Chapter 12

I’ll make you fall for me again

Dara’s POV

 

“AGAIN? You rejected him again?” Bom said scandalously inside my room. She was sitting in my bed while I busily unpack my things and put my clothes in the closet, my back facing her.  

“Yahh. Can you lower your voice?” I hissed.  

“I just can’t believe you reject him all the freaking time. What’s wrong with you!”  Bom whined frustratingly.

“Nothing’s wrong with me. You know why I always do that.” I stopped putting my dress onto the hanger, sat down in the bed, and heaved a sigh.  “It’s not like I intend to hurt him all the time. You know I don’t want to do that. But if I’ll accept his love when I really can’t reciprocate it, it will be unfair.” I looked down on the dress in my hands, clenching it.

I heard Bom’s loud sigh. I lifted my gaze to meet her eyes. “I understand. It’s just that I feel bad for him…for both of you. You’re missing a lot, you know.” She said while my arm.

I puffed some air because of too much frustration. “I knew him since I was young so we’re very familiar to each other. He doesn’t have that ‘mystery’ I yearn to other guys because I know him too well. I can’t draw the line between friendship and love because I cannot even put malice to everything we do. If I’d consider them as anything romantic, it’s going to be too boring for both of us because those are the things we usually do in the first place. Do you get me now, Bommah?”

“If you are looking for malice, you could have just said so earlier. Why did you make him wait for so many years if it’s just the malice that’s missing? Silly girl.” She smiled sinfully. 

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

“To step up your relationship, I know exactly what to do. I can tell Jiyong oppa, you know.” Bom said teasingly, wriggling her brows. “I am sure he’d gladly comply.”

“Bom, that is not what I mea---”

The door suddenly swung open, revealing a panting CL. She looked a bit baffled upon seeing Bom in my room but quickly composed herself.  CL, Minzy and I are sharing one beach cottage but occupy individual rooms. Since we don’t have any delusions that Bom and TOP oppa haven’t done ‘it’ yet, we let them share their own cottage albeit smaller. Jiyong, Daesung oppa, Yongbae oppa, and Seungri are also sharing one.

“I’m sorry I didn’t knock. I saw the door open so I figured I can just come in.” She said apologetically.

“Chincha? Maybe I left it open when I went inside.” Bom said while glancing at the door.

“Do you need anything, CLroo?” I asked.

“Ahhh—ani. I’m just going to check what your plans are for today. I mean…Where do you plan to go today?” She seemed restless. She kinda looks fidgety.  

“Are you all right?” Bom asked, she stood up and checked CL’s temperature. Maybe she noticed CL’s restlessness too.

“Pfft.” CL rolled her eyes playfully and then chuckled lightly. “It’s just because of the weather maybe. Don’t mind me. I’m totally fine.” She then sat down on my bed too, clutching one pillow on her lap. 

“Hmmm…let me see.” I briefly ran through my plans in my mind.  “Well, I’m planning to just check the stores, stroll in the beach, and then just sunbathe.”

“I see. So, you are just going to stay within the coast.” CL said half asking and half declaring.

“Yep!” I smiled at her and stood up to continue putting my clothes in the closet.

“I’m planning to get inked.” Bom declared.

“As in permanently?” I asked.

“Nope. Just temporary. I wanna try hula, too. Wanna join?” Bom asked both CL and me.

“Nah. I’d pass.” CL answered almost instantly.

“I’ll think about it.” I said. I was already done in unpacking and was about to lie on the bed when CL nudged me and asked.

“Dara, can I just join you today? I mean, I don’t have much plans so I just want to ride on your plans.”

“Sure.” I answered. “So, this day is going to be a Dara and CL bonding huh.” I smiled at her.  

 

 


 

I stood frozen on my spot, the clear image of Donghae oppa standing in front of me is not completely dawning in.  I was having a little girl bonding moment with CL while walking on the beach when a very familiar voice called me. I have not heard his voice for so long but I know by heart it’s his. CL, who was holding my arm a while ago, tightened her grip upon hearing his voice too. I looked back almost the same time CL did. I then felt CL tugging me faster on the other side, not wanting me to see him. But I stopped on my tracks and looked back to meet him. He was wheezing, probably because of running to catch us up.

