Love Letter - Key feat. IU [Original by MC Mong feat. Lyn]

From lyrics to stories ♪

In that sunlight we are able to breathe our love together;

 

"Time for medicine." Chunsa sat up to hold the cup Thunder gave her. She smiled weakly. It hasn't been long since she fell sick, but it sure felt long since she couldn't move an inch off her bed. She was bedridden for life after a terrible car accident that killed her loved ones. 

"Hey Thunder, remember the day when we first met?" Chunsa asked and Thunder chuckled.

"I definitely do. How could I forget the day you threw a glass cup at me and nearly ruined my perfect face?" 

//

Chunsa was having the hardest time of her life when she was recovering in the hospital. She was under anesthetic after operation for a few days, not knowing what had happened to her. She knew that her dad was dead when she out. All she remembered was her trying to keep her mother alive by talking to her. 

Chunsa woke up from a nightmare. She dreamt about the accident again. She even dreamt of both her parents dying. It was too realistic to be just a dream. She woke up to realise that she was in the hospital. Naturally, she had to find her mother, it was an instinct. She knew it from the dream that she had to see how her mother was. 

She tried to get up, but she could not move her legs. She tried to lift her legs but nothing moved, not even an inch. She slapped her legs, but there was no pain felt. She screamed, did she become paralysed after the accident? What happened to her legs? 

Thunder ran into the ICU to check what was going on. 

"WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?! WHY CAN'T I MOVE MY LEGS?! WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE ARE MY PARENTS?" Chunsa broke down as she shrieked. Thunder tried to move closer but Chunsa suddenly using her hands to swipe anything in front of her. Accidentally, she swiped the glass cup on the side table on the floor, with the glass shards flying towards Thunder. Thunder swiftly avoided the shards. 

"CALM DOWN!" Thunder called in the nurses and stopped Chunsa from moving. Thunder gave Chunsa Atenolol to calm her down, which she did. She slept for another few hours before she woke up again. This time, Thunder prevented Chunsa from screaming her head off again. 

"Look, Chunsa. Listen carefully. I know it's hard but it's going to be okay. I'm your doctor Dr. Park, but I'm going to allow you to call me Thunder. What happened to your family is something unpredictable and it's an accident. No one is at fault. I'm sorry to tell you but you're going to be like this for the rest of your life. You're going to live your life like this. But I know you can do it, because many people can. I will help you, along with your therapist. Is that okay?" Thunder calmly explained.

"Wha-what happened to my mom? Is-is she...?" Chunsa was too afraid to even mention death. But Thunder knew what she was asking. Thunder simply nodded. 

"Don't start on the water works, you're going to pick yourself up. You're going to learn how to survive alone. I'll be there to help when you need me."

//

"Yeah I was struggling with my life and you were there, all nice and sweet, telling me how to do stuff without my legs." Chunsa smiled. She knew that she could lean her tired shoulders on Thunder whenever she wanted to. He was always there for her. 

"Hey, I was being nice for once and look what happened. Imagine if I was nice to all my patients... I would be in a polygamy family." Thunder joked. Chunsa slapped his shoulder weakly. 

"Thunder, could you bring me out to the park? I want to see the sunlight. Please." 
"But, you're not well enough yet. Your medication is going to take effect soon."
"I'm well enough to sit on my wheelchair and roll around. I'm bored on the bed."
"We could do something on your bed. We don't have to go out..." Thunder teased.
"I want to see the sunlight. I want to experience the outdoors..." Chunsa whined.
"Alright..." 

//

Underneath the bright sun, the sunlight beamed upon both the young couple. Thunder pushes Chunsa to a bench where they sat side by side, Chunsa leaning on Thunder's shoulder. Chunsa enjoyed the sunlight, breathing in deeply. It was the first in 3 months since she experienced the harsh rays of sunlight yet to her, it was blissful. But somehow she knew that she would probably never get to do this again. Thunder disliked the sunlight and she was never and will never be in the condition to come out to the park alone. 

"Am I going to get better? It feels like I am getting weaker every day despite the medication." 
"No, you're getting stronger. You're going to be better."

//

"My precious love, I knew that this day would come. My body becomes colder every day, with the lack of energy. But in my heart, my love for you never cools down. Even if time passes and I go, I will only love you. My love for you is hotter, and I will love you with an unchanging truth throughout a long period of time. I'll protect you no matter where I am. So don't worry about me. I'll only love you. Goodbye to the bright sun that ever shone on me, goodbye. I love you Thunder." 

Chunsa penned down her final thoughts. She knew that soon she would close her eyes and never open them again. She wanted to leave in peace, but Thunder was not around. He had to go visit other patients. With trembling hands, she left the letter on the side table where she threw the glass cup. She then covered her legs with the blanket and decided to nap. She never woke up. 

//

"My precious love, I've fallen in love. Your smile and your eyes. Your hands that warmly embraced my back. I love you, with an unchanging truth. I pray today, tonight for you. I will only love you. Even if you go, if you leave, I'll become like you and love you as always. Rest in peace my dearest angel. Goodbye to the angel that allowed me to feel happiness after such a long time, goodbye. I love you Chunsa." 

Thunder spoke on the podium as he wiped off his tears. Despite being a doctor, he couldn't help but get his emotions involved for the past few months. He was the only she had, she was the only had he had in the hospital. He finished off with a bow and went back to his seat. 

//

"Chunsa, you said you wanted to visit the park again right? Here we are. Under this sunlight, we are going to breath our love together, forever. I'm sorry I never did tell you that other than paralysis, your organs were failing one by one. I'm sorry for not telling that you were dying. I bet you felt that, but I just couldn't bring myself to say it. You were on the brink of death and depression and I didn't want to make you fall deeper. But you were okay for a while and I thought maybe you could live. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Thunder cried as he buried Chunsa beneath the soil where they once sat next to each other, with Chunsa leaning on Thunder's shoulder. 

[Author's note: I have owed this story for close to a month soon, so sorry for coming up with this so late. I was busy writing my other story >> Reply Country Girl (please support!!) and the ideas I came up for this song were so bad I could not even bear to write it. So it took me a while before a random idea just popped inside and tadah! the story is made! Thank you so much to ChunsaAngel21 who requested for this! So sorry for the late update! 

Also, if you have any more requests, do keep them coming! :D This is one good training place for me to hone my creativity especially when most love songs talk about the same few things hehe (: ]