Chapter 11

Please Don't Go (UNDER RECONSTRUCTION)

I'm so sorry I haven't updated! I had my senior prom last week and typing with nails isnt the easiest thinh to do. It took me over a week just to be able to type agian..  sigh but anywayI know i got a few nee subbies! I lodt track on that but thank you for subbing!! So now on with the story! <- Old A/N (i wrote this as a senior... i am 21 now.. oh god I am so old...)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ms. Lee was shocked at the words her son just said. Her son just cried and cried. 

"Kwangie. I'm so sorry. My poor baby."

"Umma how could he do this to me! He promised he would stay by my side. He told me he cared about me. Why." 
"Kwangie remember you have Doojoon too."
"Umma I know you miss them. They were your best friends." 
"Of course I miss them. I was the one that set up Yoseob's parents with help from your father. But Kwangie I think Yoseob moved on. But think about it so did you. You have Doojoon with you now. Can you really give up Doojoon to go back to Yoseob. And if you did will you think Yoseob is going to take you back. I think it would be ok to try to get him back if he was just dating but Kwangie remember he is now getting married. He had been with this person longer than you have. Yes you guys have been best friends since you both could walk but you both didn't have a romantic relationship for very long."
"If wasn't for dad I should have been the one next to him right now planning our wedding. It should be me he should have married. It should have been me! If it wasn't for him I would be with my Yoseob right now!"
"Kikwang calm down." 
"No! I'm not I need him back. I am going to take him back!"
"Kikwang! Listen to yourself. Why would do that to Yoseob."
"Umma you don't understand! I remembered he big reason I wanted to come back is because I wanted to be with Yoseob. I can't stand thinking if him being with someone else."
"Then why did you get into a relationship with Doojoon. I clearly remember that you completely forgot about Yoseob. You even gave yourself to Doojoon. Why now do you remember Yoseob."
"Umma. I don't know. Maybe because he offered me a way back."
"No. You love Doojoon too. You both even made plans to get married. I know you well Kikwang. You are my son and I want you to be happy-" 
"Then let me be with Yoseob. I'll leave Doojoon and fight for Yoseob." 
"No Kikwang. Think who is going to be hurt. First Doojoon is going to feel betrayed why because he is going to think you used him. Second Yoseob's fiance why because you are trying to take Yoseob away and Lastly so is Yoseob because he probably went through so much when you were gone and now that he is healed and found someone he is going to feel horrible."
"Umma I can't leave him." Ms. Lee sighed. 
"I can't make choices for you. You are an adult now. But remember the choices you make can have good or bad consciousness. But no matter what you do I am here to catch you if you fall. And I am here if you reach the top." She gave her son a tight hug. Kissed his forehead like when he was little.
"Now get some sleep." Kikwang nodded and thanked his mother. Ms.Lee gave him another kiss goodnight went to bed. 

I have to get my Yoseob back. First things first there is something I have to do. 

~A few days later~

Kikwang was on his way to see Doojoon.  He hasn't seen him since the engagement party. Doojoon would constantly call him text him. But Kikwang wasn't in the mood to talk. He would keep himself busy unpacking his things, catching up with his sister. He was enjoying himself to be telling the truth. He wondered off in the streets of Seoul and saw how many things have changed, how high tech everything has gotten. But to him even with all the flashy technology everything still felt familiar. It was as if he never left.

But after non stop calls from Doojoon, Kikwang had the heart to answer. They agreed to meet at a coffee shop. Kikwang found it as his chance to completely end things.  

On his way there he got lost many times. The shop was in a distract he wasn't really familiar with. He ended up looking for help. He saw a small guys passing pay him with wine colors hair. Very familiar to- "Yoseob." He basically ran to him trying to catch up to him.
"Yoseob! Over here!" Kikwang saw how Yoseob was looking everywhere for the voice that was calling out to him. He found it so adorable. 
"Over here!" Yoseob turned to see a blonde man standing a few feet away.
"Hello, Kikwang wasn't." 
"Ah yes.You remembered. How are you."
"I am doing well and yourself?
"I have been ok. Where are you heading?" 
"I'm off to see my fiance. We are going to see his older sister and start planning our wedding." Kikwang felt a sting in his heart but play it it cool.. "And where are you heading?" 
"I'm actually lost so when I saw you I got so happy." 
"Well I guess it's your lucky day. Yang or I should say Jang Yoseob is here to help!" Kikwang didn't know where he got the will power to not drag Yoseob with him and tell him everything. 
"Well here is the address I was given." Kikwang pulled out out a little piece of paper. Once Yoseob saw he chuckled.
"What?"
"How many times have you passed this street?"
"Like 20 times." Yoseob laughed even more.
"Uhh what's so funny?" Kikwang had a warm feeling knowing Yoseob was laughing because if him.
"Look behind you." Yoseob laughed even more. Kikwang turned around and low and behold the coffee shop he has been looking for. Kikwang face palmed himself.
"I passed this place like 20 times. I would have help if the name was more noticeable." 
"Kikwang-ah look up."  Kikwang did what he was told and in big black letters was the name of the shop.
"You are so funny Kikwang-ah. Well I have to get going. It was nice seeing you again." 
"Wait before you go let me give you my number. Maybe we can hang out sometime."
"Oh course! Maybe we can also go on double dates." How many times is he going to pierce my heart in one day had thought Kikwang.
"That would be fun." Yoseob took Kikwang's phone and saved his number
"Here. Call me or text me anytime. I usually respond quickly unless I'm in class or work. Oh I'm running late my sister in law is going to kill me! See you soon!"  Yoseob waved and ran off.
"I promise Yoseob you are going to remember me and after all these years we will be together again. But before I have to end something." Kikwang entered the little café and found Doojoon sitting looking out the window.

