Secret and Permission

Love Stuck Journey

*NB : Different font indicates different time..

 

**Flashback**

On the restaurant with Luhan..

“But what do you think should I do? How should I tell her?”

Luhan was thinking while munching the meat.

“Hm.. I don’t know. Maybe you can go on a date with her. Then find place that really romantic and confess to her. Saying that you really love her but you have to leave her.” Luhan said the last part while holding both of Kris’s hands with sparkle eyes.

People around them began to whisper each other and Kris immediately released his hands and showed disgust look.

“Yah! Where do you get that kind of idea? And what’s with you? Are you gay now?” Kris said half shouting and widened his eyes.

“You think?” Luhan smirked. Kris rolled his eyes in return.

“Well, isn’t that what always happening on dramas?”

Kris blinked few times.

“So.. you’re a type that like to see dramas. I see..”

“That’s because my mother always sees it.” Luhan glared. “And don’t you always accompany Suzy watching it too?”

Kris was going to say something but Luhan cut it.

“Don’t try to deny. I know it all already.” Luhan pointed Kris with his chopsticks.

Kris eyed him suspiciously. “How do you know that?”

“Well, I have my own way about that. And you don’t need to know.”

Kris still stared at him.

“So, what are going to do?” Luhan tried to change the topic.

“Maybe I’ll go with your plan?” Kris shrugged his shoulder.

Seeing so-not-serious respond from Kris, Luhan got angry.

“Seriously Kris! Can’t you be more serious about this? Doesn’t she important to you?” Luhan banged the table and with final look, he left Kris dumbfounded.

Kris was quite taken aback. He didn’t expect sudden change of mood like that from Luhan. He was the one who gave that kind of idea in the first place anyway. Kris stood up and slightly bowed to the other customer and after he paid the bill, he went out to find Luhan. Kris saw Luhan walked back to the park where they met earlier. Kris sat down beside Luhan.

“I’m sorry man. I didn’t mean not to be serious. It’s just I really don’t know what to do. If you were me, you’ll know how I feel.”

Luhan sighed.

“Do you want to hear my secret?”

Kris was a little confused but he nodded.

“I.. I used to like Suzy.”

Kris turned his head to Luhan and widened his eyes. Luhan smiled sadly.

“She is the most important person to me but sadly, she doesn’t belong to me.”

 

 

5th grade­_

“Good morning class!”

“Good morning ma’am!”

“Today we have a new friend.” The teacher turned to the door. “Come in now.”

A boy with cute face walked in slowly. He stood beside the teacher then a wide smile crept from his face.

“Please introduce yourself.” The teacher told him.

The boy bowed his head. “Hi, everyone. My name is Luhan. I came from China. It’s nice to meet you and I hope we can be friends.” Once again Luhan smiled widely to his new calssmates.

 

Actually Luhan was really friendly. But he just came to Korea so it’s a bit hard for him to communicate with other kids. Until one day,

“Hi, my name is Kris.” Kris said in Chinese. He reached out his hand. Luhan blinked his eyes.

“You didn’t expect someone to speak in Chinese, did you?”

“Ehm.. Yeah. Uh, my name is Luhan.” Luhan returned his handshake.

“I knew that.”

“Huh?”

“Actually it’s not me who wants to know you. It’s her.” Kris pointed at a girl who stood a little far from them. She had wide yet shy smile.

“I thought she was standing right behind me.” Kris mubled and mentioned Suzy to approach them.

Suzy came to them still had her smile on.

“Well Suzy, this is Luhan,” he then spoke in Chinese again. “Luhan, this is Suzy.”

“Ni.. ni.. hao?” Suzy said it a bit stuttering.

Luhan chuckled. “Ni hao! But I still can manage to speak in Korea.”

“Oh really? I saw you’re sitting alone and I wanted to approach you. But everyone said that you can’t speak Korean. That’s why I asked Kris to approach you first.”

“Yeah. But the simple one will do. I still have so much to learn.”

“I see. Then why were you sitting alone?” Suzy asked.

“Because I don’t have any friend.”

“Let me be your friend then.” Suzy quickly replied.

“You’re willing to? You don’t mind?” Luhan’s eyes were sparkling.

“Of course. Why would I?” Suzy grinned. She turned to Kris.

“Suzy’s friend is my friend and I already introduced myself anyway.” Kris smiled too.

“Woah! You guys are really nice!” Luhan hugged both of them.

“Hey hey! There’s no need to be so excited like that.”

Luhan released the hug.

“I’m sorry. You guys are my first friends so..”

“Yeah yeah. Let’s go to your house then.” Kris smirked while Suzy chuckled.

“For what?”

“Don’t you usually introduce your friend to your parents?” Kris raised his eyebrow.

Luhan shook his head.

“Aish!! Let’s just go.” Kris dragged Luhan and Suzy tailed behind them.

Since then, the three of them always played together.

