Congratulations - DAY6

From lyrics to stories ♪
Sunbae: Hey Wheein, wanna have supper together? (10:00pm)
Wheein: Hello Sunbae, supper? I don't eat supper. (10:01pm)
Sunbae: It's okay, just come over with Byul. We can talk. (10:10pm)
Wheein: Hmm, I'll ask Byul! (10:10pm)
Wheein: She says okay! We're coming over. (10:10pm)

//

Moonbyul always looked suspicious. We're roomies and friends for so long, it's not that hard to notice that she's been acting really funny these days. She is always giggling at her phone and she never lets go of her phone. 

I get that she's a little popular and she always has suitors. She's pretty, I admit I guess. Perhaps I'm feeling this way because I like Sunbae too. 

//

Sunbae: Hey Wheein, is Byul busy? (8:00pm)

I turn around to see Byul rushing her assignments. 

Wheein: Yeah, she's doing her assignments. (8:01pm)

No reply. 10 minutes later, I see Byul smiling at the phone again. 

//

Am I merely an alternative? Then congratulations, you're an amazing senior. How could you trample on me like that? Everytime I look into your eyes, it seems as if I could believe you, or rather believe in myself that you could like me. I guess not. I can never win Byul. 

//

Wheein: Hey Sunbae, want to come over for a drink? (12:27am)
Sunbae: Sorry for the late reply! I'm not in the hostel right now. (4:00am)

I only saw this the next day. I stare at the bed next to mine, no Byul. Hmm. 

//

Wheein: Byul, where are you? (12:27am)
MoonByul: Sorry Wheein, I'll be back in the hostel soon. I went drinking with a bunch of friends last night and got real drunk. (5:25am) 

I was just curious. I decided to walk over to where Sunbae lived. I knocked on the door, looking down on the floor while waiting. Moon...byul's heels? 

The door opened. Moonbyul rubbed her eyes as she saw me. 

"Wheein!" 
"Moonbyul, you're here? Where's Sunbae?"
"Uh?"

Sunbae walked out from behind, smiling as he stood behind Moonbyul.

"Hey Wheein, sorry about yesterday. I only saw your text after."
"No, it's okay. I gotta go."

It didn't take you long Byul, such a hotshot aren't you? Your smiles are up to your ears already. If he's yours then go ahead. Good for you, you'll never be in pain. Even if it doesn't work out, you'll always be chased by a new guy. You won't know how my heart hurts everytime I see you and him together. It's as if I never existed and I never tried. You've fallen in love and he too, with you. 

Now you wouldn't even pick up my calls, neither does he reply my texts. No more hiding from both of you. Instead of you and him, I hear them talking, the dull voices of the machines whenever I call you. Congratulations, I don't give a damn. 

 

[Author's note: Hello everyone. I'm back from whatever hiatus I had. I'm so terribly sorry for not updating anywhere and everywhere. This is a really short story but it's partially true so I hope you feel the pain and agony and feelings inside. I love DAY6 and this is one of my fave jams recently and it matches how I feel about this story I have so I mixed them together and a story is formed! Hope you guys enjoy, don't forget to subscribe and comment! Do request if you have any songs for me to write on!]