Chapter 22

Soft Spot for You

Donghae’s POV

 

The air was thick and extremely humid as I walked up the busy avenue. People swarmed past me as I steadily moved towards Matthew’s new apartment complex. 

 

He had always lived by himself in the same tiny studio apartment on the other side of town ever since I was little. But recently, he had told me that he was fancying the idea of moving onto the more lively streets of the city. He had mentioned something about needing a change in his life. And about two weeks ago, he had told me that he had found a new place and would be moving in soon. That moving in had started yesterday, and a couple of the house staff from home had come over to help him out. They weren't missed at home because my mother had been out of the country for the weekend on a business trip. I was supposed to be in the helping party yesterday, but I didn’t, so now I was going to help him today. No one else was really available for today since it was Monday, so it was going to be just me and him. But now Hyukjae’s coming along. 

 

And I almost tripped over a break in the sidewalk just thinking about him. His face flashed into my head and I felt heat overflowing my cheeks. He was going to be helping us and I knew for a fact I was going to end up doing something embarrassing. 

 

I sighed as I came to stand in front of a very modern looking twenty story apartment building. This was my first time actually seeing the place. The entire structure was covered in dark glass. It was a very expensive looking place and I smiled to myself. Matthew chose well. It was about time he treated himself to something nice. He had always been a penny pincher, saving his money for what he called ‘necessary times’. I always thought he meant he was saving up for a really nice long retirement, but now I guess this had been his idea. 

 

There was even a doorman by the door who greeted me as I entered into the air conditioned, sleekly designed lobby. 

 

The place was pretty bare for a place with so many people, though, and my ride in the empty elevator was quiet. Matthew lived on the eighteenth floor, and when the elevator stopped, I got out and scouted the large hallways trying to find apartment 1810. 

 

It was at the end of the lengthy hallway. I knocked a couple of times, and shifted from foot to foot before the door popped open. 

 

Matthew was a tall American-Korean man with broad shoulders and hard muscles that hadn't depleted with his age. He had white hairs that blended in nicely with his dark blonde hair. 

 

“Donghae, my boy. You’re a bit early.” His voice had a slight rasp to it from his cigarette smoking days and he had a fatherly smile as he moved to give me a hug that practically encased me with how tiny I was compared to him. 

 

I laughed as he pulled away and ruffled my hair. “I told you I was coming around twelve. I’m only thirty minutes early,” I defended, and he only shook his head playfully before ushering me inside. 

 

As I toed off my shoes, I stared around the space in awe. 

 

It was so pretty compared to his old place. Just like the outside of the building, his apartment was sleek and modern with neutral colors and classy looking furniture. Straight ahead was an entire wall covered in glass that looked out onto the bustling city below, letting in the hot afternoon sun that added a comfy feel to the place. 

 

There was a large open space in the middle of the apartment that was decorated with white sofas and a wooden coffee table, all in front of a flat screen tv mounted to the wall over a brick fire place. Other than that, though, it was still pretty bare seeing as how Matthew hadn't finished unpacking. 

 

Off the to left side of the apartment was an opened kitchen area with the same sleek design, just as bare as the living area. Across from the kitchen was a hallway down the right half of the apartment where I’m guessing the bedroom and bathroom were. 

 

“Wow,” I breathed out. “This place is pretty awesome.” I went towards one of the sofas, avoiding the piles of boxes scattered everywhere. 

 

Matthew chuckled as he followed behind me. “You live in a mansion filled with beautiful antiques and expensive features. I’m pretty sure this place can’t live up to what your mother has done to her home.”

 

I moved around to the fireplace, poking my head inside to see if it was real. We didn't have any at home and I’d only seen them in movies, so finally seeing one in real life was pretty cool. 

 

But I sneezed from the little bit of ashes that were left behind and sheepishly pulled my head back out. Matthew had moved to sit on one of the sofas and was watching me, clearly amused with my innocent fascination.

 

I pouted. “Yeah, but it’s different. I don't know, but it’s much more nicer in here. It feels more homey.”

 

Matthew just shrugged and I moved to sit beside him. 

 

“So what are we doing first?” I asked, looking around to see just how much had gotten done yesterday. 

 

Matthew heaved out a sigh and glanced around the room, too. 

