Baby I'm Sorry - MYNAME

From lyrics to stories ♪

"You... Don't remember my name? After all these years, you forgot my name?"

"I forgot about it for two seconds, can't you get over it? We're getting old..." Jongdae tried to reason, but Kyomi wasn't listening.

"So what if we're getting old? I still remember your name. Kim Jongdae, otherwise known as Chen because you like that name. I remember everything. We're not getting old and forgetful. You just don't love me anymore." Kyomi stormed off.

 

//

 

"Hey Jongdae, promise me you'll try to remember us."

"No, you left me because you dislike me. If you dislike me, then why must I remember you? You're a bad memory."

"I'm worried about you..." Kyomi's voice softened.

"Worried? I haven't done anything to harm you. Just leave." Jongdae turned, his back facing Kyomi.

 

Kyomi left the door ajar when she left. Jongdae turned back, staring at the door.

"I didn't mean to. I don't want you to see how I'm truly feeling. I have no choice but to pretend to be fickle-minded. Forgive me Kyomi please. You'll understand me and let time heal the scars I made."

 

Jongdae took out his phone and texted his best friend, Minseok. He needed help, he felt pain.

 

//

 

"Why can't you tell her the truth?"

"I don't want to have a crying woman at my funeral. You know how I am. I hate making girls cry, this is my..." For a moment Jongdae forgot what he was talking about.

"Enough Jongdae. Let your brain rest."
Minseok knew how Jongdae was feeling, he knew every single detail of Jongdae's situation.

"No... But what was I talking about?"

"It doesn't matter. Just remember me alright?"

"You are...?"

"Minseok, your childhood friend. Been here for 50 years, ain't gonna leave you now. Make sure you remember me." Jongdae's face only portrayed puzzlement.

"Well, I think I was close to you. So hello friend!"

"Minseok, my name's Minseok."

"Right, hello Minseok!"

 

//

 

"Dae, I'm here. Baby, I'm sorry, I don't dislike you for who you are now okay. I miss you." Kyomi walked in as Jongdae was eating his lunch.

 

Jongdae's head turned towards Kyomi, only to feel a surge of pain in his head and all he could do was scream. Kyomi couldn't make out the words, but she knew Jongdae wanted her to get out by his screams.

 

"Look, I'm sorry if this is unbearable. I'm sorry for saying I said before. I'm going to stay here with you, I love you Dae."

"GET. OUT." Jongdae stopped screaming as he solemnly spoke.

"Words can't satisfy the things on my mind, just know that I still love you. I'm sorry for walking out."

"I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GET. OUT. MINSEOK!!!!"

Minseok ran in with a jug of water, sensing the situation then pulling Kyomi out.

 

//

 

"He's unstable. His Alzheimer's getting worse. With his temper, the memory loss isn't making anything better. He could even forget who I am. Doctors suspect it's selective memory loss for some parts. Perhaps he was harmed when he found out he had Alzheimers. No one knows why he's like that. He remembers me as someone he's close to but can't remember my name. He's closer to his childhood times." Minseok explained clearly, hoping Kyomi would understand.

"I'm his wife. He should remember me. I know I walked out when he couldn't remember me. But now I know why and I want to help."

"He's only going to hurt you more. I think he would want you to find a second man. Live your life well."

"But..."

"MINSEOKKKK I WANT WATER." Jongdae was whining from the ward.

"I better go back. He needs me the most. You shouldn't come back."
 

//
 

"He was a fine man. 58 years down the road, I'm glad I was his friend for 50. Sadly, he couldn't make his journey last longer. Rest in peace my friend."

Minseok finished his last sentence and stepped off the podium. He walked over to the black coffin, tapped the coffin body and went back to his seat.

"We have come to the end of Kim Jongdae's wake. Thank you for coming." Kyomi's voice was heard over the microphone.

"Kyomi-ssi, Jongdae left a letter for you. He said he wrote it for you. Thank you for coming to host his last journey."

"Minseok, thank you for accompanying him these few months. Sorry for being such a..." Kyomi broke down. She couldn't help but feel regretful. Regretting that she didn't cherish the 30 years they had together, regretting why she had to say that he was no longer her love after his disease acted up.

She opened the letter.

 

Kyomi ah, If you're reading this letter, I'm watching you from above okay? I know you're crying so stop crying. I am not there to help you wipe your tears off, so please stop crying.

Kyomi ah, I didn't mean for you to leave. I knew you couldn't understand the situation because everything happened too fast.

Kyomi ah, I hope for you to move on with life. I didn't mean anything I said after the disease started. It was to make you leave, so that you wouldn't see the haggard side of me being all temperental. I hope you can understand this part of my life.

I'm sorry.  At the last lap of our lives, I lacked many things, I don't deserve to be in love, so I pushed you away. I know I have cruelly hurt you for the past few months, just remember, time will heal the scars. Time will make it slightly bearable. I'm sorry, really sorry. I love you, Mi.

-Chenchen-

 

Kyomi looked up at the sky, where a drizzle began to fall.

"Don't cry for me too Chenchen, I love you."

 

[Author's note: This is requested by Rhapsodos and thank you for requesting. I had a hard time thinking of a nice ending for this one, but yeap, hope you like it and I hope whoever reads this likes it too! Favourite song of MYNAME as of now and thank you for letting me write this story! ^^ Next story will come probably in a week or two! Keep your eyes locked in this corner! ]