"I'm sorry I got lost." Kikwang sat across Doojoon and Doojoon looked up relieved.
"It's fine. Kikwang are you alright you haven't answered my messages or calls."
"It's that I have been so busy and when I have the time to call you back I am so tired and end up falling asleep."
"Well you're here with me. What do you want to do"

*** KIKWANG'S P.O.V ***

Should I end it right now. No that would be to cruel. After today. I need to end this.
"I don't know." 
"Hmm let's go to an amusement park and how about we go take a walk to a random park.We used to so that often back in the states. Plus there is something I need to tell you."
"I have to tell you something too but it can wait for later."
"Come lets go have some fun." Next thing I know he took my hand and we were outside in front of his car. I felt really uncomfortable holding his hand. But for his sake I will do what ever he wants. He opened the car for me. I mouthed him a thank you. 
"So which one are we going to."
"Well remember when we first meet each other and you told me about the one you used to go when you were little. Well we will be going to that one." When we first became friends I told him about my childhood. I told him everything except for Yoseob which I regret not doing. 

We dove for about half an hour. He kept holding my hand throughout the whole drive. Giving it a few kisses.
"Did you miss me that much?"
"Of course. I can't stand being away from you." He kissed my hand again. You deserved better than me Joon. I know you will do much better without me.  

~*~

"And here we are!" When we got to the  amusement park I fell my little kid self come out. "Let's go!" He didn't have to tell me twice.

We went on so many rides. Doojoon didn't want to go on the spinning chairs since we hade just eaten and  to make things a little worse we had just came off a rollercoaster. 

"They have a water park section here we should go. I know how much you like water rides." Well he isn't lying. Water rides are my favorite.
"But we don't have any swimsuits."
"When we enter the water park there us a small shop that sells them."
"Ok what are we waiting for. Let's go!" Finding this little shop was harder than I thought. But after walking around the water park we rented a locker and finally found the shop. Joon bought swim shorts with dragons on it. I got ones with splatters of paint. After changing I waited for Joon to come out. I wonder what was taking him so long. 

"Kwang what do you think?" I move my head slightly to my left and my goodness. Now I remember why I liked coming to water parks. Wait no. No, no, no. Don't think like that.
"The dragons.. They look cute." 
"I knew you would say that. Come on let's start with watersides. I rented us a couple tub so no need to wait." And wait we didn't. It looks like there aren't many people today. We were lucky there weren't many people in line so more water rides were are able to go on. It was so fun an exciting! 

For the rest of the day we spent it in the water park. It was probably a few hours but surprisingly we went on many rides.

Today was really a fun day. It was the best day to be honest. Which reminds me of the days where me and Joon would sneak off for the weekend and drive down to Disney just because we were bored and had enough allowance saved. That was thrilling. Once we got back we got grounded for worrying out parents. Only for the week after all of us went down to Santa Monica for a mini vacation. Ahh those were the days.

"Kwangie how about we go change I want to take you out for dinner."
"I thought we were going to a park for a walk."
"I changed my mind. I want to a beach night sky and I found this amazing restaurant right near one."
"Beach?"
"Mhm. You always loved going to the beach at night."
"Can we just call it a day. I am pretty tired."
"Nope. This is our first date since we got here. I want to go all out."
"You are such a romantic Joon."
"Well only for you. Now come one lets get out of these wet clothes. I brought extra clothes. Since we are going to a beach they are loose and comfy." I nod my head. To tired to say anything else. Joon handed me my clothes. Why all white?
"Joon why all white."
"Mhm.. It turned out that way. I didn't realize it until I left my house." 
"Next time I choose our clothes." Joon chuckled. 
"Yes sir. Now lets go change we are going to miss our reservation." No matter how long we lived in Cali he still is so fussy. 