 

“Kangin convinced me that he wanted to try hooking up the cable himself so I let him have at it. Big mistake. He ended up snapping a loose wire in the corner there,” he said tiredly, pointing to where the incident had occurred. “Caused a couple of lights to give way, so the boys and I spent a few hours tryin’ to get that fixed. We got around to moving in the heavier furniture, but other than that, most of the smaller things are still in their boxes.” 

 

He gave me an apologetic look, but I only smiled and clapped my hands together. “Cool! That means I get to help you decorate!” I exclaimed excitedly and Matthew laughed. 

 

“Sure, son. I just wish we had a little extra help today since it’s actually a lot of stuff. I might be old and single but that doesn't mean I ain’t got anything,” he huffed out playfully. 

 

And then I remembered Hyukjae. Oh, right. I hadn't told him yet. 

 

I tugged on his sleeve to get his attention that was trained towards the kitchen, probably deciding where we should begin. 

 

“A-Actually, I have a friend that’s coming over to help.” I bit my lip and shifted my gaze to the polished hardwood floors as I felt that stupid blush filling up my face again. It’s so embarrassing how this happens every time I think about Hyukjae. Is this normal? 

 

“Friend?” Matthew questioned, and I could hear a little suspicion in his voice. 

 

“His name is H-Hyukjae. He’s the CEO for that super big company Umma has me working for,” I replied, still shifting my gaze around the floor. 

 

“Hyukjae,” Matthew echoed slowly, as if testing the name. 

 

I nodded timidly and sneaked a glance up at him. Matthew was watching me carefully as if he was trying to read my mind.

 

I pouted. “W-What?” 

 

He stared curiously a little more and ignored my question. “So are you two close?”

 

“C-Close?” I considered that for a minute. We spend a lot of time together at work, but Saturday was the first time we actually got to spend time outside the office. Would that considered being close? It doesn't seem like it. Were we even friends?… Maybe not. After all, someone as important as Hyukjae probably wouldn’t want some random teenager pestering him. 

 

I unintentionally sighed and I heard Matthew shift in his seat.

 

As if sensing my sudden change in mood, I felt his arm fall across my shoulders. “Come on. I guess we can start in kitchen. That’ll be easier.”

 

 We ended up cutting open the boxes piled high on the kitchen island, emptying out stacks of plates, cups, pots and pans, glasses, and a bunch of other things that I didn't even know Matthew used. He had odd little contraptions like a juicer, a weird looking thingy that he told me opened cans, and an expensive looking coffee maker. 

 

I was tiptoeing to reach the high cupboards and Matthew was crouched to reach the ones on the floor as we shoveled kitchen ware inside, when we heard a hesitant knock at the door. 

 

Matthew looked confused for a second, but I let out a tiny gasp at the sudden noise and stepped down properly onto the ground. 

 

Sungmin had told me over the phone that Hyukjae would show up around 2, after a meeting. But it was only 1 now and I tilted my head in confusion. He couldn't be here already, right? But he was the only one we were expecting.

 

“Maybe it’s Hyukjae,” I said after a moment, moving hurriedly to the front. Matthew shifted from his crouched position and followed. 

 

I lead the way to the front door, opening the door cautiously and peering out. 

 

Standing there, looking beyond uncomfortable, was Hyukjae. He was sweating a tiny bit, his hair windswept, and hands twitching nervously. 

 

When he saw me, he stopped his nervous shuffling and his expression softened and relaxed, although he still looked a little hesitant. 

 

“Donghae, ah, h-hey,” Hyukjae said sheepishly, glancing up at my face, then glancing away and laughing nervously at the floor, reaching up to run a hand through tousled his hair with the other tucked in his jeans pocket. 

 

Just like the day at the circus, he was more casually dressed, wearing a loose white t-shirt and slightly sagging blue jeans. It was so simple, but yet he looked like he had stepped off a photoshoot set. 

 

I pushed open the door further. “H-H-Hi,” I stuttered. I could already feel the blood rushing through my ears and in my chest. 

 

He smiled and my eyes wandered down to his lips and instantly I imagined him kissing me. 

 

My eyes widened and I blushed immensely and averted my eyes to my twiddling hands. Oh god I can’t believe I’m already thinking about that. Stop, stupid brain, stop. Seriously, looking at him now, there’s absolutely no way Hyukjae was trying to kiss me that night. I mean, look at him. He was like a walking piece of perfection. 

 

… Oh my god, did I just think that?