“Hey!” He started. He smiled at me, meeting my eyes.

I lowered my gaze. My heart suddenly went wild, thoughts of my first love and first heartbreak are gushing in. I don’t know if I should smile back. Should I?

“Oppa, Dara and I are actually trying to keep up with something. Let’s go, Dara.” CL said and tugged me once again, prompting me to move.

“Ah…chincha?” Donghae oppa looked at me, peering into my eyes. I still cannot hold his gaze so I looked away.

“N—neh.” I slowly said.

He furrowed his brow gently, like he’s thinking of something.  “I’ll catch up with you next time then. “ He paused and scratched the back of his head like a shy guy—exactly how I remember him.  “Ahhh..Until when are you going to stay here?”

“We are staying until Friday.” I answered, forcing a small smile.

“Oh great!”  He quipped and flashed his boyish smile, the sunrays of the setting sun illuminating his handsome face. “I’ll be here until Thursday. I’ll definitely see you again then.”

I just nodded in response. We are about to move away when oppa suddenly called out CL. “Chaerin-ah, we have to talk, all right?”

CL looked uneasy as she bowed down before talking. “Neh.” She muttered, almost like a whisper.

“We’ll go ahead.” I said. We were already some meters away when I glanced back at him. I saw him wave lightly to me. I looked away as my mind became clouded with so many thoughts about him and about what just happened. Omo, we met again.

 

 


 

“I’m sorry I lied to you.” CL moved closer to me as we walk inside our lodging. “I actually saw Donghae oppa earlier while I was shopping. We were both surprised when we bumped into each other. He said he is attending a business convention here so I told him I’m here for a vacation. He asked me about you but I told him I am not spending this vacation with you. I know that you don’t want to see him just yet so I figured I should do everything to prevent you from seeing him.”  She said as she bent down her head.

“Is that why you asked my plans and told me to stay within the coast?”

“Neh.” She said shyly. “I was actually anxious that you might see him or something. But as I feared, he spotted us. Worse, I am now really feeling bad because he figured that I lied.” She sighed loudly and looked up. I think she’s trying to blink away the tears forming in her eyes.

“It’s okay CL. Don’t worry about it, okay?” I cooed as I gave her a warm smile.

“Oppa and I are really close and I haven’t lie at him even once. I feel really guilty now.” CL bowed her head again.

“I am sorry you had to lie.” I answered sadly. She must have missed oppa so much but decided to stay away from him to be with me today.

“Ani! That’s not what I mean.” She waved her hands, dismissing what I said. “You didn’t force me to do that. Don’t think about it that way.”

“I know. That is why I am very thankful. I want to talk to him and ask him about so many things but I don’t think it’s still needed.” I said softly. 

 “But what if he insists to talk to you? One way or another I am sure that you’ll see each other again and you will talk no matter how you evade him.”

I didn’t answer back and just stared at the beach by the window.

“You still like him, don’t you?” CL then asked as she stood behind me, probably staring at the beach too.

I breathed out loud.
 

 

 

“Yes. I think I still do.”

 

 


 

 

Author’s POV

 

The boys are inside a bar, chilling with the loud music on the background with drinks on their hands. Seungri and Daesung are accompanied by random girls they met earlier, busily flirting with them. TOP decided to quit womanizing and stick to Bom during the whole duration of the vacation although he glances once in a while to pretty girls passing by their table. Yongbae was just moving gracefully in his seat, grooving with the music. Jiyong, on the other hand, was focused on his drink.

“Tell me, aren’t you envious of those two?” TOP asked Jiyong while glancing at the two maknae.

Jiyong glanced at them too and answered back.  “No.” He took another sip of his drink.

TOP raised one brow, mocking him. “Really?”

“Yep. Dara is way better than those two girls combine.” Jiyong took another look at the girls who are now kissing his friends. He shook his head in annoyance.

“That’s not what I mean, silly.” TOP replied after drinking.

“Then what?”

“Of course Dara is better than them. But aren’t you envious that we get to play with some girls and you know, do those things men are supposed to do?”