 

It was raining. Suzy found Luhan sitting on the balcony, enjoyed the smell of the rain.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Suzy sat beside Luhan.

“Nothing.” Luhan smiled but his smile didn’t reach his eyes.

“For your information, you can’t lie to me Luhan.”

“I said it’s nothing. I just miss my old grandma. She used to sing me a song because I don’t like rain.”

“What song?”

“I don’t know. Maybe my grandma made it by herself.”

“Then I’ll make one too.”

Suzy hugged Luhan and sang a lullaby. Her voice was so soft that made Luhan relax. He closed his eyes and hugged her back. In his mind, he really wanted the time to stop. After the song, Suzy looked at Luhan and he looked back. Both of them were starring at each other’s eyes. Suddenly, Luhan felt his heart beated faster than usual and he felt sudden urge to kiss her. But instead of her lips, he kissed her forehead.

“Thanks Suzy-ah.”

“You’re welcome, friend.”

 

 

 

“At that time, I was too afraid to confess to her because I don’t want to break our relationship and beside I don’t know how she felt about me back then. Later I realized her feeling only for you.”

“Really? You already know about that?”

Luhan scoffed.

“You’re too busy with your basketball team that you didn’t realize if you had left Suzy alone. That’s why she often went to my house. Little by little, I know a lot of things about her.”

“Then.. Are you planning to snatch her back once I leave?”

“No. I don’t need to do that. Because I think Jongin would have her first.”

“What?” Kris stood up because of shocked.

“You’re too slow.” Luhan sighed.

“Even if he doesn’t have that kind of intention now, I think soon or later, he would fall for her. Because what I saw, he has some interest on her.” Luhan continued.

Kris looked down to the ground.

“Don’t worry.” Luhan tapped his shoulder. “I’ll help you. If you two are happy, then I’m happy too. I even gave up on her so that you two can be happy.”

“Thanks dude. I don’t know how I’m gonna through this if you’re not here.”

“Yeah yeah. But don’t forget about her brother.”

“I know.” Kris sighed.

 

 

Now, in front of Suzy’ house, Kris stood and took a deep breath. He was planning to tell Jaejoong first before he settle things with Suzy. He knew that Jaejoong was at home alone because Luhan already asked Suzy to hang out with him. Kris began to enter the house. He found Jaejoong watching TV on the living room. Once again, Kris took a deep breath.

“Hey hyung!”

“Oh, Kris! I didn’t hear you coming in. Ehm.. Where’s Suzy?”

“Suzy isn’t with me.”

Jaejoong showed confused look.

“Actually, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Realized the weird atmosphere around them, Jaejoong turned off the TV and motioned Kris to sit in front of him.

“So what is it?”

“I’m leaving to America hyung.”

“What?!” Jaejoong shocked and widened his eyes.

“I got scholarship there.”

“So why do you tell me? Does Suzy know about this?”

“No. Not yet. I was planning to tell her after I got your permission.”

“Permission for what?” Jaejoong raised his eyebrow.

“To date her.” Kris looked right into his eyes.

“What? What did you say?”

“I like her hyung. No, I love her.”

“How dare you say that after you told me that you’re gonna leave her!” Jaejoong was about to punch him.

“I know I never treat her as a girl, I mean I only see her as my best friend. But couple things happened these days.  I realized how important she is to me and how I feel about her now. Still, I didn’t think to date her because I’m going to leave her soon. But after know her feeling for me, I want to fight for it.” Kris said it with serious look on his face.

Jaejoong never saw Kris this serious before. Seeing how determined Kris was, he sighed and sat down.

“How long will you stay there?”

“About 3 or 4 years.”

Jaejoong glared at him after hearing his answer.

“What can you promise me? And how will you protect her?”

“I can only promise you to love her forever. I can ensure you that I’ll treasure her a lot. I’ll try to come back every holiday or maybe anytime I could. I’ll do anything I can.”

After thinking for a second, He looked up again to Kris.

“I can’t believe I say this.” Jaejoong looked at Kris, whose eyes were sparkling, expecting his answer.

“Okay, you got my permission. You two love each other anyway.” Jaejoong looked away.

“Woah! Really? Thanks hyunggggg!!! I really really love you!!!!” Kris hugged Jaejoong.

Jaejoong pushed him away immediately.

“Yah! Don’t forget about your promise. I’ll kill you if you make her sad again!”

“Arraseo hyung!! I’ll see you later hyung!!” Kris left the house and he jumped all the way. People threw him weird look but he didn’t care. He was just too happy to care about his surroundings.

“Finally! One problem solves!” Kris shouted.

 

*****

 

I'm so sorry for the late update! It's been two weeks already. I was a bit busy and stuck with the story. I hope you can enjoy this chap.

Please leave some comment if you don't mind and subscribe too.. Little thing you do is worth for me XD 

I'll see you again!! Love you all ~