 

If my blush wasn't noticeable before, it certainly was now. 

 

“Sorry I’m a little early. Sungmin, uh, well… he was— ahhh, he can be a real bully sometimes,” Hyukjae said, laughing nervously, although he was looking directly at me, his eyes moving around my face like he was taking everything in. 

 

My mind was rocketing to the moon when he smiled at me and I instantly malfunctioned. 

 

I just nodded dumbly and said the first thing that came to mind. 

 

“I’m glad you’re here,” I blurted out and regretted it when I saw a slightly stunned look on Hyukjae’s face. But then he smiled a heart warming smile and my insides did crazy trampoline flips and I felt my own embarrassed smile creeping up my face. 

 

But then I remembered my stupid kissing fantasies and I was back to staring at the floor and mentally trying to wash them out of my head. 

 

“Ehem.” 

 

I snapped my head behind me to see Matthew standing with his arms folded across his chest analyzing Hyukjae like a school principal dealing with a delinquent student.  

 

I blushed all types of red noticing Matthew for the first time and knowing that he just seen that embarrassing little exchange. 

 

Ugggghhhh, both of them probably think I’m an idiot now. Nice going, Hae. 

 

Hyukjae also seemed to notice Matthew for the first time and he instantly paled as Matthew gently nudged me out of the doorway so that he could step in front of Hyukjae. 

 

Matthew was a couple of inches taller than Hyukjae and I think that threw him off balance for a second before he did a 180 and instantly changed composure.

 

Now he looked confident and professional, a business-like smile on his face as he stretched his hand out to greet Matthew. 

 

“Good afternoon, Sir. My name’s Lee Hyukjae. Donghae told me you needed some help moving in and I offered to be of assistance. I hope that’s no trouble.” 

 

Wow. That’s so cool how he can change so quickly. 

 

But… why does he not talk to me like that? 

 

Whenever he talks to me, there’s always a slight lingering of cautiousness and uncertainty. My stomach felt like it dropped a little when I realized I was different. Maybe he just sees me as some random kid that doesn't deserve to see him as his powerful CEO self. Maybe it would just be a waste of his time. 

 

I watched sadly as Matthew accepted Hyukjae’s handshake and introduced himself. “The name’s Matthew. I’m Donghae’s limo driver and occasional personal servant,” he stated too seriously as he let Hyukjae into the apartment. 

 

I pouted and poked Matthew in the arm. “What do you mean ‘personal servant’? That’s not true.”

 

Matthew chuckled and shrugged as Hyukjae took off his shoes, watching us. 

 

I blushed as we locked eyes and Hyukjae flashed me a grin before turning to Matthew, who still didn't look all too pleased now that he’d met Hyukjae. 

 

“What should I do first?” he asked, taking a moment to glance around the place. 

 

Matthew pursed his lips thoughtfully before replying. 

 

“Donghae and I were just finishing up things in the kitchen. I was thinking about moving on to the living area.”

 

………………………………

 

Matthew pointed to a stack of three boxes pushed up next to the coffee table. 

 

“Alright, you promised to help me decorate. Here’s your chance to prove yourself. Go ahead and go all Martha Stewart on me, I don't care. You can put those wherever you want, just as long as I won’t knock them over or something,” he instructed and I beamed, nodding eagerly before bouncing over to the pile. 

 

Cool! I’ve never done anything like this before. I’d seen it on tv a couple of times and I’ve always though it was awesome how they could turn an ordinary place into something beautiful. 

 

Well, I guess I wasn't really doing much, but it was still something, and I couldn't help the excitement that was bubbling inside. 

 

I used the box cutter to rip open the first box and saw all different kinds of trinkets neatly packed away inside. Some of them I recognized from his old apartment, but some looked like he had recently bought them specifically for the new apartment. 

 

I pulled out a sailboat that was laying across the top and looked around the room, trying to find a good place to put it. 

 

I eventually worked my way through all three boxes as Hyukjae and Matthew worked on the separate areas of the gigantic living area, each doing their own thing. Matthew had taken up position on the floor, filling in all kinds of old records, cd tapes, and movie discs into a long wooden case that he had Hyukjae help him move over to the side of the fireplace. Hyukjae was tinkering with the dishwasher since we had found out that it wasn’t working properly and he claimed to have some experience in that department. 

