Chapter 1

Please Don't Go (UNDER RECONSTRUCTION)

***NO ONE'S P.O.V ***

It's a regular Sunday morning at the Yang residence. Young 13 year old Yoseob is still asleep from the long night before. His best friend Lee Kikwang was over all night playing video games with him. Time flew for the preteens they didn't realize how late it was until Kikwang's mother came to pick him up in in the early hours of the day.

Yoseob began to toss and turn signaling he would be waking up soon. Soon enough he woke up while staying in bed for a few minutes trying to fully wake. 

He checked his bedside clock it was passed noon. Realizing the time Yoseob quickly got up and started to get dressed. He had promised his best friend he would be going over his house the moment he woke up. But Yoseob didn't realize he would wake up this late. 

~*~
Yoseob quickly looked at himself in his room mirror. It was usually warm this spring so Yoseob decided to wear his favorite shorts with a light tee-shirt.

"Umma!! Umma where are you?" Yoseob headed to his parents room seeing if his mother was there.
"I am in the kitchen Seobie!" 
"There you are umma." Little Yoseob said as he saw his mother cooking.
"What is it honey."
"Umma I can go to Kiki's house today right?"
"Of course, do you want something to eat before you go. I bet you are hungry. I tried to wake up you up for breakfast  but your didn't budge."
"It's okay umma Kiki is probably waiting for me. Mama Lee will probably give me snack."
"Okay honey, tell Kikwang's mom I will call her later."
"Okay! bye umma!" Yoseob kissed his mother good bye. 
"Your going to Kikwang's house again!"  Yoseob's older brother who was in the living room noticed he was leaving... once again.
"Yeah! I'll see you later Kyu hyung!" Yoseob also waved goodbye to his older brother. 

Yoseob crossed the street making sure he looked both ways and walked to the front door the the Lee family. The Lee and Yang family have been really close to each other even before they had children. When they were young they agreed when they all began a family they will all live near each other and as the kids grew they hoped they all would become best friends and that is exactly what happened with Kikwang and Yoseob.

Yoseob knocked the front door and was welcomed by Kikwang's mother. "Hi mama Lee!" Yoseob said giving his second mother a hug. Yoseob was always very close to Mrs. Lee he considered her his second mother and Mrs. Lee loved it. 

"Hi Seobie, Kikwang is in the living room. He has been so bored and keeps saying when will you come over." Mrs. Lee laughed.
"Really? Kiki I'm home!" Little Yoseob said running towards his best friend.

Kikwang was just watching tv in the living room when he heard is friends voice. He quickly got up and ran to him. It was true. He was terribly bored without his best friend. These two couldn't be separated for even 5 minutes. 
"Seobie you're here! What took you so long?" Kikwang asked quickly giving his best friend a hug.
"I overslept we did play until late last night."
"That is true. But you could have set an alarm" Yoseob just rolled his eyes to his friend.
"I'm here now so lets do something."
"Hey lets go up to my room. I want to show you this new model I got!"
"Okay!" 
"Wait! Seobie so want anything to eat?" Mrs. Lee asked when she saw the boys.
"Anything is good Mama Lee!" Yoseob said as he was dragged away by Kikwang. 

~*~
Yoseob jumped onto Kikwang's bed and made himself comfortable while Kikwang was taking out his toy model he was working that he finally had finished.
"Look Seobie! I finally finished it." Kikwang showing his proud work to Yoseob.
"Wait isn't this this the model I gave you for Christmas?"
"Yup! it took me forever since the lights didn't want to function correctly. I kind of had to ask my dad to help me with them." Kikwang said.
"Woah this is so cool."
"I know right. Now since I have showed you Seob wanna play outside!" 
"You want to play outside already? I just got here. Can we just watch cartoons for a while? I literally woke up not even 20 minutes ago. "
"Come on I have been bored all day."
"Do you not sleep?" Kikwang just pouted at Yoseob making him sigh.
"Fine, fine, fine what do want to play."
"Well my cousin just game me this new ball." The boys both looked at each other and they knew.
"SOCCER!" Kikwang went to grabbed to ball from his closet. 

The boys suited up and made there way outside. Yoseob always loved playing outside at Kikwang's house. His family had a big backyard and they didn't have to worry about a ball going missing or accidently throwing or kicking a ball to the next door neighbor's house.

~*~

After playing for a while the boys decided to take a break. Kikwang wasn't an easy opponent. He was always getting scouted for the Junior leagues. Mrs. Lee who had been watching the boys intense game finally saw them resting and went out the give them a sandwich with a fruit and a cute juice box.

As they were eating and talking Yoseob remembered Kikwang's birthday was coming up soon.

"Hey Kiki what do you want for your birthday?"
"Hmmmm nothing really" He's got to be kidding! How can he not want anything! Little Yoseob thought. It was the first time Kikwang didn't ask for anything. It was a shock to him even for winning a game he would always want a congratulatory gift.
"Kiki you sure? You know I am the best when it comes to presents." Kikwang sat and thought for a while.
"If you really want me to give you a present them why don't you stay with me until the end of time." Kikwang just smiled while Yoseob gave him the most oddest look.

But once Kikwang saw that Yoseob had finished his juice he tackled the poor kid and they rolled around play fighting getting grass and dirt stains everywhere.

~*~

"Hey Seob wanna stay over tonight I'll ask umma to call mama Yang" It was late afternoon and the boys were playing video games. After they stopped rolling around they were covered in grass stains and dirt. Mrs. Lee was so shocked she immediately sent the boys to shower.... outside. There was no way she was going to let the boys enter her cleaned home.