Jiyong chuckled and looked incredulously at TOP. “You sound like a erted jerk right now.”

TOP just chortled. “Know what? You sound exactly like a young man who wants to get laid but refuses to acknowledge the fact.”

“Geez. Drop it, TOP. It’s not funny.” Jiyong slumped on his seat.

“Well, let’s get real here. You’ve been courting Dara for years. I wonder how you manage to wait that long.” TOP said seriously while looking ahead, smiling at a y girl who winked at him.

Jiyong shrugged upon realizing what TOP is doing. “I’m courting her not to satisfy my needs or whatever. You know that more than anyone else. I just love her so much.”  

TOP looked back at him. “Seriously though, until when do you plan to wait? I don’t think your efforts are paying off. Instead of making her fall for you, it’s like you’re bringing her to the point where she’s too comfortable with you. But not in a romantic way, you know. I have a feeling that since everytime she pushes you away, you persistently stay with her, she is somehow assured that you won’t leave her no matter what. That’s a comforting feeling… but very different with romance.”

“I haven’t put too much thought about that actually. It’s just that, I am very sure I can wait. I still can. Damn.” Jiyong ruffled his hair and then took another sip of alcohol. “She’s worth all the wait.” He added and then smiled widely like an idiot.  

“You’re a lovesick.” TOP said after seeing what Jiyong just did.  

“And you’re a jerk.” He retorted.  

“You’re the only one who says that.” TOP dismissed, sipping his alcohol.  

“That’s what you think. Our friends all think you are being a jerk to Bom.”

“My relationship with Bom is an entirely different case.”  TOP answered thoughtfully. He put down his glass and looked down, trying to evade the topic. 

“You know that she’s very close to me. I treat her almost like a sister.” Jiyong muttered under his breath. The topic is getting serious by the minute.  

“It’s not like I’m hurting her or something.”  TOP lifted his head and meet Jiyong’s gaze.

“You think so?” Jiyong asked, doubtful.  

“Positive.” TOP said, sounding confidently this time.

“What made you say that?”

“You know why I liked Bom and why I’m still keeping her. She’s straightforward and honest. I was blown away when she told me she likes me and right there and then I thought, ‘I like this girl’. I told her I am not up for any commitment and she accepted that. We had an agreement. If she’s being hurt by some things I do on the sideline, I am sure she’d tell that right in my face. That’s how straightforward she is. But look at us, she’s still with me after these years. That only means our set up is fine with her.”

“Girls have different ways of expressing themselves. That’s what I learn from omma, Dara, Minzy, and Bom. I have a feeling Bom’s just tolerating it.”

“Bom is special to me, too. She’s very special. If the set up hurts her and if she tells me she can’t stand it anymore, then I’d let her go. I am not as jerk as you think I am. You know I don’t like jerks. What we have is a mutual understanding. I believe she perfectly understands our situation.”

Jiyong just shrugged his shoulder. Still not understanding TOP’s philosophy in love. What he sees is Bom quietly hurting… but he doesn’t want to meddle on their issues. Since TOP and Bom are still together, maybe things are really working out for them. “But.. if she suddenly thought of having someone on the sideline too, would you be fine with that?”

“I don’t want to think about that.” TOP said after a moment of pondering.

“Jerk.” Jiyong said but TOP simply pick up his glass and gulped everything in one go.

 

 


 

 

It was past midnight when the guys decided to go back to their cottages. Everyone’s tipsy aside from Yongbae. When TOP reached his cottage, he carefully went inside to not awaken Bom. He silently opened the door of the room and peeked at Bom’s sleeping state. He walked towards their bed and gazed at Bom’s face. She is indeed really beautiful. Her face looks calm and quiet. He chuckled lightly as he realized how different she is when she’s awake.

TOP and Bom share a long time of being together but do not talk that much about their personal issues in life. They are contented in whatever they have for each other. Or maybe that’s what he’s been thinking all along. Is she having a hard time because of me? He thought as he lightly touched her face. Bom scrunched her face with the contact and slightly opened her eyes. She smiled upon seeing TOP. She tried to sit but TOP gingerly tapped her shoulder, prodding her not to move. He then lied down and pulled her closer to him, hugging her by the waist. Bom smiled at his gesture, these are the very reasons why she can’t find the guts to leave him. She loves him too much.