 

As I pulled out the last thing, I stared at it curiously, not really sure what to do with it. It was an old photo that had been laying randomly at the bottom of the last box, and I had a feeling it wasn't supposed to be there. 

 

I turned around, intending on asking Matthew what I should do with it. But when I looked up at him, he was looking at something. With his head titled thoughtfully, and a curious look in his eyes, I got nosy as to what he was looking at and followed his line of sight. 

 

I saw Hyukjae standing idly by the kitchen island with a screwdriver laying forgotten in his hands. 

 

And he was staring at me. 

 

When Hyukjae noticed I had caught him, his eyes widened in alarm and he immediately turned away, rushing off to do something behind the kitchen island. 

 

And I felt like something was cutting off my oxygen supply. 

 

Maybe he likes you. 

 

My eyes widened to the size of the dinner plates in the kitchen and I shook my head furiously to snap out of it. 

 

Why does that have to pop into my head? 

 

Of course it’s not true. Stop being ridiculous, Donghae. Get your head together. Geez, he just happened to be looking at you. Stop fabricating silly ideas. 

 

I palmed my cheeks and tried to rub away the shameful feeling of harboring such thoughts, but it wasn't working one bit. I glanced up to see if Hyukjae had come back, but he was still in the kitchen. 

 

Then my eyes drifted off to the side where Matthew was staring at me now with a frown and a knowing look on his face. 

 

When we locked eyes, he head twisted away fast and he tried to act as if he hadn’t just witnessed any of that, and I blushed knowing that he did see. 

 

I didn't trust my voice to speak so I just placed the photo down carefully on the coffee table and eased myself onto one of the sofas. I was hoping that maybe Matthew would catch on that I was done and then tell me what I should do next. 

 

After five minutes, when he didn't hear any noise coming from my area, he looked over. 

 

“You done already?” he asked and I nodded. 

 

From his seat on the floor, he swept his eyes around the room and smiled. “Nice job, son. Everything looks great.”

 

I smiled happily at the compliment, playing with my hands as I watched him take another look around the room.  

 

“Alright. Let’s see…”

 

We had already emptied out the boxes in the bathroom earlier, and fixed all of the little things that needed to be placed in the kitchen and the living room. Now thinking about it, we actually got a lot done. I glanced at the clock on the case where Matthew had been packing his CDs and things. The digital clock read 6 o’clock.  

 

“I’ve finished off most of the stuff in the bedroom, except I’ve got this gigantic painting that Bom gave me as a moving in present. I was thinking about sticking it right above the bed. Could you maybe put the nail in the wall so that’s it’s centered properly? I don’t think my funky eyesight would be right for the job.”

 

“Ok,” I nodded, and started to make my way to the room. I was just happy to actually not have to be in the same room as Hyukjae. The entire time I was unpacking, I couldn't help stealing glances over at him and I hated myself for it. It was like I was hoping he would be looking at me too. I seriously need to find a hobby. Maybe that’ll get my head off of Hyukjae.

 

“And maybe take Hyukjae with you,” he added on. I stopped in my tracks and looked over at him pleadingly, but either he didn't recognize it or he just chose to ignore it. 

 

“He’s just been standing there for a while now staring at something,” Matthew said pointedly, shooting Hyukjae an unimpressed look, and then gave me a grin. 

 

Hyukjae shuffled away from the island and came to stand next to me, and I felt my heart pick up. 

 

“Sorry,” he sheepishly apologized to Matthew before looking down at me and offered a small smile, motioning me to follow him to the room. I reluctantly walked behind. 

 

The bedroom was a large space with a king sized bed centered in the middle. It was already covered in pretty blue and white bedding. Just like the living room, mostly everything else was a neutral, light color and gave the room a beach-type feel. And just like in the living room, the entire wall over facing the city was made up of glassed windows, with flimsy white blinds pulled to the sides, letting in the late afternoon sun. 

 

It felt so beautiful that I couldn't help the smile that drew on my face. 

 

“It’s really nice, isn’t it?” Hyukjae said from next to me and I glanced over to see him looking at me again. 

 

I blushed and hurried over to the bed so that he didn't see my face. “Y-You can tell me where to mark it.”

 

Holding a pencil that Matthew had given me, I carefully climbed up onto the bed and eased myself to stand up. The bed was extremely plush and bouncy so it was going to take some concentration for me to keep balanced. 

