Chapter 05

I’ll make you fall for me again

 

Dara’s POV

Jiyong did not comment anything about my news aside from a simple “I see” and “Tell uncle too”. I expected some heated arguments here and there but the dinner went surprisingly quiet. Too quiet for my own liking actually. I think Jiyong’s finally realizing that I’m a grown up now and men would eventually show interest in me sooner or later.

Bom’s also turned quiet but I could tell that she’s brewing something on her mind. She eyed me and Jiyong with an annoying smile plastered on her face. I know she’s up to no good.

After our lunch, Jiyong told us that he immediately needs to do something so he’ll have to send us back home. I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping we can go shopping after. I honestly missed Jiyong’s company and our playful bickering. After his break up with Sohee, I noticed how he became somewhat distant. I think he’s having a hard time dealing with his break up. Ahhh..poor Jiyong.

I turned to Bom but she seemed uninterested to accompany me, so we ended up heading home. I was doing nothing but browsing the tv channels at my room when I suddenly heard my phone ringing. My lips instantly formed a smile as I read the caller id.

“Yoboseyo?” I said, excited to hear his gentle voice again.

“Annyeong! I would just like to check if you’re home already.” Donghae said on the other line.

“Ahh neh. I just got back actually. How about you? Are you home?”

“Yes. Chaerin’s with me by the way. She arrived earlier.”

“Really? Please tell her I said hi.”

“Ahhh. Neh.” He said. I heard him whisper something, probably talking to Chaerin.

A moment of silence passed until Donghae said something again. “Dara, I just wonder if you want to go out with me...maybe tomorrow?”

I can sense that he’s worried I might reject him. Cute!

“Hmmm… where do you plan to go?” I asked.

“Ehh?? Does it mean you want to go with me?”

“Yeah. I have nothing else to do anyway.” I said, trying my very best to hide my anticipation.

“Let’s meet at Blends Café in Hongdae at 2 pm. Is that okay?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow then! I’ll hang up now.”

“Neh.”

“Thanks, Dara! See you! Good bye!”

“Good bye!” I smiled as I press the end button. Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh! I let a small scream while rolling in my bed, I can’t contain my feelings!  

“Ottoke, what should I wear? It’s going to be my first date tomorrow. Ahhh. I better prepare.” I wonder how it’d turn out. For the past months of courtship, all we managed to do is call, text, and meet at school.  But tomorrow, we would finally have a date! Damn. I’m so excited. Kekeke. I better tell the girls.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I was a bit surprised when my close friends decided to hang out in my house to play games. I am not really in the mood to play with them today. I’d rather lock myself in the room and think of what to do with Dara. My mind can’t seem to process her news properly. It’s not sinking in well. Aissshhhh. I grumpily grunted.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Seungri said, curiously staring at me. He’s the maknae in our group. He actually came up with the name of our group – Big Bang. He thought of it while we’re having a shower after our swimming class. He just blurted out random words as something like…”Woah! Hyungs, you all have big…” We all looked at him curiously and I can tell he became shy as his face looks like a big tomato – all red, I tell you. “Bang!” is all he managed to say. He’s the only one calling us that but we ended up adopting that weird name as well.

“Neh. I’m just not feeling well.” I replied.

“You should have told us earlier. Should we leave now and give you time to rest?” Yongbae asked worriedly. He put the game console down.

“Aniyo. You can stay. I’ll just stay here and try to nap. You can continue playing.” I said as I close my eyes, my temple.

“Did something happen, hyung?” I heard Daesung ask.

“Actually… yes.” I can’t keep it to myself any longer. I need to ask their opinion. I sat straight; they stopped playing and faced me.

“I ate lunch with Bom and Dara. They said something that I didn’t want to hear.”

“What did they say?” Yongbae asked.

“Well, they said that…that…well, Dara and I might not have the same relationship because of what they said and I don’t want that to happen.” I said frustratingly.

“Hyung, can you stop beating around the bush and just spill it?” Seungri said impatiently. TOP is just staring at me, coaxing for me to go on.

“Umm…Dara said that she’s seeing Donghae. I think she likes him.” I said sadly.

“Woah! Donghae hyung?” Seungri exclaimed with shocked face. Yongbae elbowed him in his chest, annoyed.

“Hyung, you like Dara-ssi right?” Daesung asked.

I sighed. “Neh.” There’s no point denying it now.

“I knew it!” Seungri exclaimed. “You’re not exactly good at hiding your feelings, hyung.”

“Am I that obvious?” I asked.

“Very.” Yongbae answered.

“I guess I am.” I smiled.

“What are you going to do then?” TOP finally spoke.

