Shadow - Beast

From lyrics to stories ♪

"I was there by your side, always there. Without you, I'm nothing."

 
It was almost like a typical love story, except that he loved her and she didn't know. 
 
Hyunseung had trouble expressing his feelings, his affections for people, even his family. All he knew was to give a smile. When he is sad, he would still smile and say it's okay. It is when he pens down words, his feelings come pouring out. 
 
//
 
Ever since you left, my existence ceased. 
 
I want to stay by your side, so that I can't get any closer to you. 
 
Hyuna has been receiving these letters one after another in her locker ever since the new semester started. Jihyun would always say that she has secret admirers but Hyuna was not popular in school. Rather than using popularity as a gauge, she was simply low profile. No one would have noticed her. But as she slowly reads the letters with strong and passionate emotions evoking out of each letter, Hyuna realised perhaps there is someone who really likes her. 
 
//
 
I'm not a vampire, not a night ghost. I cry in the darkness as I call out your name. 
 
The letters got darker and darker, the passionate emotions slowly became despairing and deprived. Hyuna decided that the mysterious admirer was a nutcase and she should not bother so much. She had no time for such romantic affairs nor the permission to. Her parents would never let her date anyway. 
 
//
 
Hyuna would think deep into the wee hours on what to write to Hyuna. He was determined to show Hyuna how much he loves her, but he knew that his chances were low. He still put in his best effort, as he would always repeat to himself "You will never know until you try." 
 
Slowly, his emotions became desperate. It started out as a small little spark, then to a passionate ring of fire, and now it is just a smouldering bonfire as he slowly lost hope. He was hoping Hyuna would reply, but she failed to do so. 
 
Oh, forgetting you is like erasing myself. 
 
Hyuna stares at the note hard. She had lost count of the number of notes she had received. She contemplated to find out who the guy was, so that she could stop him from sending these creepy notes. She definitely did not like the way he was professing his love, let alone like him. 
 
//
 
Come out from the darkness, meet me in the light, if you say that I'm your sunrise, let me see my shadow. 
 
Hyunseung's burning passion had once again ignited as he read the note off Hyuna's locker when he dropped off his next note. He took down the date and time and anticipated the days, counting down. 
 
//
 
You're my last, till the end of time, you're my last. 
 
Hyunseung wrote his note as he waited at the location Hyuna wrote on her note. The time was ticking, she has not yet arrived. 
 
Time passes dusk, as the sun sets, Hyuna finally appears. Hyunseung shyly passes Hyuna the note. Hyuna stares at Hyunseung for a while, observing him and taking him in. 
 
So this was the mysterious stalker.
 
Hyuna asked about the coming of the notes but Hyunseung kept mum. He was bad at expressing himself vocally and a girl he likes is never going to change that either. He writes on a notebook and hands it over. 
 
I just like everything about you and admire you. So I decided to be your shdaow, to follow you everywhere in school secretly, being right beside you in the day and disappearing by night. 
 
Hyuna could not absorb so much, she was baffled by Hyunseung's ridiculously exotic looks, then his ability to write such poetic English and yet not speak a proper word. But she only had one thing in mind coming over to meet her secret admirer. 
 
Look, the sun is setting, you are no longer my shadow as my shadow disappears. Be like the shadow at sunset, disappear. When the sun rises again, don't appear. 
 
Erase, erase, forget about it. I dislike this and I hate this. 
 
Hyunseung stared at the note that Hyuna wrote as she walked away. Hyunseung merely chuckled and sighed. He knew it would end up this way, he has fallen down, faded into the surroundings as she walked away from him. 
 
Even if you're a path of fire, I'll still jump into you. Hurry and erase the goodbyes smeared black into the sky. The beautiful days when we were always together, when you smiled. Alas, because I'm a shadow, a shadow, a shadow, I have faded, faded, faded. 
 
With a tear as a signature, Hyunseung closes the notebook and walks away. 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
author: infinitelykyoungjae


hello there guys! thanks for reading! :D

this was meant as a birthday present for Hyunseung since it was his birthday yesterday, but my mobile version of aff had problems so i posted this belatedly ): nevertheless happy birthday to the 4D prince ^^ stay y!

and in my opinion, i prefer junseung over 2hyun heh :3 

okay! enjoy reading, have fun fangirling, and remember to comment if you have lyrics you want us to write about! :D