 

I took a moment to survey the wall from where I was standing in the middle of the bed, trying to figure out where the center would be. When I had a good idea, I stepped carefully across the plushy mattress and stabbed the pencil at a point on the wall. 

 

“How’s this?” 

 

I heard Hyukjae chuckle. 

 

“You’ve gotta move your head. I can’t see anything, Hae.” 

 

And I nearly fell off the bed. 

 

H-Hae? 

 

I turned to look at him, baffled. Hyukjae seemed to realize his slip up and he flushed nervously. 

 

“Ah, ha ha, s-sorry. I, um, everyone keeps calling you, H-Hae, so I-I seemed to have gotten… used to it,” he stuttered while trying to laugh, running a hand through his hair and keeping his eyes off of me. 

 

“I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I won’t do it again… But… if you wanted…you could call me Hyuk.”

 

That time I really did wobble on the bed and went crashing off. 

 

Hyukjae somehow saw it coming and dived to help break my fall. He caught me around the waist, but we both went tumbling into one of the bedside tables. 

 

I had squeezed my eyes shut when I had begun to tip over, but when I felt warmth encasing me from behind, I snapped my eyes opened. 

 

Hyukjae was under me with his arms around me as we laid on the floor. 

 

A second later, Matthew came barreling the room, apparently having heard the ruckus. When he caught sight of the two of us, his face screwed up in displeasure, but then he seemed to realize why he was there in the first place. 

 

“Jesus Christ, what happened? Are you guys ok?” He stooped down next to us to pull me out of Hyukjae’s still tight hold. 

 

We both then moved to help Hyukjae sit up. 

 

I gently pushed him up by his shoulders. He had a hand on the back of his head and was scrunching his face up in pain. 

 

“Ugh. I hit my head on the edge.” He still had his hand over his head and Matthew pulled it down and touched the spot for himself. 

 

Hyukjae winced at the foreign touch, and Matthew sighed. 

 

“Alright. Donghae, help him into the living room. We’ve gotta get some ice on that thing,” he said, walking out of the bedroom. 

 

I watched him go then looked back down nervously at Hyukjae who was cringing from pain. I can’t believe he got hurt because of me. 

 

“I-I’m sorry,” I apologized as I helped Hyukjae stand. 

 

When he was standing upright, he looked down at me and smiled. “Don’t apologize. At least you didn’t get hurt,” he said before brushing the back of his head again. 

 

I blushed at what he said, but then mentally slapped myself. I needed to stop acting weird. Hyukjae’s hurt because of me. I’ve gotta take responsibility. 

 

He seemed able to walk fine for the most part, but I still kept my arm linked around his in case he went pitching forward. The feeling was making my head spin and a blush to color my cheeks, and Hyukjae looked the same, expect he seemed a little more content with the touch. 

 

We made it to the living room and I helped Hyukjae settle down before I eased myself next to him. 

 

Matthew was fishing out an ice pack from the fridge. When he found it, he came over and handed it to Hyukjae. 

 

“Keep that on your head,” he commanded and Hyukjae simply nodded and took the ice pack. 

 

“Well, I guess we’re done for today. I was thinking about treating you boys to dinner, but I ain’t got nothing in the fridge to actually make anything. So I’m gonna head down to the pizza place across the street and buy us a box. God knows if they deliver, they’re gonna demand a tip.” 

 

Matthew looked at me for approval, and I smiled and nodded. “Pizza sounds good.”

 

“Alright. I’m leaving you in charge of the patient,” he said before leaving towards the front door. 

 

I giggled, but then frowned as my attention was brought back to Hyukjae. He had slumped down into the sofa and had his eyes closed, ice pack still resting on his head. 

 

As soon as the front door opened and closed, Hyukjae turned to me apologetically, his hand slipping the ice pack off his head and coming to rest in his lap. 

 

“Sorry I startled you before. It was just a suggestion. We don’t have to.”

 

I blushed when I thought about us calling each other like that. When he had first told me to drop the hyung and just call him Hyukjae, I had been hesitant to do that. And now he wants me to call him by his nickname. The only person I’ve ever heard call him that is Sungmin. And Sungmin was special to him. 

 

D-Does that mean he thinks of me as a close friend? Was I special, too?

 

I blushed at the thought, and averted my eyes to the ice pack in his hand. Not knowing what to say, I took the pack and moved it to his head, holding it there. 

