4 To Cry Or To Laugh - Seo In Guk

From lyrics to stories ♪

10 August 2010

 

E-ryeong ah, it has been 100 days since we last met. For the first time in months, I decided to dress up and meet my friends. Jisub asked me tactlessly again, where were you? He then asked what happened to me. I couldn't help but smile weakly. 

 

____________________________________________________

20 November 2010

E-ryeong ah, today is supposed to be our anniversary. It seems like it was yesterday when we first met. You were the girl studying at the corner, while I was the bad guy wrecking havoc at the library. You came over to me and told me to keep quiet. That frown of yours... I was determined to make that frown into a smile. My dad asked where were you today. Again, I smiled weakly. What am I supposed to do E-ryeong ah? Help me please.

____________________________________________________

30 April 2011
 
E-ryeong ah, it has been a year since you left. No one seems to recall the fact that you left me. Are they just pretending? Are they afraid to ask me about you now? I just hope that they don't ask me about you or mention your name anymore. Every time your name is mentioned, I'm afraid everything will spill out. I don't want them to know, I miss you. I still love you and I need you back here with me. E-ryeong ah, come back please. Do you hear me? 
 

____________________________________________________

27 March 2012
 
E-ryeong ah, I can't remember how long it has been since you left. Every day I wake up and go down to the restaurant to eat my three meals, like you told me to. I still remember your words... 
 
"Don't eat anymore Ramyeon Kangwoo ah! It's bad for your health! At least go down to the ahjussi's store to eat okay?" 
 
Your voice still lingers in my head E-ryeong. It is as if you were still here. In case I cry while eating because I'm thinking of you, I laugh at myself for eating alone, pretending that I have a partner. I pretend nothing has happened and continue to eat and laugh, moving on with my life. In case I recall those vivid memories of us together, I try to keep myself occupied with telling the ahjussi my daily happenings. Minute things like finding a cockroach in my room. E-ryeong ah, you would have been brave enough to catch it for me right? Yet, no matter how hard I try, I still end up thinking about you, missing you even more. Ahjussi knows my story, but sometimes he forgets about you and asks me where are you. I can't blame him, he's getting old. But his words still hit me repeatedly, like bullets firing into my body. It hurts, that you are no longer here anymore, that you're gone. 
 

____________________________________________________

15 June 2012 
 
E-ryeong ah, I've coming to find you today. I hope you still remember me, the boy who was wrecking havoc in the library when you were studying. 
 

____________________________________________________

17 June 2012
 
E-ryeong ah! I'm here, do you remember me? I know my body's a little dirty with red patches all over me, but that's what I had to do to get here. My face's a little wet from the tears, but I'm not crying anymore, now that I've found you. You've been here long enough, teach me how to live with you. 
 

____________________________________________________

19 August 2012
 
E-ryeong ah, where did you go... I wrote a song for you. It's about us, you wanna hear it?
 
I know my face's wet again, but that's because I couldn't take it anymore. On my way home from the hospital, I decided to let you go. Everyone's finally telling me the truth. So, today's the last time I'm writing to you. I've been feeling like a fool, writing to someone that is already gone from where I am. I can't laugh anymore. E-ryeong, I'm sorry I can't keep to your promise, I cried. I can't hold it in any further. 
 
Rest in peace E-ryeong ah. God, take care of her for me. She's in your hands now. 
 

[Author's note: Just to clarify, E-ryeong's dead. Inspired by Inguk's song as well as his latest drama Master's Sun. (go watch if you haven't) Hope this is an okay update for my MIA recently, not much inspiration to write anything and I don't want to produce something of bad quality.]