XOXO - EXO K

From lyrics to stories ♪

"XOXO, Baek." He signed off and sealed the letter. He throws the letter into the box full of the same few letters, perhaps same few hundred letters. Baekhyun had been writing those letters for the past 3 years since the start of high school. Never did he have the courage to give the letters to the person he admired so much. 

"Baek, what are you doing?" Baekhyun quickly kept his things away, but Chanyeol already saw. 

"XOXO? Baek you do know X stands for a kiss, and O for a hug right? Are you writing a love letter?" The childish one . 
"Yeah.. I do. It's what I meant to write. Shut up Yeol, you don't know love." Baekhyun regretted it the moment he said it. Yeol had been through the hardest break up amongst all twelve of them, a clique or rather huge group of males where they like to call themselves EXO. 
"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." 
"It's okay."

Chanyeol left the room. Baekhyun stares at the letters, will he ever give it to her?

//

How are you? I'm doing fine. Anything funny happened to you today? Chanyeol spilled water all over his pants today and we laughed so hard that we split another glass on Tao. He was so mad he sprayed water at all of us. I wonder if something like that has happened to you before. I want to know more about you. Tell me more.

XOXO, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun signs off the letter and seals it again. He hesitated before throwing the letter into the pile of letters. Did he finally have a teeny bit of courage to give the letters to her? Baekhyun shrugs it off, it was impossible. 

//

"BYUN BAEKHYUN! YOU BETTER CLEAN UP YOURSELF RIGHT NOW! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DREAMED OF, NOR CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU DREAMED ABOUT. BUT YOU BETTER CLEAN UP THE MESS AND TIDY YOUR BED!" Kris yelled as he saw the mess on Baekhyun's bed. It was not the usual 'boy-room' messy, but the 'I kind of peed something different' messy. Baekhyun woke up and realised. He blushed. 

You know when I fall asleep, I think of you? I thought we were together, I embraced you, held you in my arms. But nah, that would never happen. I just want to get to know you. I get nervous when I see you, but that's just in my dreams. Don't be afraid of what I say, I just want to be friends. 

XOXO, Baekhyun

Baekhyun sighs. It wasn't the first time he dreamed about her. But to the extent of messing up the bedsheets, it was a first. Was it a sign that Baekhyun should finally tell her he likes her, even if it is just in the letters?

//

"Hey Baek, are you ever gonna confess to Nina? It's been like years. We are going to graduate from this hellhole soon, if you want to make your move. Can you do it now? I know I am the worst person to tell you this, but hey, just try." Chanyeol earnestly gave advice, but Baek wasn't listening. He was too busy daydreaming about her, of course. 

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol screamed into his ears. Baekhyun looked over to Chanyeol, shocked. 

"Look, you seem so comfortable around other girls, you play jokes and all, can't you do the same to Nina too? Maybe she'll realise how funny you are and start to like you on her own? It will make things easier if you actually let her know you first." Baekhyun thought about it. Perhaps, for once, Chanyeol spoke something logical. But Baekhyun's mind flew off to Nina's smile again. He saw her during lunch break today and she was laughing at her friend's joke, her white teeth, beautiful smile he thought. 

//

Hey Nina, I like you and I would like to know you more. Will you let me know you?" 

XOXO, Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun signed off and sealed the letter. This time, he kept the letter on the desk instead of dumping it with the other letters. 

 

//

"Baek, Nina want me to give you this." Chanyeol passed a letter to Baekhyun. 

Hey Baekhyun right? I'm Nina. I don't know if you really like me since we don't really know each other. But I am willing to give you a chance to tell me about you, so I can tell you about me.

Oh and why do you sign off with a XOXO?

xoxo, nina. 

Baekhyun breathed deeply. How did Nina know? He looked at his table, then he realised that the letter he was going to give her was already gone. 

"By the way Baek, I kind of took the initiative to give the letter to Nina. You are taking way too long bro." Chanyeol smiled and left the room. 

//

Should I take the courage to tell you? But my handwriting is not the neatest, should I ask Suho hyung? No that's insincere. WHAT DO I DO?! Baekhyun pondered as he fell asleep. 

//

Hey Nina, I am Byun Baekhyun. I am the same age as you, we're both graduating this year. I have liked you since we were juniors, I don't know why but you just attracted me. I like to listen to music, I sing a lot and I have 11 best friends, you probably know us by EXO. What about you?

I just like XOXO, besides it sounds like our group name EXO. (Sorry for the lame joke, did it make you laugh?) 

XOXO, Baekhyun. 

//

A few letters were passed here and there. Nina and Baekhyun exchanged their numbers, so letters became texts. Baekhyun stared at the pile of letters he has kept, and he decided to throw it away. There was no need for those letters anymore. He finally knows Nina in person when they met for the first time after school for a cup of coffee. 

//

The most important day of high school life came. THE PROM. 

"Are you going to confess to her today? It seems like the best day to confess." Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, with a tinge of teasing. 

"I prepared a letter." 

"LETTER? Old school."

"We started our friendship with letters, we should start our relationship with letters, if it succeeds that is..." Baekhyun was nervous as he held the letter in his hands. 

//

You asked me once why do I put XOXO at the end of my letter right? Well, here's the answer. 

X means a kiss, O means a hug. I want you, I want XOXO with you, in the future. I want to go further than just friends. I told you I like you, I still do. So please, for me to XOXO with you, accept me. 

XOXO, Baekhyun. 

Nina sees the letter and tears welled up in her eyes. 

"Don't cry, even though you look as lovable. Your eyes dazzle so bright, I want to stare at them all day. I wouldn't mind turning blind if I could stare at your eyes all day. Nina, will you be my girlfriend?" Baekhyun finally confessed. 

"XOXO." Nina smiled. 

 

[Author's note: YAY! Thank you ninakai for the request! This story is the fastest I ever written, so if there are any errors I apologize D: I hope you guys like this! Love this song because it's so upbeat and fun, talking about an unspoken confession turning a success in the end! Don't we all wish to have happy endings? (I KNOW I HOPE TO HAVE ONE.) Anyway, thank you for reading this really short story! Keep the comments and requests coming!]