“Bom?” TOP asked.

“Hmmm?” Bom answered, eyes closed, finding comfort in his arms.

“Are you happy with me?” His hold in her waist tightened, anticipating her answer.

“Of course.” She answered instantly, making him smile.

“No regrets?” He asked once more. Bom did not respond instantly so he lowered his head to look at Bom.  “Hmmm??” He coaxed.

“Aniyo.” Bom finally answered and gave him a sweet smile.

“All right. Let’s sleep.” TOP dozed to sleep with a smile on his face. Unknown to him, Bom is already widely awake.  She was petrified with TOP’s sudden questioning. Is he thinking of ending this relationship? If I say I have regrets, would he leave me just like that? She felt like crying just thinking about it. She clenched the bed sheet hard with trembling hands to suppress her tears. 

 

 


 

The second day of their vacation was pretty much normal. The girls spent their morning in the spa while the boys tried surfing. In the afternoon, they went separate ways. Jiyong and Dara went out with Minzy to look around. Bom and TOP just stayed in their cottage, CL excused herself and roamed on her own, the rest of the boys went island hopping. Only Dara knows where CL really went and who she’s with. They both decided not to tell the others about their encounter with Donghae.

During the third day, they all decided to stick together. They explored one island and went scuba diving afterwards. Jiyong was extra mindful of Dara and Minzy, although both are great swimmers and licensed divers. As to not ruin the little Jiyong and Dara moment, Minzy decided to tag along with CL and Seungri instead.

When they were done diving, Jiyong and Dara were the first ones to emerge and rest in the yacht. Jiyong helped Dara with her suit as he ped it from her back. Although Jiyong is used to being that close to Dara, he still can’t help but gasp with their closeness. She swiped her hair at one side, revealing her fair and gorgeous nape. His mouth suddenly went dry and a lump formed in his throat, he can’t seem to breathe properly. He slowly ped the suit down to her waist. He smelled her familiar scent which instantly turned his inside into a mush. She was wearing a striking red bikini underneath which complements her porcelain skin well. He gulped one more time. He didn’t see her earlier in a bikini because the girls went out of the restroom a while ago wearing the diving suit already. She mumbled her thanks then quickly passed by him to pick her robe and wear it. He remained rooted on his spot, still in entranced state. 

“Yahhhhh!”

He heard her exclaimed, pulling him out of his reverie. “Ne---neh.”

“Are you all right? I was talking to you a while ago and you were not answering.”

“I’m just thinking about something.” He answered.

“Yah! Don’t you dare include me in your fantasies. I’ll cut your balls if you do!” She exclaimed. He just chuckled, really amused of his Ssantoki’s bluntness.

 “I cannot promise that. My Ssantoki is so irresistibly gorg---“

 His eyes widen upon seeing the goggles she hurled on his face. He felt a sudden pang in his mouth, he looked at her in horror. He was just kidding but she actually hit him because of that. He touched his upper lip, he was a bit disoriented when he saw tinge of blood on his finger.

She suddenly walked towards him and touched his wounded lips. “Omo! I’m sorryyyyyy. Ottoke, ottoke. Mianhe. Jiyong, mianhe. Ottoke.” She was panicking, she pulled her own hair and is about to cry.

The events suddenly turned in a bizarre way. Jiyong is now cooing Dara because she’s crying too hard. He was trying to comfort her, totally forgetting the pain in his lips. “Don’t cry. I’m all right. See? I’m all right.”

He held her chin and lightly lifted her face upwards, encouraging her to look at him. She looked at him with tears welling in her eyes. He smiled at her but suddenly twitched as he felt the pain again. She looked worriedly at him, but she was stunned when he saw him gazing at her, his eyes not leaving hers. She felt him slowly moving closer, she was pulled by the moment, her brain refused to function well because of mixed feelings.  She is still staring at his face that is inching closer towards her. She felt her heart thumped hard, her insides felt hot and she felt like gasping for air. His lips are going to meet hers if she won’t do anything now but her body seems to have a mind of its own. She cannot move on her spot! Damn.