Once I changed. I am making a note to myself. Never let Joon choose my clothes again. I look like those cheesy actors from a romance drama. But it is very comfy so I am not going to complain too much.
"Ready?" Joon came out... also dressed in all white... Why is he always so well dressed. His clothes fit him just right. They are tight in just the right areas. Just look at that tors-
"Kwang?"
"Huh, oh yeah, yeah sorry. I spaced out."
"Oh did you really." I saw Joon smirk.. Ohhh I see what he was doing. He is so sleazy sometimes. "Come on lets go." He took my and interlocked his fingers with mine. Our hands fit just perfectly with each other. 

Once we got to the car. He once again opened the car for me. He has had this habit the moment he got is car years ago. No matter how many times I told him I am not a delicate flower. But no matter how many times I tell him to stop he still does it. So I just let him be. 
"We are going to be on the road for a while. I know you are tired. Why don't you sleep for a while."
"You don't have to tell me twice. I am going to take a nap wake me?"
"Oh course love. Rest." I have him a smile and closed my eyes.

 

 

"Kwang. Kwangie time to open those pretty eyes we have arrived." 
"5 more minutes."
"Come one Kwangie. This is a site to see. The full moon is out. I know how much you like the full moon lighting up a beach." I open my eyes and the first thing I see a beautiful beach.

 

 

 

 

 The moon looks so beautiful. Its the best scene I have ever seen in my life. 
"Joon this place is beautiful."
"I knew you would like it. Come on lets go on a short walk before dinner. We still have time before out reservation." I nod. That is one thing I loved about Cali. Even if we lived in the north we still lived close to the beach and going out at night was one of the best things to see. 

Joon and I got out of the car. I don't know how he did it but was park on the beach. As we got onto the sand I took off my shoes and walked bear foot and so did Doojoon. It is something we both did. We walked hand and hand. We got closer to the water and the small waves hit my feet. The water was a little cold but it felt nice since it was humid.

Joon suddenly just stopped. I gave him a confused look. 
"Joon? Something wrong?"
"Kwangie we have been together for ages. I have been wanting to say this to you but I wasn't sure how to. I don't think I have ever met a person like you." I saw him take out a small box from his pocket he opened it and a ring was there

 

 

 "Joon what is this?" He then got down on one knee.
"Kwangie since the day you came to my house I fell for you. I lost the person close to me and when I met you I forgot all the pain I had. And when we went to that engagement party I realized I couldn't live without you. I knew I had to do to make you mine forever. Lee Kikwang will you marry me?" Wait what is happening. Doojoon is proposing.. This is what we have been waiting for since we were in the States. But wait... wait a second. Joon is.. Joon to me.. 

I pulled Doojoon up back to his feet.

"Kwangie what's wrong?"

"I so sorry Doojoon. But.. But I don't think I can do this."
"Kwang... What are you talking about?"
"Joon I can't."
"Can't what? Kikwang I don't undertand."
"Joon I am so sorry... But I can't marry you." I am a fool. I completely forgot why I was spending this day with him. The real reason. I turned my back to him. I can't look at him right now. I can't see him hurt. I started walking away. This isn't how it's supposes to end. Why did he have to propose to me. Why did he do it. 

I feel had hand grip my arm. Next thing I know Joon is right in front of me.
"What do you mean you can't marry me?" I look into his eyes. Tears welded up into his eyes. I couldn't even see his chocolate eyes.. "Tell me! Don't you love me?" I  didn't say anything. I couldn't answer his question. How can I tell a guy who spent most of his life with me something that is going to break him. I feel him grab both of my arms.
"Answer me Kikwang! We have been together for years are you not ready to get married?! Is that it? Please tell me that's it! I- I  can wait. I can wait for as long as you need to." I shook my head. 
"Doojoon you deserve someone better. I am not good enough for you." 
"Did I do something wrong? Did you do something wrong? We can work it out. We have always been to work through everything. Just please Kikwang stay by my side. Please." I couldn't even look into his eyes.. I can't handle seeing him cry.. I - I
"Joon please I don't want to hurt you. Please forget about me. You deserve someone better than me."
"Why are you doing this Kikwang! What about everything I have done for you! Why are you doing this to me. I thought you loved me!"
"I did love you Joon. And I won't forget about everything you have done for me. I am eternally great full. But please forget about me. I can't be with you anymore." I yanked his hands off of me and I started running.

"YA!! LEE KIKWANG!! PLEASE DON'T GO!!!" The last words I heard from Yoon Doojoon. Joon I am so sorry. I hope one day you will forgive me.