 

Hyukjae looked perplexed for a moment, but then settled for just closing his eyes again and focused on the sting of the ice. 

 

We sat in silence for about ten minutes. The setting sun was streaming in and making the entire apartment light up. Now that everything was mostly unpacked and set up, the place truly looked straight out of a magazine. 

 

“Donghae.” 

 

I turned my head to Hyukjae to see him looking at me with a calm smile. The sun was falling across his face beautifully and I couldn't help thinking how perfect he looked. All of a sudden, I remembered that night after the circus. And my mind flashed images of him kissing me. 

 

Oh no. Not this again. 

 

I averted my eyes and moved my hand down from his head, taking the ice pack with me. I looked off nervously to the floor, hoping he didn't notice my weird behavior. If he ever found out what I was thinking, he wouldn’t want to be around me anymore. He wouldn't tell me to call him hyuk, he would fire me, he would never talk to me again. 

 

“Donghae,” Hyukjae called worriedly again. 

 

I still didn't look at him, but tried answering. “Y-Y-Yes?”

 

I scolded myself for stuttering. I was thinking of something to say when I felt him place a hand over mine in my lap, and his other hand finding itself settled under my chin, turning my face to look at him. 

 

…W-What is he doing?

 

Just like that night, he was looking at me with a dazed look, his face inching closer and closer to me. And I couldn't find myself pulling away. Instead, my heart was hammering against my chest and I felt a ringing in my ears. My breathing picked up as I watched alarmingly as Hyukjae’s eyes slid shut. 

 

He was getting closer until our noses were dangerously close.

 

Oh my god. W-Was he…? Is this real? 

 

He paused to bump our noses together before he started leaning in even closer and I couldn't move.

 

Closer and closer—

 

“Ehem.”

 

For the second time today, my head snapped to the front of the living room to see Matthew standing there with his arms folded over his chest and pinning Hyukjae a stern look. I scrambled across the couch away from Hyukjae and Hyukjae jumped up, laughing nervously. 

 

“Oh, y-you’re back. We—we didn't hear you come in.”

 

“I could tell,” Matthew said, eyes narrowed. But he didn't look too angry, just more annoyed. 

 

I still couldn't wrap my head around what was just happening so I didn't say anything as Matthew motioned me over to the kitchen island where the pizza box was sitting. 

 

As we nibbled on pizza slices, there was an awkward silence. I was sticking close to Matthew, as far away as possible from Hyukjae 

 

I couldn't stop replaying that scene in my head. Was he really going to… k-kiss me?

 

No matter what type of excuse I tried to come up with, it all lead back to the fact that Hyukjae had been trying to do that. He had actually been trying to kiss me. 

 

My mind was exploding with fireworks at the thought, but at the same time, I was scared. 

 

What if that wasn't it at all? What if he was testing me? What if I had just imagined that whole thing?

 

And why do I feel so giddy thinking about him kissing me?

 

I didn't get to finish up my little therapy session because Hyukjae spoke up. 

 

“I should be going,” he said, mostly looking at me. 

 

Matthew answered for me. “Alright. Thanks for your help today. I really appreciate it.” He was about to show Hyukjae out, but I stopped him. 

 

“I’ll walk him out,” I blurted, but then blushed. I don't know why I said that. Wasn’t I trying to avoid him?

 

Hyukjae smiled at me softly and nodded his head. He said his goodbyes to Matthew, who didn't follow us to the door. 

 

I avoided looking at Hyukjae as he put on his shoes. When he opened the door and turned around outside to look directly at me, I bit my lip nervously and kept my eyes on the floor. 

 

“Thanks for having me today, Donghae,” he said gently and I snuck a glance up at him. He had that same content smile on his face and my heart soared. My gaze dropped back to the floor. 

 

“I-I’ll see you tomorrow… H-Hyuk.”

 

Before he could react, I slammed the door in his face. 

 

Oh my god. I can’t believe I said that.

 

As I stood with my back pressed up against the door, wishing I could take back what I just said to Hyukjae, I heard footsteps coming my way. 

 

I looked up to see Matthew, wearing a comforting smile. 

 

“You like him,” he stated. 

 

I looked at him helplessly. 

 

Do I? Was that what this weird feeling was?

 

 

 


 

i love how matt is such a dad to hae