“That is exactly my problem now… I don’t know what to do. She doesn’t have an idea that I love her. I don’t know how she’d react if I tell her.” I helplessly shoved my face on my hands.

“Well, you would never know if you wouldn’t try. Besides, you can’t just do nothing while Donghae-ssi is already getting ahead.” Yongbae said seriously.

Seungri suddenly chuckled.

“What is so amusing, maknae?” Yongbae asked.

“I’m sorry hyung. It’s just that this is my first time seeing Jiyong hyung not knowing what to do. He always has a game plan.” Seungri said while biting his inner cheeks, trying to suppress his laugh.

I just glared at him.

“That’s it! You need a game plan! Start with confessing your feelings.” Daesung quipped.

“I’m not sure if I can do that. I don’t want to risk our relationship.” I hesitatingly said.

“Aissshhh. Hyung! Where is the confident Jiyong that we know?” He asked me.

“If she reacts negatively, it might be the end of our friendship. And I don’t want to lose her.”

“You would eventually lose her if Donghae managed to snatch her away from you. Hyung, make up your mind.” Daesung said again, encouraging me.

“Arasso. Guess, you’re right. I have no other choice, do I?” I tried to smile.

“You should go away with that ‘friend zone’, hyung. You have stayed there for so long.” Seungri said while gesturing quotation marks with his hands.

That hit me. I’ve been friends with her for so long, I would never be her boyfriend if I would not confess. All right. I’ll tell her soon. I would not let Donghae get her from me. Never!

“Thank you guys for the advice.” I looked at them, feeling grateful that I have such good friends.

“Don’t mention it.” Yongbae said.

“All right. Go on with your games. And don’t let maknae win.” I said playfully.

“Ah. Hyung!” Seungri said, pouting like a kid.

We were busily playing when we heard Minzy screaming on the phone. We all looked at her direction. She’s walking downstairs. I think she’s going towards the kitchen. She’s giggling, obviously happy with whoever she’s talking with. She soon looked at us, flinched a little when she noticed us staring at her. She smiled apologetically at us, said something on the phone, and ended the call. She walked towards us, smiling widely.

“Oppas! I didn’t know you were all here.” She said tenderly.

“We’ve been here for awhile now actually.” Daesung said.

“Oh. I see. Do you want me to prepare something for you? Snacks perhaps? I guess my oppa forgot his manners, aigoo.” She jokingly said. She probably noticed the empty table.

“Chincha? Please give us snacks, juseyo!” Seungri said.

Minzy laughed. “Arasso. I’d ask maid’s help to prepare drinks but I’ll personally cook some pasta.”

“Kamsahamnida!” They said in chorus.

“Minzy-ah, why are you so giggly?” I asked, curiousity getting the best of me.

“Oh. Oppa, I just heard a news from Dara unnie.” She said, grinning brightly. The other boys looked curiously at Minzy too, interested to whatever she will say.

I stiffened. “So, she told you already?” I asked her. Maybe Dara told her what she told me earlier.

“You know too?” She said, kinda shocked.

“Neh.” I simply said.

“Ohh.. this is surprising! I thought she wouldn’t tell you. It’s good that you’re now letting her date, oppa. It’s about time you stop guarding her from her suitors.” Minzy replied knowingly. She’s too mature for her age.

“What?” I shrieked. “I never let her date.” I snorted.

“Mwo?” She baffled. “I thought she told you that she’s going on a date with Donghae oppa tomorrow afternoon in Hongdae.” Her eyes turned wide upon realizing what she just said.

I clenched my fist. My heart beat so fast, my insides twisting in a knot.

“Oopppsss.” She held . “You didn’t know, oppa?”

“Ani.” I answered. I saw dropped.

“Ottoke!” She panicked.  “Don’t tell her I told you. Don’t tell Dara unnie I slipped. Omo! She’s gonna be mad at me if she knew. Oppa! Please??” Minzy pleaded.

I breathed out and said, “I won’t. Don’t worry Minzy-ah.”

Minzy sighed loudly. “All right. I’ll prepare your snacks now.” She turned her back and took some steps away when she suddenly turned around and faced me. “Oppa, don’t do anything stupid, arasso? Unnie might not like it.” She warned me. 

I just pursed my lips.

 When Minzy is finally away, TOP suddenly talked. “Jiyong, move your lazy . It’s about time.”

“My thoughts exactly.”

 

 


 

A/N:

This update is for all my lovely subscribers and for imaseokyudaragon. Thanks for commenting. :D

 

Yeorobun, how do you find the story so far? Let me know you thoughts. Hengsho!