Yoseob wanted to stay over so they boys went to the kitchen to see Mrs. Lee and ask.
"Umma you think you can tell mama Yang if Seobie can stay tonight?" Mrs. Lee covered her pot and turned to the boys.
"You want to stay tonight Yoseob. It is a school night." Yoseob nodded and gave Mrs. Lee her his infamous puppy eyes. "Alright, alright no need to bring those eyes out I'll call your mom you two wash up dinner will be ready soon." Mrs. Lee laughed as she saw the boys quickly run out. Mrs. Lee went to the living room to call her friend. Well its better to say her best friend. After they talked on the phone and caught up for a few minutes they both said their goodbyes. Yoseob's mother agreed to let her son stay and Mrs. Lee then went to tell the boys the good news.

~*~
After a delicious dinner the boys began to get ready for bed, Preparing everything they will need for school the next day. 

Yoseob then remembered about Kikwang's birthday and never told him what he really wanted.
"Hey Kiki you sure you don't want a present?"
"Didn't I tell you I wanted."
"Yeah..... but is that what you really want." Kikwang jumped in to bed and looked down to Yoseob who was looking up at him with confusion.
"Yup! Now pinky swear." Yoseob still didn't seem to believe it.

The boys said their goodnights and off to sleep. 

~1 week later~

It's Saturday morning March 30th Kikwang's 13th birthday. Yoseob woke up early this day. All week he and Mama Lee worked hard to plan Kikwang's birthday. 

And the first thing on the list for this day... Is to wake up the birthday boy. Yoseob quickly got dressed in the new clothes he got just for today. He reminded his mom of a few things for the part and headed over the the Lee residence.
Mrs. Lee was already waiting  for Yoseob at the front door. Once he arrived Mrs. Lee let him go up.
Very quietly Yoseob snuck into his friends room seeing his best friend in a deep sleep. Once he got closer to him...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIKWANG!" Yoseob jumped onto his friends bed.... But got no response. 
"Kiki wake up! Wake up!!" Yoseob started to shake the sleeping boy. Only to make the sleepy head a little aggravated
"Noooo...5 more minutes." 
"No! Wake up sleepy head! Its your birthday!" Kikwang pulled his covers over his head making Yoseob sigh. Yoseob in his last attempt pulled the blanket off of him.
"Hey!!" That woke him up.
"Now get ready!" Yoseob said with a little irritation in his voice. Groggy the birthday boy got up only to be dragged by a very excited Yoseob.
~*~

The birthday boy's party was at a park across town. It was the biggest park in the city. Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Yang spend weeks organizing this for the birthday boy. They invited family and of course the friends of the birthday boy.

Since Mrs Lee and Yang knew the boy's friends were all sporty kids they made sure they brought enough equipment for everyone. 

When Kikwang arrived to his birthday site he was ecstatic. His cousins and friends were all there and the first thing the kids did was play a round of basketball. 

The adults were just mingling making sure their kids were okay. Mr. Lee and Mr Yang were grilling for the guests. Overall it was an enjoyable day.

The day was starting to dwindle down. The kids were starting to get tired so Mrs. Lee called it time for cake cutting. Knowing there will be many guests Mrs. Lee ordered a three layered cake each layer being a different flavor. She called over Kikwang to set up his candles.

"Okay everyone gather around. Time to sing for the birthday boy. Ready 1,2,3

Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to You~ Happy birthday our dear Kikwang~ Happy Birthday to you!"  Kikwang smiled blew out his candles looked around just to make sure no one tried to push his head into the cake. His mother handed him the knife to make the first cut.

After taking a few pictures soon enough every guest came up to get a piece.

As everyone was eating a delicious slice of cake everyone sat around to to see the birthday boy open his presents. Of course after he also ate some cake.

The birthday boy mainly got toys and clothes a little money here and there. But as Kikwang kept opening presents Yoseob was getting anxious. Soon enough Kikwang took a small box.

"Okay this is the last present." Mr. Lee said. "And it says to my best friend from Seobie!"  Even though Kikwang didn't ask for a present Yoseob felt as his best friend he had to get him something. 

Kikwang opened his final present. It was a nice red and black bracelet. With his name one in. Yoseob actually went to a jewelry making class and made friendship bracelets. A nervous Yoseob tried to read his expression but there was no reaction. Oh no he hates it!  

"Thank you everyone for you presents!" Kikwang said. And with that said the parents starting gather their children to head off home and some parents had come to pick up their child. Mrs Yang and Mrs Lee began to clean up and while they were on cleaning duty Kikwang came to Yoseob. Yoseob still nervous to hear what Kikwang would say about his present.

"Seob let's go by the lake" Yoseob was worried was he mad but still followed him.

The boys loved coming to this park because of the lake. It was really relaxing for them. Kikwang patted a spot for Yoseob to sit.
There was a short silence. Yoseob couldn't take it anymore and spoke up "Please don't be mad!" Kikwang just laughed.
"Seob I am not mad. I told you not to get me present, but thanks I like it." Yoseob sighed in relief.
"I am glad! I also made one for me too! To show our-" Yoseob stopped mid sentence when he felt a pair of lips on his. Frozen in place Yoseob just stared at him. 
"Seob I like you. I know that we are boys but I can't stop thinking about you. I real-" Yoseob stared at Kikwang and stopped him mid sentence. 
"Kiki I think I like you too"