I raised my brow. These guys try their best to act cool and mighty but they all eventually turn pabo and grease. Tch.

“Hmmmm…I have decided. I’ll do what oppa suggested.” I said with finality after giving it much thought. The reactions of the three of them are very much convincing. Maybe Jiyong will have the same reaction.

He then walked next to me. “Good! But remember to make sure he sees you standing. First impression lasts you know. If he saw you sitting, he won’t get the mood right. He has to see you standing, with your fair legs showing and all that. You already know what I mean. Remember, set the mood right. Arasso?” He whispered in my ear.

“Neh.” I nodded.

“Also, make sure to strut your assets. Work with men’s weaknesses.” He winked, flashing his mischievous smile.

 “Arasso. Arasso. I’ll do my best.” I smiled.  

“Good. Let the Seungri’s Get Kwon Jiyong Plan commence!” He beamed. 

 

 

Aissshhh. What have I gotten myself into? Omo! Will this really work? I am starting to seriously doubt the plan. On top of that, Jiyong still hasn’t come. I looked longingly at the restaurant with people comfortably having dinner; its warmth seemed really inviting. If Jiyong won’t arrive any minute now, I’m afraid my legs would turn numb and freeze. Aigoo. Why did I believe that ert Seungri in the first place?  

Cold wind blew again, making me shiver. As my precious body can no longer take it, I tried to jump, rubbed my hands, and moved on my spot. I wiggled vigorously, not minding the curious stares of the guards and some people passing by.  They might wonder why a young woman clad in a skimpy dress endures the chilly temperature in this freaking cold night but I don’t freaking care. I wiggled again while rubbing my legs awkwardly, wanting to ease the cold. I was busily doing that when HOLY COW-- I spotted no other than Jiyong staring intently at meeeeeeee.

My heart thumped hard against my chest and my mind suddenly went wayward. Realization slowly dawned into me. He just saw me looking gauche in a very uncompromising situation. Ottoke! I’m suddenly in complete mental breakdown. I smiled and waved at him awkwardly. I saw him furrowed his brows. Great job, Dara. Great job. You just made a complete fool of yourself.

I tried to stand upright but ended up looking really clumsy. I gazed downward, awfully embarrassed.

“What are you doing?” I heard him say, now only few feet away from me.

“Ummm. Waiting?” I answered hesitantly.

“And why are you waiting here? You should have waited inside. And Dara, what’s with that dress?” He sounded amused and angry at the same time. In other word, unimpressed.

 “I decided to wait for you here but yeah… it’s really stupid of me to wait.” I said but I didn’t hear any word from him after. I slowly gazed upward to see his face. I was welcomed by his unfathomable expression. He was just staring deep into my eyes. I was then astounded when I saw him moving closer to me. I flinched the moment I felt his hand on my face. His hands later touched my shoulders briefly. That short moment brought unexplainable warmth and comfort that I secretly wished he’d hold me again. But when I looked up again expectantly, I was just welcomed by another round of scolding.

“You are as cold as ice. Are you out of your mind? Do you want to get sick? Aisshhh. Why are you being so careless? Let’s go.” He said, full of authority in his voice.

I was left on my spot. The brief skinship still replaying in my head.

“Yah! What are you waiting for? Follow me. It’s a good thing I have extra clothes in my car.”

I followed along, not really understanding a word he’s saying as I was still fully immersed in my own thoughts.

Jiyong dragged me inside the car and ordered me to wear his pants on top of my dress. He also pulled a jacket and demanded me to wear it. I was flabbergasted. No, flabbergasted is an understatement.

“Jiyong, don’t do this to me. I don’t want to wear these.” I was almost at my wits end. I felt like crying as he dragged me inside the restaurant.

“Cut the act. You don’t look that bad." He said seriously but I know he’s just trying his best to suppress his laughter.

“I don't look bad. I look funny! Please...please.. let me just buy a new and longer dress. Come on, Jiyong. There’s a boutique near here.” I pleaded as I pull my hand.

“We don’t have much time. I need to go back in the office after this dinner.” He retorted.

“Jiyong, please. I swear I’d be quick. I'd be really quick. Just don’t let…” I tried to plead again but he just cut me off.

“One more word Dara, one more word and I’ll bring you home this instant.” He said seriously. I pouted and face palmed. I cannot take the curious gaze people inside the restaurant are giving me as we go towards our table. I cannot even lift my head to meet their stares. I just want to run away and hide. I’m praying hard no one would recognize me. Aigoo...

 

Whatever happened to my killer black dress and heels strategy? Seungri oppa's plan is an epic fail. Ottoke! Someone, help me. TT.TT

 

 


 

A/N:

 

This is a shout out to my friend and Pol @jamanicad who is new to kpop and all these fanfics. I am really glad she liked this story and subscribed. She actually told me she’s now Jiyong’s fangirl! Really made me happy. :) 


My dearest subbies, what can you say about this chapter? Is it a bit messy? Let me know your thoughts. Your comments inspire me. :)